• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Food Smut 22

What are you doing here L?
UpCqScp.png

Didn't a scene teased that Sena reproaches Suzuna's feelings?

I just remember the scene where he falls in her arms after the Bando Spiders match.

<--- big fan of girls with small assets.

<--- big fan of girls with short hair.

Suzuna doesn't really need to develop. It's not like she has some personal issues or demons to tackle. She's an upbeat skater girl who just keeps on trucking along.

Mamori had only one issue and that was treating Sena like a kid and that got resolved in a single page.

I thought it was pretty obvious what I was trying to say but if even you didn't get it...

Kurita

I wouldn't mind a sequel with the college teams.
Dunno if they could come up with new powers now since everybody was already overpowered.

Shokugeki no Soma

FvMHRGU.png

Scary. I thought Doujima wanted to experience Souma's cooking and did not see that twist at the end at all. Obviously they won't fail but this is still pretty cool, want to see how Tadokoro and Souma handle it.

Sc5U3Wj.png

also poor Hinako :lol

A4qyADf.png

and Mizuhara is cool as well

Articalys

Uwagaki 1-5

This is an interesting series.

Unfortunately, even though it's already ended, the people working on it are only going at one chapter per month, and there are 21 chapters in total.

Anyone reading Feng Shen Ji? I think it's by the same person behind City of Darkness

It's very entertaining and a constant attention grabbing. It's one of those rare manga where you grow to like the hero. He actually has character development(and a good following of time as you see him grow up) and stop being a prick despite being against the world.

City of Darkness

I love how AV is coming back with a force. Only complaint I had with the latest issue was the blatant racism during Kong's fight.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Blade of the Immortal END

So it's finally over.

Dunno how I felt about that ending. Seems like it's manji's curse to always look after someone. At least it seems like he's enjoying it.

Overall one of the best samurai epics I've read.

edit: you know, that ending is open enough that he could do a sequel to it. If he wants to.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Food smut 22

Good job on keeping the formula fresh.

Honestly out of all the new jump series this is probably my favourite.

Shokugeki no Soma 22
tumblr_mmqoqqlvVq1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Souma looked great and then the Isshiki chapter page. Easily my favorite two moments of the chapter. I thought content wise it was alright however, I think it has the potential to be quite dull, Hopefully somehow Souma can take the lead position again as so far Tadokoro hasnt really been exciting or enjoyable.

Lain

Did some reading between yesterday and today:

Ousama Game Volume 1
8Ho.jpg

The king game wreaking havoc in a class can be an interesting premise and here it seems used well enough, at least initially. By the end of the volume though I was questioning people's thinking ability.
As soon as things start getting serious and classmates dieing, I would have expected the MC to go to the police, but he waits until the fourth death or so. Naturally, no one there believes him, or the manga wouldn't keep going.
I didn't really like the way the first volume ended, since main dude will have to decide between keeping his best friend alive by letting him fuck his girlfriend or saving his girlfriend and letting his best friend die, but I'm curious to see how it'll develop.
I'm considering grabbing the novel as well.

Adekan volume 1
7Ho.jpg

Despite what one could think, this is a shojo and actually pretty intriguing. The art is fantastic (despite a certain lack of backgrounds here and there, since the focus is a lot on the characters) and the story seems to alternate well the serious and comedic parts, with a bit of out of character citations (like the Super Sayian stuff).
The chemistry between Shiro and Kojiro is quite nice and the way the author toys with them through yaoi undertones has even me interested (mostly it's because of the art that has Shiro look so slender and girl looking).
Shiro's brother doesn't spell anything good and I'm curious to see more about what happened between them.

Rain volume 6
9Ho.jpg

More hints about some linked relationship between Rain and the Princess (now Queen) but nothing really concrete still is revealed, though the end of the volume seems to promise something happening next volume.
Shafir's change redeemed him and while I would have preferred that with his change would have been enough to redeem him, he decided that at that point, the only right thing to do was fight. His death by Rain's hand was honorable and had him go off like a knight should.

The World God Only Knows volume 13
6Ho.jpg

Hectic volume, with Keima on the offensive to save Kanon. I can't help but laughing my ass off when Keima gets abused and at the same time respect him for his conquests plans.
I wish he'd try to conquer the teacher, which is the hottest woman in the manga.
Special mention for Elsie, that is quite funny even as Kanon's double.

Ilegenes volume 3
AHo.jpg

It seems like every other man wants to get into Fon's pants. Even Es, Janis' clone.
The plot has taken an even deeper political turn, with the formation of an anti-government group to help root out the corruption that's been plaguing the people in power.
Seeing Jack trying to help/shield Fon from harming his own self through his rash actions dictated by his thirst for revenge has him almost seem in love with Fon.
Nicolas back story explains a bit of why he doesn't like the Ilegenes government, but it also made me wonder how they got their hands on his sister's genes.

Ism/i volume 2
BHo.jpg

This was weird. I understood very little of what was said while they were talking of miracles, heretics, double personality and a lot of other stuff. But the Woman the protagonists were after did all she did in order to get the girl she was in love with to live once again and that was enough for me to forgive her. She and her lover died, but not before her lover woke up from her death state, giving a sense of fulfillment to what she was trying to achieve.
Confusing as fuck, but pretty.

OZ volume 4
CHo.jpg

Tinman is a piece of shit. Using people and then throwing them away like it's nothing.
The story so far has been a bit too lacking in giving the right amount of explanations imho while still introducing new characters and hinting at stuff as we're getting closer to the end.
So far it would seem that Dorothy is like a computer program or a very advanced A.I. or something, though I don't understand why she disappeared by the end of the volume.

Did some reading between yesterday and today:
Ilegenes volume 3
AHo.jpg

It seems like every other man wants to get into Fon's pants. Even Es, Janis' clone.
The plot has taken an even deeper political turn, with the formation of an anti-government group to help root out the corruption that's been plaguing the people in power.
Seeing Jack trying to help/shield Fon from harming his own self through his rash actions dictated by his thirst for revenge has him almost seem in love with Fon.
Nicolas back story explains a bit of why he doesn't like the Ilegenes government, but it also made me wonder how they got their hands on his sister's genes.

Is that worth reading? Have been tempted to put it on my plan to read list.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 22

I have compiled a list of things in this manga which are "best thing" by their nature (no specific order, but count Tadokoro four times)

- Inui
- Hinako
- Doujima
- Tadokoro
- This manga

Lucky Dog 1 Blast 14
tumblr_mmqvxgFGGE1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Although it isnt yaoi (well the game its based off of is), at least they do keep some good moments implying some type of attractions in this. Guilo and Gian moment was good, though Ivan Gian is always a favorite. But onto the plot moments, fragile indeed, the whole last nine or so pages with the lady and how it was drawn was really emotional.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Blade of the Immortal END

So it's finally over.

Dunno how I felt about that ending. Seems like it's manji's curse to always look after someone. At least it seems like he's enjoying it.

Overall one of the best samurai epics I've read.

edit: you know, that ending is open enough that he could do a sequel to it. If he wants to.

I might just have to start this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom