• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

Ninja affinity means jack shit anymore.

Not really. This was far from a retcon. They asked for the lowest level wall that anyone could learn to do quickly. Affinity was for using the bigger moves, not the small weaker ones. Kakashi uses how many different mid level elements again? We've seen him use everything short of wind, its not a stretch that they could all use the lowest level wall move.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto

This chapter felt unnecessarily dragged on.

Also, why is everyone now able to use doton? I thout that everyone had their own chakra nature.

Obito is going to get talk-no-jutsu'd.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

This chapter felt unnecessarily dragged on.

Also, why is everyone now able to use doton? I thout that everyone had their own chakra nature.

Photo is going to get talk-no-jutsu'd.

They do but that just makes it easier to use that type. It never stopped anyone from using others. See: Kakashi

I don't read Naruto for the gripping dialogue, but that whole exchange about filling holes was really stupid. The end of the chapter was pretty awesome though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kakashi has only been shown to use suiton, doton and raiton.

It was said that higher level shinobi could use 2 or 3 elements.

That's sort of my point. They didn't exactly bring any scrubs along. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they could all manage the weakest earth wall of all time.

They do but that just makes it easier to use that type. It never stopped anyone from using others. See: Kakashi

3 elements is the max any normal person change their chakra into.(Kakashi used katon in a Naruto filler, it never happened)

you need the Rinnegan to use all 5 elements

Spongebob

Banned
That's sort of my point. They didn't exactly bring any scrubs along. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they could all manage the weakest earth wall of all time.
Even with Naruto's mass shadow clones it still took him a while to even begin using basic futon (leaf cutting). Here we have a bunch of shinobi using a new element immediately.

I can't see how this isn't a retcon.

Naruto
Hell fucking yes!!!!

Fucking Minato showing up like a goddamn boss!!

And I love how Naruto wasn't surprised AT all when he showed up. :lol

Like a g!

A+

Kusagari

More than anything this chapter just makes most of the shinobi in Naruto look like morons.

Why don't more ninja learn techniques like this if they're so easy to use?

He just stopped the Juubi's attack, seemingly, effortlessly, just like he did Kyuubi 17 years ago.

LOL if you think Minato is at the same level as the Five-Kage Madara handswiped.

Minato is by far the most over hyped character in Naruto. And you would be delusional if you think that Minato can be a quarter as good as Hashirama and Madara.

Minato is by far the most over hyped character in Naruto. And you would be delusional if you think that Minato can be a quarter as good as Hashirama and Madara.

Minato is Kishi's golden boy, next to Itachi.

When a character has, literally, never taken physical damage from ANY fight he's been in (which not even Madara OR Hashi can claim) you know he's an author's pet.

Sorry, brah, this is the Fourth's time to shine. Hashi and Tobirama will take care of Madara, and Minato and Naruto will take care of the Juubi. And the latter is a far better feat considering its attacks can, alledgedly, sink continents.

You don't have to like the character, but to deny what Kishi's obviously setting up? Come the fuck on, son.

Steroyd

Not really. This was far from a retcon. They asked for the lowest level wall that anyone could learn to do quickly. Affinity was for using the bigger moves, not the small weaker ones. Kakashi uses how many different mid level elements again? We've seen him use everything short of wind, its not a stretch that they could all use the lowest level wall move.

That's a bit touch and go, Naruto had to use his shadow clones to multiply his experience just so he could speed up learning an element he had an affinity to, which would have taken a lot longer to learn otherwise.

Them learning a different element may not be bullshit, but it being as simple as "learn the hand signals" reeks of sloppy contrivance, just like when Rin was implanted with tailed beast nuke last week.

Anyway, hell yes Minato.

Itachi will be brought back again and he and Minato will join forces as Kishi's twin Golden Boys.

The Juubi won't stand a chance against sueness of that magnitude

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
NARUTO

Holy fuck Minato's teleporting move is so OP as fuck.

Teleporting like a boss a +1000000 attack that takes the Juubi 3 ATB bars to launch? Holy fuck.

Minato is Kishi's golden boy, next to Itachi.

When a character has, literally, never taken physical damage from ANY fight he's been in (which not even Madara OR Hashi can claim) you know he's an author's pet.

Sorry, brah, this is the Fourth's time to shine. Hashi and Tobirama will take care of Madara, and Minato and Naruto will take care of the Juubi. And the latter is a far better feat considering its attacks can, alledgedly, sink continents.

You don't have to like the character, but to deny what Kishi's obviously setting up? Come the fuck on, son.

You left Sasuke out of the equations. We know damn well that Naruto Sasuke combo will the one defeating Madara, while Sasuke dies in the process.

I remember the days when the Third Hokage was supposed to be the strongest one ever.

Kishi has been doing what's known as the FlipFlopOfGod as TVTropes puts it.

He contradicts himself so much on who's the strongest Hokage, that's there's really not much point in debating or declaring one, because it's a guarantee he's going to flip it around in 50-100 chapters later.

Kishi has been doing what's known as the FlipFlopOfGod as TVTropes puts it.

He contradicts himself so much on who's the strongest Hokage, that's there's really not much point in debating or declaring one, because it's a guarantee he's going to flip it around in 50-100 chapters later.

Besides making Naruto Hokage, there isn't shit he can do to knock down Hashirama from his perch.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You left Sasuke out of the equations. We know damn well that Naruto Sasuke combo will the one defeating Madara, while Sasuke dies in the process.

Pffftttttt, you really believe this?

Especially after the last chapters or so were set up so blatantly as the beginning of Sasuke's redemption.

I would love to be proven wrong though. If Sasuke dies I will extend the biggest gratitude I can craft towards Kishi.

Besides making Naruto Hokage, there isn't shit he can do to knock down Hashirama from his perch.

Nah man, Naruto is still like, 15-17 years old? Plenty of time for him to catch up.

Naruto

I don't get some reactions here. Not a bad chapter, but not amazingly good either. Minato's entrance was cool and it was nice to see Shikamaru again, but other than that, ehhhh. I thought that Minato already did something, instead he just showed up. About time, I'd say. Obito is talking so much crap, I wish Kakashi ended him in the last chapter.

Naruto

Yuck a preachy Kakashi. Naruto is bad enough but Kakashi as well? Makes me wish Obito would shut him up by fighting.

Also LOL at the Juubi's appearance. Kishi taking ideas from Togashi and Kubo.

Minato is here yay! Weird how Naruto knew he was coming since he didn't have the Kyuubi's chakra on or anything but I'll let it slide under the carpet. I'm guessing the other 3 Hokage + Orochimaru are attacking Madara and Sasuke's gang went to go save Kakashi.

Bleach

Well damn what a shocker. Sounds like Juha is a vampire like being and a king to boot. Makes me wonder what happened 1000 years ago when Yamamoto was young with Juha. Ichigo's resolve is back so now we can get back to the Royal Palace and see the Soul King.

Also lets us catch up on SS now that time has passed. Kenpachi and co along with the situation in HM.

Also dat last page. I love how Kubo avoided the pit falls of Uryu being not as strong as he should have been by pulling the halfblood card.

Bleach

I am waiting for a better translations. 999 numbers needs more clarifications.

Anyhow Katagiri being Uryuu´s mother is not a surprise, but that Juha Bach killed her is. The way he did it is also surprising that means that he can take any quincy power anywhere at any time. It reminds me at the ant queen in HXH, that she could telepathically communicate with her subjects everywhere.

I don´t think that Uryuu will be joining them especially after Juha Bach was responsible of killing his mother. If he joins it would be a nice curve ball though in light of recent revelations.

Bleach

Not only did I like the silliness in this chapter, but the art was also really, really good, imo. Something I'm not used from Kubo. Not that I'm saying his art is shit, it was just much better this time. Uyruu looked really good in his Nazi uniform. To be honest, I never really thought about Uryuu's mother and even less about her death, even after the flashback.

I wish Kubo would stop using other languages. 99% of the time it's absolutely wrong and doesn't make sense. It must've been terrible for the people who understand Spanish and German.

You poor, misguided fool.

Please stop being wrong about this, too. Some of your opinions are already tragic enough.

Kusagari

Bleach

Good chapter and Kubo did seem to give more of a shit than usual in regards to the art.

Uryu is probably joining to get revenge for Katagiri's death.

I'm starting to think that Bach is a shinigami and how he made the Quincy relates to his Shikai/Bankai.

Naruto

Doesn't Obito know that hearts don't work like that? And why does the Juubi look like a deformed Venusaur? But Minato arrived so everything's all right.

Bleach

I guess it finally makes sense that the Quincies were sold as Spirit Nazis. I wonder what made Uryuu switch sides though. Fuck that guy.

vareon

There you go, Bleach is better than the spoilers made it sound. I like the 999 bit too, it sounds like tales in my country whether it's silly or not. Also Ichigo's mother death, while sounding like a retcon (or at least wasn't planned this far) in the first place, was actually reasonable.

Bleach

I guess it finally makes sense that the Quincies were sold as Spirit Nazis. I wonder what made Uryuu switch sides though. Fuck that guy.

Some sort of revenge for his mother seems reasonable. I can't think of any other reason for him to join the Nazis.

Kubo should become a fashion designer. I suspect Bleach is just a giant ad for his real ambition.

Absolutely. When I say Uryuu's uniform, I was like "Damn, Kubo could've given Boss some competition during the Nazi time".

Bleach

Good chapter and Kubo did seem to give more of a shit than usual in regards to the art.

The paneling and the close up to Ichigo's face was really great. I wish Kubo would always put that much effort into his work.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

Oh Kubo just stop the German, it is always wrong 'Prinz von Licht' is not the correct term for Prince of Light.

But very good chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom