• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
May I ask why you dropped Foot Smut? The reactions this week seemed rather positive.

I think Foot Smut is something entirely different.

He's been wrestling with the invincible MC trope for like 75% of his comments on the manga so far, it seems like a camel broke his straw so to say, since the chapter itself wasn't particularly explosive. Feel free to correct me angry-man.

C'mon guys. You really think I'd drop Food Smut and keep Nisekoi. That was just a combo breaker.

It's.. hard to say. I mean, the smut is definitely there, and they are most definitely physically orgasming by interacting with food, but.. and I hate myself for relying on this comparison again, but it's so easy I have to: it's done similarly to Yakitate Japan and it's hilarious in the same vein. If you liked that manga, then it should be fine even if you don't like smut, I think.

Not much point in figuring it out though since the first chapter is enough for anyone to make up his mind... that's the important part of the whole thing I think.

We definitely need more Inui reactions.

The author seems to have been toning down the fanservice food reactions recently. It started at one Food-gasm per chapter and now there's like a Food-gasm every ~5 chapters (mostly because the author has to set Soma up to cook anything as opposed to just randomly making meals every chapter). There's moe-blob fanservice practically every chapter though since Tadokoro is in every chapter after her intro.

I think Foot Smut is something entirely different.

Shit. :lol

It's.. hard to say. I mean, the smut is definitely there, and they are most definitely physically orgasming by interacting with food, but.. and I hate myself for relying on this comparison again, but it's so easy I have to: it's done similarly to Yakitate Japan and it's hilarious in the same vein. If you liked that manga, then it should be fine even if you don't like smut, I think.

Not much point in figuring it out though since the first chapter is enough for anyone to make up his mind... that's the important part of the whole thing I think.

We definitely need more Inui reactions.

Never read Yakitate Japan, so I wouldn't know. I asked because I'm not into smut, but I wouldn't mind another good weekly manga in my list and most reactions here seem rather tame and amused.

Assassination Classroom 42
tumblr_mmsr1mi6gT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think his best moments in terms of visual direction is always the random skulls, snakes, and insects. I think Board Chairman is definitely leading so far in terms of best new gen antagonist type character for Jump. Am definitely a fan of him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shit. :lol

Never read Yakitate Japan, so I wouldn't know. I asked because I'm not into smut, but I wouldn't mind another good weekly manga in my list and most reactions here seem rather tame and amused.

However, if you're interested in Foot Smut, I could direct you accordingly. I assure you it exists. :lol:

bigkrev

Aunt Tits

Nothing happened. In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue, and the sun rose again.

Assassination Classroom

Like Kurita, I was slain by the bitch panel.

Kurita

Roggy - One Shot
This was published in the Jump VS weeks ago, not sure if an English-speaking group translated it.
It was actually pretty cool. Basically, there are some modified people who use some other people's blood in order to gain powers and shit, it's a pretty neat idea imo.
Art was decent, I liked the MC and the designs of the other characters.
Maybe it will become a series one day, it has some potential.

Ass Class

I think at this point we know that Kuro can fly at Mach 20 speed, it doesn't need to be mentioned every single time.

Anyway, I agree with DTL, the board chairman is a great villain. But other than that it was quite the boring conclusion to that arc and a total waste of a potentially great character.

upandaway

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: sorry, sorry guys. before i noticed this happened. give me 10 minutes.. just let me, i can't. give me 10 minutes to calm down. i can't breathe

Kurita

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ok

edit: sorry, sorry guys. before i noticed this happened. give me 10 minutes.. just let me, i can't. give me 10 minutes to calm down. i can't breathe

Upandaway trippin balls again

I'm not a doc, but maybe you should take your meds again.

scy

best poster NA

Steroyd

I do believe the correct breathing method is "hoo hoo hee hee".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
TOC Bottom 9

Gintama
Beelzebub
World Trigger
Victory Uchida (One Shot from V-Jump, 16 pg.)
Majin no Gard (One Shot from Saikyou Jump, 4 pg.)
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san (End)

So long one-eyed, big titty, annoying as hell Rookie Policewoman Kiruko. You were really stupid.

TOC Bottom 9

Gintama
Beelzebub
World Trigger
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison

So long one-eyed, big titty, annoying as hell Rookie Policewoman Kiruko. You were really stupid.

Are we really counting One Shot's as part of the bottom? World Trigger might survive a bit longer as it's not doing as bad as the things below it though Kochikame has some kind of immunity so in a sense WT is in the bottom 3 now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are we really counting One Shot's as part of the bottom? World Trigger might survive a bit longer as it's not doing as bad as the things below it though Kochikame has some kind of immunity so in a sense WT is in the bottom 3 now.

I was just copypasting what I found.
Yeah, Kochikame is completely immune to TOC (running since 1976 can do that to you) so World Trigger is technically in the bottom 3. At least the kids have caught on, this series is dull and badly drawn.

bigkrev

I really need to get some of whatever you are on...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Dude, for real you need to share. Pass that shit around.

upandaway

I know Assassination Classroom is pretty bad, but come on now, don't you think you're overreacting?
Manga I'm reading right now
One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
Toriko

Until I get a new computer, or until I'm done with Muv Luv, the latter of the two.

Nobody reads email tags anyway.
I put it the second afterwards when I realized what I was doing.. adding context at least won't do any more damage than was already done (though I don't know if anyone here played through said context..). I need some place to let out steam so I won't ruin the thread all the time :(

dramatis

You can basically knock out 4 of the 9: the one shots, the ending manga, and Kochikame. So you're technically left with bottom 5.

World Trigger will survive if the 3 serialized this month all bomb. I expect Cross Manage to eek out a survival like that too.

Would really like Koisuru Edison to get the hell out of the mag already though.

Manga I'm reading right now
One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
Toriko

Until I get a new computer, or until I'm done with Muv Luv, the latter of the two.

I put it the second afterwards when I realized what I was doing.. adding context at least won't do any more damage than was already done (though I don't know if anyone here played through said context..). I need some place to let out steam so I won't ruin the thread all the time :(

Trust me bro, when you begin to trip balls you're making the thread 10x better then it is any other time during the week

You can basically knock out 4 of the 9: the one shots, the ending manga, and Kochikame. So you're technically left with bottom 5.

Makes sense, has Beelzebub and Gintama not been that great those two along with Bleach have been consistently pretty low for awhile

TOC Bottom 9

Gintama
Beelzebub
World Trigger
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison

Well at least World Trigger is close to escaping the B5. Beelzebub seems to trend like Medaka box.

Hopefully eight weeks from now Soul Catcher(s) is in the top 5.

Deep character interaction (I leafed through the raw, it wasn't THAT bad to be honest, but I can't see it becoming really popular...)

To be fair if any of us had been around when Naruto had started I doubt we would have guessed it would become as large as it did.

You're right, the only thing that has me even slightly interested in Soul Catchers is the music element of it which somehow I feel won't translate in manga form at all.
Unless the mangaka provides some sort of soundtrack for every chapter, I don't really see how it could work.

To be fair if any of us had been around when Naruto had started I doubt we would have guessed it would become as large as it did.

I call complete bullshit on this.

The way the lore and manga was set up it was practically the manga equivalent of a Oscar Bait for movies.

It had EVERYTHING that was needed to blow up big and...it did. Massively.

It still blows my mind that Naruto first came out around the same time as the Matrix did...and the anime showed up in America when the 360 came out...eight years ago.

Fuck do I feel old as shit.

Angry Grimace

Well, who knows what was even running in Jump at that point. One Piece was like a year and a half in and lord knows what else

survivor

Banned
Well, who knows what was even running in Jump at that point. One Piece was like a year and a half in and lord knows what else

Some of the stuff running when Naruto got serialized.

Hoshin Engi
Yu-Gi-Oh
I"s
Seikimatsu Leader-den Takeshi!
One Piece
Rookies
Whistle!
Hunter × Hunter
Shaman King
Rising Impact
Hikaru no Go
ZombiePowder