• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for May 13th 2013

Blue Exorcist 46
Naruto 629
Mario (one-shot)
One Piece 708
Toriko 232
Nisekoi 73
World Trigger 13
Bleach 536
Cross Manage 32
One-Punch Man 16
Dragon Ball 208

Previews: Bleach and Nisekoi

Looks like they won't be picking up Mutou Black. Ah well. Next week we'll see if they pick up Smoky B.B.

Kurita

Some pretty cool figures to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the Weekly Shonen Jump

NOXppCO.jpg
ZrJDG1e.jpg

Yjz6ajl.jpg
3SWdAuK.jpg

Ejm7Hdr.jpg
8JBPKS2.jpg

w5Ahqme.jpg
CACN2gC.jpg

US Jump TOC for May 13th 2013

Blue Exorcist 46
Naruto 629
Mario (one-shot)
One Piece 708
Toriko 232
Nisekoi 73
World Trigger 13
Bleach 536
Cross Manage 32
One-Punch Man 16
Dragon Ball 208

Previews: Bleach and Nisekoi

Looks like they won't be picking up Mutou Black. Ah well. Next week we'll see if they pick up Smoky B.B.

Did you listen to their podcast?

Noblesse

i hope the lord and her army invade the fucking Union and destroy it. (long shot lol)

Well at least i hope that Karias and Gejutel go to Rai´s aide.

Tower of God

Hell yeah Bam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut

I just wish the object of these Shoukugeki wasn't constantly, "Soma gets expelled" because there isn't any way he'll lose and there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe that explusion is the only thing you can bet on these things.

Not that I expect Tadokoro to ever get expelled either because dat Tadokoro

Food Smut

I just wish the object of these Shoukugeki wasn't constantly, "Soma gets expelled" because there isn't any way he'll lose and there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe that explusion is the only thing you can bet on these things.

I mean isn't that a problem in almost every series ever? It's not about if the protagonist is going to win or not it's how is are they going to win.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean isn't that a problem in almost every series ever? It's not about if the protagonist is going to win or not it's how is are they going to win.

Not necessarily. As was noted in the last chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin, Eren never wins.

Its certainly possible he could lose without being flat-out expelled. Just make the battle not for the stakes of being expelled.

Trickster

Food Smut

The series is only 22 chapter long so far. I'd be really surprised if everytime is where the penalty will be expulsion.

Not necessarily. As was noted in the last chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin, Eren never wins.

Its certainly possible he could lose without being flat-out expelled. Just make the battle not for the stakes of being expelled.

I mean in the end Eren got the biggest win of all simply by not dying when he was eaten by a Titan and Mikasa almost always wins so it balances out.

And I'm sure eventually we will see Soma-Kun lose a shokugeki or two later on in the series, but he'll have to have gained a lot of advances for that to happen. Besides I'm not sure what else he could be equivalent in a battle to prevent another student from being expelled then his own right to attend the school.

Kurita

The best One Piece figures are the Portrait of Pirates. Some of them can be kind of expensive though.

As far as the figures I posted are concerned I really want Sena, Koro-sensei, Nagisa, Kageyama, Hinata, Bossun, Jotaro, Gintoki and Kinnikuman.

The best One Piece figures are the Portrait of Pirates. Some of them can be kind of expensive though.

As far as the figures I posted are concerned I really want Sena, Koro-sensei, Nagisa, Kageyama, Hinata, Bossun, Jotaro, Gintoki and Kinnikuman.

If Bleach got the same figure love as One Piece, but I guess its too late for it.

I didnt even notice Sena the first time looking at them.

Damn those figures look great. But you know the import prices will be insane. Still need to catch up on my One Piece set and start a Soul Eater collection...

Kurita

SKET Dance vol.3
iTo6IDC.jpg

So far I'm basically rereading it since I read like 150 chapters in scans. Doesn't stop me from buying the volumes when they come out.
But really, it's such a good manga, I'm not tired of it.
The chapters where the team help Uchida becoming popular is still one of my fav moments.
The scene where everybody cheer for him in front of the hospital is so heart-warming (I cried the first time I read it back then haha).

Code: Breaker 218

Good chapter with my favorites all arriving on the scene or gaining new abilities. Asmodeus being added, soon, all will be Ogami Rei's. I wonder if they will surely take down Fujiwara or if this will actually continue on with him finding some way to thwart the opposition and push it back for another few arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom