• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

God, I fucking hate the rookie's face. Fucking HATE it. And it was nice seeing Oda wasting so much screen time on the leg guy, while Bellamy, who's supposed to be super important or something (according to others here), got defeated off-panel. All that mess, only to have him literally defeated with one punch.

What's with the hyperbole?

Most people seemed intrigued that Bellamy was back in the spotlight and actually a changed person compared to before, unfortunately for him the new rookie took the spotlight instead.

I wonder who's the person Barth is referring to.

Most people seemed intrigued that Bellamy was back in the spotlight and actually a changed person compared to before, unfortunately for him the new rookie took the spotlight instead.

Damn guess weren't going to find out Bellamy's gym work out post 2 year time skip. Oh well

So Bleach

Are there we to believe that it's a direct genetic thing at play?

Kurita

Diamond no Ace 48.5

Bonus chapter focusing on Miyuki who is easily one of the best characters in the manga.
Pretty sweet to learn more about him.

Because I always saw Bellamy as some sort of joke character, but some people tried to sell him as some sort of new ally for the SH crew. The only surprise for me is that Luffy did give a shit about him, which I denied as well. I suppose I'm going to be proven wrong as the arc continues, but until then ...

We're all Kubos.

r87a4.gif

Because I always saw Bellamy as some sort of joke character, but some people tried to sell him as some sort of new ally for the SH crew. The only surprise for me is that Luffy did give a shit about him, which I denied as well. I suppose I'm going to be proven wrong as the arc continues, but until then ...

But that's how it usually goes in OP, you have a character that you might not care about (or liked but thought it was unfortunate he/she was on the "wrong" side) but they have been re-introduced to be changed enough for the reader to possibly also change their mind. (Crocodile, Mr 2, Jango, etc )

Its surprising Bellamy was the one chosen for that giving how low on the totem pole he was imo. And maybe he will help the SH's now given this change. :p

Ranma 1/2 - Vol 2

I started reading this. I still remember most of the stuff from the anime but since I never watched it I wanna know how it ends.

Kurita

Diamond no Ace 50

It's cool to see Sawamura slowly becoming a good player and a more confident person...
Even though he's the main character he's always been an average player so it's definitely more enjoyable to follow his progression.
Especially when you get panels like that haha
gkTR3j2.png

upandaway

But that's how it usually goes in OP, you have a character that you might not care about (or liked but thought it was unfortunate he/she was on the "wrong" side) but they have been re-introduced to be changed enough for the reader to possibly also change their mind. (Crocodile, Mr 2, Jango, etc )

Its surprising Bellamy was the one chosen for that giving how low on the totem pole he was imo. And maybe he will help the SH's now given this change. :p
As surprising as it is that he's there, I also thing it's very natural and logical that he is, given he survived Jaya. I wouldn't be surprised if Oda put him there purely for the reason that... it makes sense for him to be there. And being weaker than Bartolomeo, it makes sense for him to lose like that. As in, I don't think he was calculated to be an example for Bartolomeo or anything similar, it was just the "natural progression".

At least that's how I thought Oda brainstorms from interviews (and it did seem like they were referencing Oda with Niizuma Eiji..) but who knows, I could be totally off the mark.

As surprising as it is that he's there, I also thing it's very natural and logical that he is, given he survived Jaya. I wouldn't be surprised if Oda put him there purely for the reason that... it makes sense for him to be there. And being weaker than Bartolomeo, it makes sense for him to lose like that. As in, I don't think he was calculated to be an example for Bartolomeo or anything similar, it was just the "natural progression".

At least that's how I thought Oda brainstorms from interviews (and it did seem like they were referencing Oda with Niizuma Eiji..) but who knows, I could be totally off the mark.

Could be also that he was the nearest link we had to Dom at that point (Dom even appeared in person and apparently dealt with him for his failure).

I think Bellamy is going to team up with Luffy later on in the arc.

He'll have his time to shine.

Yea wouldn't be surprising now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But that song is apparently about having sex with insects.

It was my eighteenth birthday, the world was still new.
My parents threw me a party as parents will do.
My uncle's wife gave me a punny gift
It was an ant farm; man, she was a trip.
Later that night I was up in my room.
I watched as the small ant community bloomed.
So simple, yet so complex, I contemplated my own life
And wondered what would come next.
I took out my favorite ant and crushed it with my dick.
And also, I fucked my aunt.

Damn, I fucked my ant.
And I fucked my aunt.

Malo

Banned
I stopped reading bleach after all the Aizen shenanigans, but going by some of ManGaf's reaction it seems to have gotten better. Should I pick it up again?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I stopped reading bleach after all the Aizen shenanigans, but going by some of ManGaf's reaction it seems to have gotten better. Should I pick it up again?

Why would you STOP reading Bleach because of Aizen

ffdgh

Alrighty naruto......the ten tails would turn into one of those putrid flowers and this sums up my opinion somewhat lol
I'd love for Naruto to have this reaction to his dad showing up next week:

hZnr3pe.png

And One piece, Woo progress oh and, *Xemnas* GUARD!

Kurita

Diamond no Ace 52

BLkQEBS.png

I swear, this guy's faces never get old.
But seriously, I think this manga could end up being one of my favorite sports mangas. The art is good, there are some badass/serious moments and yet the author manages to throw in jokes and really funny scenes during the matches, that's exactly what I was looking for.

upandaway

i can't my head my heart my lungs my butt my nostrils THIS DANG GOSH COUNTRY ISLAND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE KEEPS MESSING WITH MY HEAD WITH THESE VISUAL NOVELS

HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME

WHAT THE CHRIST FUCK

i can't read anything related to japan anymore. this is my limit. taking a big fat dirty break

i can't my head my heart my lungs my butt my nostrils THIS DANG GOSH COUNTRY ISLAND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE KEEPS MESSING WITH MY HEAD WITH THESE VISUAL NOVELS

WHAT THE CHRIST FUCK

i can't read anything related to japan anymore. this is my limit. taking a big fat dirty break
You can tell us everything.

Angry Grimace

WHAT THE CHRIST FUCK

Did you get the bad end or something

upandaway

i swear i didn't do anything, there weren't any choices, i'm 10 minutes into the freaking thing. i'm about to cry for real (i know how this sounds coming from me but i'm serious this time). i'm done
everyone said alternative was the dangerous part i wasn't mentally ready for this bullshit what the fuck what the fuck :(

i swear i didn't do anything, there weren't any choices, i'm 10 minutes into the freaking thing. i'm about to cry for real (i know how this sounds coming from me but i'm serious this time). i'm done
everyone said alternative was the dangerous part i wasn't mentally ready for this bullshit what the fuck what the fuck :(

I'm just assuming you're reading a manga you can't tell us about right now, because it shocked you too much.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm just assuming you're reading a manga you can't tell us about right now, because it shocked you too much.

No he's reading Effective Java.
Can't help but laugh whenever I read a page of Effective Java. In summary:

- Autoboxing is a gift from the devil himself
- Build at least 2 shrines to honor Enums in your house
- The official API is a bag of messy farts (*cough* except for the Collections framework)
- No really, it's seriously bad
- Static factories *blush*
- You guys, did you know the API is hilariously bad
- Ew is that a public instance variable? Don't touch meeee that's sexual harassment

One Piece

Pretty terrible chapter, personally. I was all hyped for Bellamy and even cheering him on but then this. He could have at least won somewhat in this arc and been somewhat successful in his endeavours. I hope this isnt the last we see of him, had been wanting him to at least be Doflamingo.

Anyway I hope this gets touched up and what not in the volume release (or at least looks good in the anime), odd quality.

Angry Grimace

Does everyone even know that Minato is Naruto's dad? I got the impression that a lot of the higher ups did, but that it wasn't a generally known fact.

Does everyone even know that Minato is Naruto's dad? I got the impression that a lot of the higher ups did, but that it wasn't a generally known fact.

I thought it was something unspoken in universe that people know of or something. I mean didnt everyone know Minato defeated Nine tails, and then that Naruto harbors it, and then the face and what not resemblance? I guess if they put the pieces together...

Do you really think the people of the Leaf would've treated him like an outcast if they had known that he's the son of the 4th hokage?

No. It was kept secret....although how in and of itself is a plot hole.

Somehow no one thought that the guy who had the same last name as the Shodai Hokage's wife didn't raise ANY eyebrows at all.

Angry Grimace

Do you really think the people of the Leaf would've treated him like an outcast if they had known that he's the son of the 4th hokage?

I dunno, I was just wondering if like Sakura and Hinata and shit even know what the fuck Naruto is talking about when he's like "oh hay dad"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom