• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece (Panda version)

I'm a bit disappointed that Bartolomeo has a Barrier fruit and not an "anti-trolling shield", but I can see why he's so smug now. I'm sure he'll be an interesting opponent.
King Punch was awesome, these New World characters are getting crazier and crazier.

As for someone claiming Bellamy isn't important now, this is One Piece, he'll find a use eventually.

Nurarihyon is definitely worth a read brot, just remember that it is kinda boring until they reached the gyuki arc, and blossoms in the Shikoku arc. So around 20 chapters or so.

I really start liking during the Kyoto arc it got really awesome them .
Plus that arc shows you who the best girl is Tsurara FTW .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really start liking during the Kyoto arc it got really awesome them .
Plus that arc shows you who the best girl is Tsurara FTW .

Oh yeah, kyoto is fantastic.

Shikoku arc is still pretty good though.

Also the manga's depiction of youkai is really damn fantastic. Great art.

zoluV5F.png

Hystzen

Bleach

Uryu is obviously working for his father for revenge of his mother, Ryuuken obviously must have sensed the return of quincy told Uryu the truth and came up with a plan. It be pointless having a evil uryu now after all this time

Halloween Town -Party Time- 6
tumblr_mmuahblP911qbxqfpo1_500.png

Too short chapter but it was the conclusion of the arc so its alright. Friendship and bonding after the attack by the loligrandma was sweet and touching, though such mean vampires.

Your fake god is going to be slaughtered like a goat when Guts sees him.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Get on Vinland Saga, it´s better than Berserk.

I promised myself to start with Vagabond first. I can't ignore that beautiful cover any longer.

Nurarihyon is definitely worth a read brot, just remember that it is kinda boring until they reached the gyuki arc, and blossoms in the Shikoku arc. So around 20 chapters or so.

Thanks for the warning, I'll try to power through Monster first, though.

KingJ2002

Naruto:

Good chapter... Talk no jutsu might be working on Obito. Let's see how far Kakashi plays that out.

finally seeing a Naruto / Minato reunion in action is dope. It also means the other hokage should return next chapter... including a sasuke reunion.

crazy... Sasuke brings Naruto's dad back... but doesn't think of resurrecting his?

Bleach:

So all the crazy speculation has ended and it was Yhwach who took Masaki's life by taking her power. Not a shocker... but it brings motive and history solidying Yhwach's character. With that said.. it makes no sense that Uuryu joined him. He killed his mom for being impure... why join him?

Good chapter but.. huh?

Yamada and the Seven Witches 60

Guess a teacher needed to come up at some point in time.

What is the manga to do once all seven are gathered. Writer should have paced it out like one witch every 25-50 chapters, imo.

Soul Cartel 70

Best part of these type of manga are visual effects. Fire and Ice spells looked great...which reminds that I need to get back to Tower of God, unless it got unpopular? Up to ch4 s1.

Naruto

I ain't even mad about the retcon where magically everyone can use rock chakra. Naruto acting like his dad being their is nbd just goes to show how much Naruto has grown since the beginning.

Bleach

Now correct me if I'm wrong if Ishida is the child of a full blood and a half blood wouldn't that make him a half blood as well? If that is the case why didn't he die when Bach sucked the power of all the half blood Quincy?

Torraz

Just started reading Medaka Box, but I'm not really pulled in yet. Is there a recommended of chapters to read until something (big) happens?

Naruto

Now correct me if I'm wrong if Ishida is the child of a full blood and a half blood wouldn't that make him a half blood as well? If that is the case why didn't he die when Bach sucked the power of all the half blood Quincy?

IIRC having a half-blood parent and a full blood doesn't make you a half-blood, but technically a full blood, because half-blood is exactly as it sounds, HALF.

Uryu isn't half, he's 75/100. Which is significantly more than half.

Village

Naruto

I ain't even mad about the retcon where magically everyone can use rock chakra. Naruto acting like his dad being their is nbd just goes to show how much Naruto has grown since the beginning.

I have an opinion about Naruto thematically, but I ask you all to hear me out because even in my head it sounds a bit weird but it makes sense.

Naruto 630

Pretty boring except for Minato's appearance at the end.

One Piece 709

lol Bellamy.

Bart should keep on pissing off the crowd before he defeated.

Gintamen

Naruto

Why on earth is Naruto so unfazed about his zombified father showing up on the battlefield?
Look at his form, the all-mighty shinobi radar. The reaction was still too weak.

Better chap than last week, at least the part with Kakashi. Show him how it really is!

Akito

One Piece
Finally something happened. Bartolomeo having a barrier fruit is kinda expected, it seems pretty strong too if it could withstand dat punch. Other than that, only the toy soldier was somewhat relevant.

Brickhunt

Bach only took the power of Quincies he deemed impure. He personally select the Quincies he took their powers. Masaki's were taken because she was tainted with Hollow reiatsu while Katagiri was a ill mixed-blood who wasn't an Ishida.

Bach may have spared Uryu because, despite mixed-blood, he was an Ishida, unlike his mother. While Ichigo wasn't even a realized Quincy, and was rare breed of Quincy-Shinigami. Enough reason for him to let them keep their powers.

Bach only took the power of Quincies he deemed impure. He personally select the Quincies he took their powers. Masaki's were taken because she was tainted with Hollow reiatsu while Katagiri was a ill mixed-blood who wasn't an Ishida.

Bach may have spared Uryu because, despite mixed-blood, he was an Ishida, unlike his mother. While Ichigo wasn't even a realized Quincy, and was rare breed of Quincy-Shinigami. Enough reason for him to let them keep their powers.

Makes sense to me

Wouldn't that mean that Ryuken's mother is also still alive?

Bleach 537

Solid chapter.

Hope Ichigo is smart enough to realize Uryu's true intentions instead of being surprised/angry when he sees him with Bach.

789shadow

Banned
All 3 chapters were good today.

One Piece

Over/under on that barrier being punched right through by Luffy?

Naruto

The Juubi is fucking ridiculous.

Bleach

i2I8p1NQYH5Ty.gif

What if he really has gone to the dark side? I wouldn't mind seeing Uryu vs Ichigo round 2

I'd say a fight is unavoidable. Even if he plans to betray them at some point, he'll definitely have to keep the charade up for a while, especially to prove that he's really one of them now. I'm sure there's a page on TVTropes about it.

Stinky

Hate that One Piece takes so long to show up on the better readers.

Print Version (perfect details, linework and tones) >>> Stream version (murky tones and loss of detail) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Panda version (really murky tones, ruined linework, low resolution and it looks like the scanner used to produce the raws has been smeared with butter. Or the release is passed through a blur filter. Why!?)

Bleach:

Holy shit what a twist.

Naruto:
I hope this is indeed the final arc. Anything after would be a massive letdown.

One Piece:

Poor Bellamy. He tried his best, but, at least he finally changed. It's amazing to think the arrogant coward 500 chapters ago could grow up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Print Version (perfect details, linework and tones) >>> Stream version (murky tones and loss of detail) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Panda version (really murky tones, ruined linework, low resolution and it looks like the scanner used to produce the raws has been smeared with butter. Or the release is passed through a blur filter. Why!?)

Don't forget that the Panda version is translated from Japanese to French to Arabic then back to Japanese then English.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto

The Juubi is fucking ridiculous.

Well yeah. Look at the power of the 8 tails and 9 tails. The 9 tails (at half strength!) is stronger than the 1 through 7 combined.

Now remember that the 1 through 9 tails are simply the 10 tails broken up into pieces. At the very least it's more than 4x as powerful as the half-chakra 9 tails currently in naruto, and we've seen what that can do throughout the whole series. Heck, it's supercharging an entire army (or what's left of it.) That's assuming there's no multiplier effect from combining the beasts.

Akito

Print Version (perfect details, linework and tones) >>> Mangarule version >>> Stream version (murky tones and loss of detail) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Panda version (really murky tones, ruined linework, low resolution and it looks like the scanner used to produce the raws has been smeared with butter. Or the release is passed through a blur filter. Why!?)
Fixed.

As for why the Panda version looks like crap, they probably rush the cleaning (and translation) part to be first.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also: <3 Shikamaru. Now we get to see him take the place of/surpass his dad as Best Tactician Ever (that's the official title, by the way! ;) )

Stinky

Forgot about them, theyre definitely one of the best. I'd put Null above them but below the official print.. but only because they go back and release scanlated versions of the tankobons, and theyre not under pressure to release quickly like the rest of the groups.

Don't forget that the Panda version is translated from Japanese to French to Arabic then back to Japanese then English.

Stream is of course far better but they have some oddd translations sometimes.

"Kingin' it like Kong"

Sometimes I feel theyre taking artistic liberties. Like when Naruto is telling Obito to stop talking crap, and one group will translate it as "Stop running your mouth of like that, it make me sick!" and stream will put it as "The diarrhea that comes out of your mouth makes me want to throw up!"

Akito

Forgot about them, theyre definitely one of the best. I'd put Null above them but below the official print.. but only because they go back and release scanlated versions of the tankobons, and theyre not under pressure to release quickly like the rest of the groups.
Well, Mangarule too is doing just that for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom