• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

Oh Kubo just stop the German, it is always wrong 'Prinz von Licht' is not the correct term for Prince of Light.

But very good chapter.

Just like "auswahlen", when speaking of the "holy selection" or purge or whatever. Is it so hard to get some consultant or anyone who speaks the language you try to imitate?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just like "auswahlen", when speaking of the "holy selection" or purge or whatever. Is it so hard to get some consultant or anyone who speaks to language you try to imitate?
If public corporations have trouble keeping engrish out of their products/ads, what makes you think a mere mangaka could/would be able to do so?

(jk he's just bad)

iavi

Naruto

The chapter was aight. Kakashi could've kept the preachy nonsense to himself, but Minato coming in like the G he is makes everything seem alright anyway, so it's all good.

Most likely, yeah. I'm just wondering if he got fooled by Bach into thinking that the Shinigami killed her or if he "infiltrated" the Vandenreich.

Infiltration seems so typical, but I honestly think that's what it is

Side note: +1 on Ishida's uniform. Kubo stay flexing those designer chops.

Most likely, yeah. I'm just wondering if he got fooled by Bach into thinking that the Shinigami killed her or if he "infiltrated" the Vandenreich.

I'd say it all depends on how much Uryuu's father knows and how he's involved. He doesn't seem to be on their side, but might have opened the door for him.

If public corporations have trouble keeping engrish out of their products/ads, what makes you think a mere mangaka could/would be able to do so?

(jk he's just bad)

Maybe I should write him an angry letter. It's just too bad that this is already the final arc.

Bleach

Infiltration seems so typical, but I honestly think that's what it is

Side note: +1 on Ishida's uniform. Kubo stay flexing those designer chops.

I'd say it all depends on how much Uryuu's father knows and how he's involved. He doesn't seem to be on their side, but might have opened the door for him.

On that note, I hope there's an all-out fight between Isshin and Ryuken because the latter blames the former for Masaki's death.

AJwi6MB.gif

On that note, I hope there's an all-out fight between Isshin and Ryuken because the latter blames the former for Masaki's death.

That would mean Ryuken just found out about the reason for his wife's death and I doubt that. Both of them lost their wifes around the same time and I suppose they know there's some kind of connection. They've also been way too friendly with each other in the past to fight it out like that. I really hope Kubo doesn't go down that route, because their relationship was always something pretty cool, imo.

cdyhybrid

Bleach

AJwi6MB.gif

I have to imagine that Ryuuken knows. He hangs out with Urahara and Isshin. If Ishida is indeed becoming a bad guy I have to imagine that Ryuuken will try and slap some sense into him at some point.

I also wonder if Kubo's Spanish wording is as innacurate as his German seems to be :p

Mael

Naruto
Well TNJ in progress, Kakashi can copy everything but not at full potential.
Naruto would have been done in this chapter already.
Jokes aside, 1rst war chapter that wasn't totally bad in a while.
Also where the hell did Minato teleport that huge attack?

Bleach
We got confirmation of things we already knew and on top of that we got some good lore and a cool twist.
Ishida no longer being totally useless would make for a cool twist actually.

Now only One Pice and catching up with Toriko for this week's chapter

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
GO WEDNESDAY GAF GO!

Yamada 60

Yamada, you're such a twit.

Also, is that a bit of tsundere I sense from Shiraishi? Excellent.

Naruto

Bleach

That would mean Ryuken just found out about the reason for his wife's death and I doubt that. Both of them lost their wifes around the same time and I suppose they know there's some kind of connection. They've also been way too friendly with each other in the past to fight it out like that. I really hope Kubo doesn't go down that route, because their relationship was always something pretty cool, imo.

I have to imagine that Ryuuken knows. He hangs out with Urahara and Isshin. If Ishida is indeed becoming a bad guy I have to imagine that Ryuuken will try and slap some sense into him at some point.

It depends on how Kubo pulls it off. There's more behind Bach and the Quincies than "we nazis".

GO WEDNESDAY GAF GO!

kDdkNJi.gif

It's not Fairy Tail but I wouldn't put it past Kubo to do just that.

That's very unlikely. Kubo has purposely kept silent about what happened 999 years ago.

I would say that Juha Bach himself is not 100% pure quincy since he´s been around for a 1000 years. I predict that he was disillusion with being a shinigami and Yamamoto.

Well, we have to wait for a better translation but you're right, "Juha Bach is the one who created Quincy. Quincies started from him." and his history with Soul Society might imply exactly that.

I think at this point, it's pretty much a given that Juhabach was a Shinigami at some point before, somehow, turning himself into a Quincy

Also wouldn't surprise me is that 1000 years ago he lead a rebellion of Shinigami and turned them into Quincy starting the first war.

That's very unlikely. Kubo has purposely kept silent about what happened 999 years ago.

Well, we have to wait for a better translation but you're right, "Juha Bach is the one who created Quincy. Quincies started from him." and his history with Soul Society might imply exactly that.

I also can't wait to see how the Soul King is involved in all of this and dear god, please don't let Kubo pull an Orochimaru on Aizen.

random sidenote:

on Gaming side there's a thread about an article in WSJ about EA, DICE and Star Wars games.

Took me a moment to realize that it's Wall Street Journal.

Naruto

Kakashi is turning Obito, just as planned, suppose it's fitting Minato arrives first since he is the fastest, now he's gonna give Naruto the other half of the kyuubi or something, no more filler shinobi talk please

8/10

Naruto
Minato is there that means the others should be there soon .
Should be awesome .

Bleach
So the flashback it done .
Ishida most likely has something planed .

One Piece
Well the B block is done and it looks like we will get some info on the country next week.
We also see why bart is such a troll thanks to his DF and he working for someone .

One Piece

So, bringing back Bellamy has been quite the waste so far.

But Bartolomeo is great. That must have been one of the strongest attacks in One Piece as far as raw power goes and he blocked it with ease so there must be several restrictions to it like size, time, direction etc.

Kurita

One Piece

So, bringing Bellamy has been quite the waste so far.

But Bartolomeo is great. That must have been one of the strongest attacks in One Piece as far as raw power goes and he blocked it with ease so there must be several restrictions to it like size, time, direction etc.

I'm sure Bellamy will help the crew...

One Piece

So, bringing back Bellamy has been quite the waste so far.

Like all of these new faces who were introduced to do nothing.

rouken

One Piece

i lol'd at bartolomeo saying go to hell everyone. but my god that punch really is powerful too bad someone who conveniently has a barrier fruit was in the same block as them. also poor bellamy.

Like all of these new faces who were introduced to do nothing.

it's a tournament. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom