• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Aku no Hana 45

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

This chapter was so fucking NTR. How do you walk into another dude's place of employment during Christmas, confess to his girl, and then walk out with his girl without even acknowledging his existence once?

ALPHA AS FUCK

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Meh i dropped Eyeshield after 15 tankobon or so, it became stale and repetitive then just for shit and giggles I saw the end... what and underwhelming ending. It's a shame though because at first it was crazy good and entertaining.

You didn't see the true end. The actual end is just a cheap cash in.

True end was the christmas bowl.

survivor

Banned
Cat Street

How to take down a website according to this manga

1. Send an email titled "New Game" to the admin of the website
2. Attach a file with a virus to the email that the admin will surely download
3. Through magic the virus will delete the website and break the computer

I almost wish Kouichi just did the normal hacking sequence that happens in normal movies.

Oh yeah, the rivalry is intensifying
cat-dramacsupf.jpg

Soma

Aku no Hana 45

So for the first time in 45 chapters I feel some sort of empathy for Kasuga. Well done!

Now to enjoy it all come crashing down.

Haly

Aku no Hana 45

So for the first time in 45 chapters I feel some sort of empathy for Kasuga. Well done!

So what you're saying is, you like to steal other people's girlfriends.

Monster ~61

This series just gets more and more suspenseful it's driving me crazy.

Brotkasten if you've halted reading this I'd suggest you pick it back up and just stick with it. While there does seem to be a lot of plot jumping around from chapter 8-30ish everything does come together and when it does you'll be on the edge of your seat the way I am.

El Sloth

Banned
Moontr
Aku no Hana 45

GODDAMN. Never thought I'd see Kasuga pull off something as ballsy as this but he fucking did it. rip flower
2 alpha

Only if
that magazine cover with Nakamura and Tokiwa was literal and not hypothetical and we're going to see the return of Queen Shit Eater to fuck things up in the best way possible.

Otherwise, I think I'll actually be rooting for them. Kasuga has made some actual real legit character growth. I wanna see how much more he'll be able to redeem himself.

More than anything, I want to see Saeki flip her fucking shit.

Haly

"Hey, remember the friends you ditched for Kasuga? Well, these are Kasuga's 'friends'. HAVE FUN TOKIWA!"

I seem to remember that someone had confirmed he was a troll / joke character, on the contrary. Is my memory playing tricks on me?

If my memory serves me, the roommate had posted that DTL was a big troll in real life as well, but that the trolling was so deep that it became partially real.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You guys do realise that you are the ones giving DTL more power than he could ever hope for? :p

I do believe that he genuinely enjoys what he reads, and more power to him.

Monster ~61

This series just gets more and more suspenseful it's driving me crazy.

Brotkasten if you've halted reading this I'd suggest you pick it back up and just stick with it. While there does seem to be a lot of plot jumping around from chapter 8-30ish everything does come together and when it does you'll be on the edge of your seat the way I am.

I stopped in the middle of chapter 14. It absolutely bored me and now you're telling me I'll have to endure 16 more chapters like this until it finally picks up the pace?

I guess this is how the people feel, when I tell them to power through the first two volumes of 7 Seeds. Ugh.

I stopped in the middle of chapter 14. It absolutely bored me and now you're telling me I'll have to endure 16 more chapters like this until it finally picks up the pace?

I guess this is how the people feel, when I tell them to power through the first two volumes of 7 Seeds. Ugh.

Yeah in a way it's like 7 Seeds, starts off slow then gets more interesting around the Team Winter/Turkish Ghetto plot (Chapter 26 in Monster). It says around that level of interesting until the next really big story thread where it finally takes off at the Summer A/Schuwald story thread (chapter 47 in Monster).

Korosenai

Toriko 177

Holy shit, the reaction faces to the Dodurian Bomb are hilarious. So far this arc has been great. The Four Heavenly Kings reunited for a couple chapters, Jirou showed up, now this. Good stuff.

So, yeah; he is a troll. Now you can all go back to bed.

How do you even reach that conclusion from that post from last year from a friend I havent even lived with or seen since early 2010? Maybe if this thread were on Nintendo, but then the rest of the post clearly indicates that even in 2012 the opinions I posted on within the context of this thread were not what one would consider made up "troll" type behavior and statements. Really I dont know what some people want people to do to even be given any chance to somehow at least have their opinion taken seriously. I mean does this really need to be brought up every few months. One should should be willing to assess someone based on their own experiences and impressions rather than solely on off-location old/potential outdated history.

Dresden

aku no hana - 45

This chapter made me happy.

I can see Nakamura's return being handled in two ways - one is to show her changed from the Nakamura of old, reformed if you will, the past put behind her just as Kasuga (finally) stepped away from his. The other is for her to run over Tokiwa on her motorcycle then chain-whip Kasuga in the face before raping him with a strap-on.

wonzo

Banned
aku no hana - 45

I can see Nakamura's return being handled in two ways - one is to show her changed from the Nakamura of old, reformed if you will, the past put behind her just as Kasuga (finally) stepped away from his. The other is for her to run over Tokiwa on her motorcycle then chain-whip Kasuga in the face before raping him with a strap-on.

easily the best possible outcome

From my experience, your posts read deliberately written to bait responses.

