• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

God, I fucking hate the rookie's face. Fucking HATE it. And it was nice seeing Oda wasting so much screen time on the leg guy, while Bellamy, who's supposed to be super important or something (according to others here), got defeated off-panel. All that mess, only to have him literally defeated with one punch.

What if that guy that Bartolomeo want to give the DF to is Kaidou. That will bring the SH into fast and direct confrontation with a yonkou. The SH have already declared war on him by preventing Cesar from giving him the artificial DF.

I'm sure Bellamy will help the crew...

Yeah, I know. And then there's his time in Skypiae as well. I just found it weird that he was beaten without putting up much of a fight.

Like all of these new faces who were introduced to do nothing.

Eh, the free for all battle with all these powerful fighters that were wiped out by the king's punch were a perfect setup to show how hax Bartolomeo's fruit is.

Kurita

This week cover, featuring Mutou Black :
EcsdoSV.jpg

The color spread :

I dig the art.

Kurita

Fabulous hair. What is it about?

Seems like it's an historical action manga.

Also, here is the TOC :

Jump Issue #25 TOC
Mutou Black (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Soul Catcher(S) (Center Colour)
Naruto
Shokugeki no Soma
Kuroko no Basket (Center Colour)
Haikyuu!!
Toriko
Bleach
Nisekoi
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour)
Sket Dance
Gintama
Beelzebub
World Trigger
Victory Uchida (One Shot,16 pg.)
Majin no Gard (One Shot, 4 pg.)
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san (END)

Jump Issue #26 Information
Lead CP/New Series/Cover: Smoky B.B.
Center Colour: Shokugeki no Soma, Mutou Black, Owari no Seraph (Bangaihen 32 pg.)

dumbyugi

Jump Issue #25 TOC
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
Shokugeki no Soma
Haikyuu!!
Toriko
Bleach
Nisekoi
Sket Dance
Gintama
Beelzebub
World Trigger
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison

Center Colour: Shokugeki no Soma, Mutou Black, Owari no Seraph (Bangaihen 32 pg.)

EDIT: Beaten lol

One Piece

God, I fucking hate the rookie's face. Fucking HATE it. And it was nice seeing Oda wasting so much screen time on the leg guy, while Bellamy, who's supposed to be super important or something (according to others here), got defeated off-panel. All that mess, only to have him literally defeated with one punch.

I don't anyone said he was super important just that he might help the SH later on same for some of the other characters that there .
Also he did not get beat off panel you can see the effect of the punch hitting him in the double page .
Everyone getting beat by that punch and Bartolomeo still stand shows how strong his DF is more than anything else .

You're thinking of Itachi.

Nah Minato was Jesus still Hashirama is God so they got no problem .

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto

lol @ Naruto being all "Yo. Sup Dad." After his dead old man shows up on the battlefield.

I don't anyone said he was super important just that he might help the SH later on same for some of the other characters that there .
Also he did not get beat off panel you can see the effect of the punch hitting him in the double page .

The leg guy was fighting, cut, "and in the meantime..." and then suddenly you see Bellamy on the floor.

The leg guy was fighting, cut, "and in the meantime..." and then suddenly you see Bellamy on the floor.

Don't know where your reading but you can see after Bellamy looks back ( page 13)
On the next page he got hit by the attack in one of the small panels in the double spread page (page 14)

This week cover, featuring Mutou Black :

The color spread :

I dig the art.

Trying to like him, I guess pretty face, hopefully side characters are well designed.

Seems like it's an historical action manga.

Also, here is the TOC :

Jump Issue #25 TOC
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
Shokugeki no Soma
Haikyuu!!
Toriko
Bleach
Nisekoi
Sket Dance
Gintama
Beelzebub
World Trigger
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison

Naruto ftw, top 3. Poor toriko and bleach being forsaken for new gen good series like haikyuu.

Naruto

Obito is so delusional.

The dead Kages arrived so I cant wait to see Madara wiping them out.

Bleach

Dat Uryuu swag. I bet Bach has some relation to the Spirit King.

One Piece

The King Punch was awesome. Too bad Bartolomeo has a hax fruit ability.

Don't know where your reading but you can see after Bellamy looks back ( page 13)
On the next page he got hit by the attack in one of the small panels in the double spread page (page 14)

I mean before that, from page 9 to page 10. Maybe he wasn't defeated in that sense that he was already KO, but he was already beaten to pulp, bleeding everywhere. Bellamy is a joke and the rookie is hax.

I thought Nura no Mago mangaka is back for a sec. :(
Never heard of it.
Yeah, waste of an incredible series.

Still one of my favourite Jump series.
But it looks like I should check it out.

Torraz

One Piece
That King Punch was awesome, but it was pretty clear that the king is/was not going to end up in the finals. He used up all his subordinates for the time he needed to wind up his punch. He would have lost, at the latest in the next round.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But it looks like I should check it out.

It's pretty damn fun, especially if you like eastern mythology. It's basically about demon yakuzas.

It's a shame about the ending, but for what he had to work with (basically had to end the series prematurely) it was alright.

Gintamen

One Piece
Damn, since Elizabetho had to have the last punch, it was pretty clear that he would attack Bartho in the end... but poor Bellamy, gone like a loser.

I mean before that, from page 9 to page 10. Maybe he wasn't defeated in that sense that he was already KO, but he was already beaten to pulp, bleeding everywhere. Bellamy is a joke and the rookie is hax.

Bellamy would have gotten in few attacks if not for the King punch i think since it look like he figure out something .
Still as you said the rookie DF hax , bellamy attack him and got fuck up from his own attack most likely .

It's pretty damn fun, especially if you like eastern mythology. It's basically about demon yakuzas.

It's a shame about the ending, but for what he had to work with (basically had to end the series prematurely) it was alright.

That sounds really, really good. I got a thing for eastern mythology and that time period. I'm going to put it on my list, once I get home.

Bellamy would have gotten in few attacks if not for the King punch i think since it look like he figure out something .
Still as you said the rookie DF hax , bellamy attack him and got fuck up from his own attack most likely .

I think we know how he got fucked up, but I thought it was unnecessary to give a fodder character like the leg guy half of the chapter. It's a total waste of time.

Kurita

I thought the first 3 volumes were slow and not really exciting, maybe I should read more chapters... Art was pretty good though.

Antiwhippy

I thought the first 3 volumes were slow and not really exciting, maybe I should read more chapters... Art was pretty good though.

Oh yeah, I probably would skip the early parts as well, but when rikuo's youkai form becomes the dominant form it became so much better.

You've never heard of Nurarihyon no Mago?

No. I've only read the big three for years, then I joined The official NeoGAF Manga community™ and learned about new manga from here on. If it doesn't get mentioned a lot or someone adds some pictures with art I like to the impressions, then it's likely that I won't even pick it up.

smurfx

get some go again
I'm sure Bellamy will help the crew...
why would he help the crew when his ambition is to become a part of doflamingo's official crew? the strawhats are trying to take him down. in the end when doflamingo is forced to become an ordinary pirate we might see bellamy being a crew member.

Yonafunu

No. I've only read the big three for years, then I joined The official NeoGAF Manga community™ and learned about new manga from here on. If it doesn't get mentioned a lot or someone adds some pictures with art I like to the impressions, then it's likely that I won't even pick it up.

Just do what I do; go to whatever place you read manga, just click on (random) stuff and check it out. That's it. Nine times out of ten it's generic, boring, or something you're not really interested in (most shoujo for me), but every once in a while you'll find something interesting.
It's worked for me.

Now to patiently wait for Toriko.

I love your avatar. Praise Lord Griffith!

Just do what I do; go to whatever place you read manga, just click on (random) stuff and check it out. That's it. Nine times out of ten it's generic, boring, or something you're not really interested in (most shoujo for me), but every once in a while you'll find something interesting.
It's worked for me.

It's not like I don't have enough manga to read. My list is growing and growing and most of the time I don't even know what I should pick. Right now I'm picking the shorter stories from my list, because I don't want to invest that much time into another big series yet.

I love your avatar. Praise Lord Griffith!

Your fake god is going to be slaughtered like a goat when Guts sees him.

It's not like I don't have enough manga to read. My list is growing and growing and most of the time I don't even know what I should pick. Right now I'm picking the shorter stories from my list, because I don't want to invest that much time into another big series yet.
Get on Vinland Saga, it´s better than Berserk.

Antiwhippy

Nurarihyon is definitely worth a read brot, just remember that it is kinda boring until they reached the gyuki arc, and blossoms in the Shikoku arc. So around 20 chapters or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom