• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Cat Street vol 3-4
fvT7YD5.jpg
FQ5ELMj.jpg

Kouichi has to win at the end cause he is completely better than lame ass Rei with his generic "going to Brazil to play soccer" goal. I'm surprised the whole Nako's revenge thing was resolved very quickly. I even thought she setup the entire music video deal so she can embarrass Keito even more, but I guess not. It's for the better too cause I want more romance time with Kouichi rather than showbiz drama. Can't complain about the pacing so far, the story seems to know where it's heading and isn't dragging on wasting time on useless junk.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I think there's the problem for me. I haven't read many manga and only the big three for years, so Guts character at the beginning was really refreshing for me. Seeing him turning into this boring cut and paste RPG party member that has to rely on his little helper is really a shame, imo.
It is sad you people can't recognize where this story's going or why he needs to be teamed up with a bunch of people.

It is sad you people can't recognize where this story's going or why he needs to be teamed up with a bunch of people.

If the release schedule stays like this, it's easy to predict where the story is going: Nowhere.

Seriously now, where do you think it's going? Guts is going to start his own little band of the lolis? Instead of being all "you people", you could actually say something constructive.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I get that it's reverse Romeo and Juliet, but a lot of people here seem to read it for almost no reason. At least I get why people kept reading Rage Town because they were so invested 150+ chapters into a series.

The waifu wars were pretty funny at the beginning. You have to realize its so mindless and short its practically equivalent to reading a comic strip on the comics page even though you don't like it.

What's worng with Guts relying in people and slowly opening his heart like in the golden era instead of follwoing a self destructing path?.

Yeah he may be "more" badass before, but it wouldn't make sense for him to keep going that path. He's building an army, yeah it has loli witches, is Miura design fault not a character development fault with Guts.

Manga may be a bit more lighearted now, but I think is fine is time Guts gets a break....

Girls of the Wild's

No Dal Dal for a month? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yeah, that sucks. I hope we have more Queen from now on. We need more Queen.

What's worng with Guts relying in people and slowly opening his heart like in the golden era instead of follwoing a self destructing path?.

Yeah he may be "more" badass before, but it wouldn't make sense for him to keep going that path. He's building an army, yeah it has loli witches, is Miura design fault not a character development fault with Guts.

Manga may be a bit more lighearted now, but I think is fine is time Guts gets a break....

There's nothing wrong per se, but I think it's rather boring. It doesn't help that only two people in his party are good characters.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
KNIM

I will give the author this. Seo definitely knows how to top the shittiness of the previous chapter with almost relative ease.

Brokasten is just really salty because loli witch is involved and she's actually fucking competent, hence growing in importance LOL

Lirlond

I like Schierke. I don't like Gutts' over reliance on her but it makes sense. Surely he'll learn to control his armour eventually, or find A new suit. The skull knight is clearly in magic armour and he isn't insane.

The sooner Schierke can go back to offensive magic the better.

She's just a bad character and ruins the mood.

Eh, I've read way worse.

And honestly if she ruins the mood then everyone else on the crew does the same, but hey they are there to stay.

I like Schierke. I don't like Gutts' over reliance on her but it makes sense. Surely he'll learn to control his armour eventually, or find A new suit. The skull knight is clearly in magic armour and he isn't insane.

Yep the biggest loss so far due to this team up.

That's pretty much all I want. Guts shouldn't need her every single time he fights and she would be way more bearable this way.

What´s wrong with Guts is that he became a cliched hero, and very boring.

Yeah, that sucks. I hope we have more Queen from now on. We need more Queen.
Dal Dal>>>>all.

Pimpwerx

The only problem with Berserk is the pace it terrible and the release schedule is deplorable. Well, that's two things, but my point still stands. With all these delays between releases, all we remember is the latest thing, which is that Guts is running around with a bunch of kids and sailors and STILL hasn't set foot on Elf Island.

I mean, I started reading Berserk long after the group has disembarked for Elf Island. I marathoned the whole damn series and they're still not there. Ugh. Miura should just sell the rights to one of his helpers and let them finish the series on some wacky, comedy-driven, tangential arc. At least we'd get some sort of closure. PEACE.

The only problem with Berserk is the pace it terrible and the release schedule is deplorable. Well, that's two things, but my point still stands. With all these delays between releases, all we remember is the latest thing, which is that Guts is running around with a bunch of kids and sailors and STILL hasn't set foot on Elf Island.

I mean, I started reading Berserk long after the group has disembarked for Elf Island. I marathoned the whole damn series and they're still not there. Ugh. Miura should just sell the rights to one of his helpers and let them finish the series on some wacky, comedy-driven, tangential arc. At least we'd get some sort of closure. PEACE.

The sea god battle took forever for everyone who followed it and waited for the manga.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
If the release schedule stays like this, it's easy to predict where the story is going: Nowhere.

Seriously now, where do you think it's going? Guts is going to start his own little band of the lolis? Instead of being all "you people", you could actually say something constructive.

You people really can't see it?

Guts has a behelit. One option he has to face Griffith evenly is to sacrifice his gang and become a demon god thinggie.

If Guts is brought low, this could very be a decision he will have to face.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You people really can't see it?

Guts has a behelit. One option he has to face Griffith evenly is to sacrifice his gang and become a demon god thinggie.

If Guts is brought low, this could very be a decision he will have to face.
This may very well defeat the entire purpose of the Golden Age Arc's development.

Not that I would hate it.

Berserk

This may very well defeat the entire purpose of the Golden Age Arc's development.

Not that I would hate it.

It could but his creature even mentions the possibility and believes he will lose people again soon, Slan even teased him about offering a sacrifice during their battle so its already a worry for Guts after that development.

You could say the crew is currently what is keeping him grounded and not do that shit but what will happen if that falls apart.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 01

4cJIXsrl.png

Hm, so this is the first chapter of the volume releases and I like it a lot better. More polished, there's definitely more relationship building with the whole secret and it does flow a lot better.

It is using a lot less references than the magazine release and a little less gags but it does seem more focused especially now that I already read random bits of the magazine release.

Articalys

Quick update on Del Toro's plans for the live-action Monster adaptation:
On Monster, Del Toro said that he just submitted the pilot script to HBO last week and that they’re reading it right now. He revealed his version is very respectful of Urasawa’s manga. Del Toro gained permission from Urasawa to adapt his work, only if he submitted to the author an outline for each episode of the theoretical first season. Del Toro was quick to chime that the series would have a short shelf life – as it will strictly follow the manga’s 18 volumes, nothing added to increase seasons or episode count.

Slam Dunk 195 - 278 (end)
tumblr_mmp7rrunmk1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The match against Sannoh was quite epic and really amazing for the whole series. I thought previous matches against Kainan and Ryonan were amazing but this really upped the whole thing in terms of drama, intensity, and even visuals. Rukawa truly is the star of the whole series and delivered on multiple fronts. Somehow I ended up finding myself also completely amazed by Miyagi too who definitely became probably my favorite character tied with Rukawa. All in all when I think of Slam Dunk I will definitely always remember this whole match.

Unfortunately, Slam Dunk did have a few issues that really lowers its quality overall. Times out of actual games are largely forgettable and really dull. Most were sleep inducing or just made me just want to get to the next chapter within the first page or two. The manga also was extremely predictable. I always wonder why series in the genre just never want to give us crowned winners and what not, thats something youd expect of a short series or something. But still, the second they entered the tournament it was like, they definitely wont make it all the way. The biggest offense was just the atrocious ending. It made it seem like I wasted all my time reading the previous 275 or so chapters, and worst yet that the whole match was a waste of time. I dont think there was nary a gram of good news that came from it at all. No one went to america, one suffered a huge injury, no one got into the university team on scholarship, and the team is left in a worst state. The only one that benefited was like the worst character even, unbelievable.

Oh well, oh and Anzai must be commended, manga's best seasoned citizen Ive encountered. He and Sakuragi, and his plans and strategy, wish his dream could have been realized.

If I ranked sports series, Slam Dunk would be

Free!!
Haikyuu!!
Oofuri
Kuroko's Basketball
Knight in the Area
Ginga e Kickoff
Slam Dunk
New Prince of Tennis
Cross Manage
REAL

Kurita