That better?

I feel like if DTL were trying to troll manGAF he'd probably link/post more photos of OP/Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail/etc characters from various yaoi doujins. As it stands most of the stuff he posts about really wouldn't offend/troll anyone.

From my experience, your posts read deliberately written to bait responses.

That better?

He's winning.

Yeah in a way it's like 7 Seeds, starts off slow then gets more interesting around the Team Winter/Turkish Ghetto plot (Chapter 26 in Monster). It says around that level of interesting until the next really big story thread where it finally takes off at the Summer A/Schuwald story thread (chapter 47 in Monster).

I definitely won't pick it up right away, but consider it on my list. I only started reading it, because survivor (iirc) said the first chapter would get you hooked and since I saw the first few episodes of the anime and didn't remember it being good, I went to check again.

He's winning.

I definitely won't pick it up right away, but consider it on my list. I only started reading it, because survivor (iirc) said the first chapter would get you hooked and since I saw the first few episodes of the anime and didn't remember it being that good, I went to check again.

Yeah I understand how you feel, I went into Monster expecting my balls to be rocked based upon comments I've heard about the series and about it's main antagonist Johan. I wasn't expecting 4 anime episodes/8 manga chapters for something remotely interesting to happen. I feel like with both 7 Seeds and Monster it took me like 2-3 weeks to get past the first 30 or so chapters, after that point it took me like 2-3 days to be caught up

IHaveIce

Banned
aku no hana - 45

Why would I prefer the latter one? I don't know.

7Th

The main story is by far the worst part of Monster; the small, slice-of-life bits reminiscent of Black Jack are the best. Johan isn't a very interesting or compelling character overall.

The main story is by far the worst part of Monster; the small, slice-of-life bits reminiscent of Black Jack are the best. Johan isn't a very interesting or compelling character overall.

I find the best parts of Monster to be the parts when we see Johan just around acting like a nice guy, that edge of the seat feeling that you know something terrible is about to happen at any second is fantastic.

Erigu

The main story is by far the worst part of Monster; the small, slice-of-life bits reminiscent of Black Jack are the best.
Pretty much. Although I'm not even sure I'd still enjoy that aspect of the series if I read it again, as I feel I've had my fill of Urasawa's heavy-handed and formulaic sentimentalism...

I feel like if DTL were trying to troll manGAF he'd probably link/post more photos of OP/Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail/etc characters from various yaoi doujins. As it stands most of the stuff he posts about really wouldn't offend/troll anyone.

It's fine when he reads his yaoi fan art or whatever, but once he posts about series people here actually read it can get really stupid, like "omg why would the mangaka of Fairy Tail (whoever that is) focus on the pervy dragon and his spell that makes clothes disappear, which he casted on Lucy!". I mean, come the fuck on. Most people are just sane enough not to respond to that type of post anymore. I remember him getting the worst out of people, up to the point where we would basically scream at others who argued with him and begged them not to respond to the posts he made. Nowadays it's just laughed off.

Yeah I understand how you feel, I went into Monster expecting my balls to be rocked based upon comments I've heard about the series and about it's main antagonist Johan. I wasn't expecting 4 anime episodes/8 manga chapters for something remotely interesting to happen. I feel like with both 7 Seeds and Monster it took me like 2-3 weeks to get past the first 30 or so chapters, after that point it took me like 2-3 days to be caught up

Even the reveal and the stuff that happened in Heidelberg couldn't get me interested in Johan or his past. Absolutely boring villain and protagonist. But as I said, I'll definitely read it. Right now I'm just going through my list and look for something shorter.

7Th

I find the best parts of Monster to be the parts when we see Johan just around acting like a nice guy, that edge of the seat feeling that you know something terrible is about to happen at any second is fantastic.

It was fun at first, but the more they reveal about Johan... the more ridiculous and uninteresting he becomes.

It's fine when he reads his yaoi fan art or whatever, but once he posts about series people here actually read it can get really stupid, like "omg why would the mangaka of Fairy Tail (whoever that is) focus on the pervy dragon and his spell that makes clothes disappear, which he cased on Lucy!". I mean, come the fuck on. Most people are just sane enough not to respond to that type of post anymore. I remember him getting the worst out of people, up to the point where we would basically scream at others who argued with him and begged them not to respond to the posts he made. Nowadays it's just laughed off.

Even the reveal and the stuff that happened in Heidelberg couldn't get me interested in Johan or his past. Absolutely boring villain and protagonist. But as I said, I'll definitely read it. Right now I'm just going through my list and look for something shorter.

Fair enough

And yeah I guess if you're not sucked in by the character of Johan you wouldn't enjoy the series as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom