• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brickhunt

Uryu let go his hatred for Shinigami and moved on. He even spared Mayuri when he had all the reason in the world to blast away that bastard's head and to the point he stopped antagonizing him. This guy is more logical than most fans give him credit. He is not a Sasuke.

He is either infiltrating Vandenreich, or he got the treatment Yhwach was planning for Ichigo: Beat him half-dead, drag him to Vandenreich, heal him and then "reeducate" him.

Wouldn't that mean that Ryuken's mother is also still alive?
She had a blackened wound on her leg. She was probably tainted with Hollow reiatsu and got her powers taken for this.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

I'm loving this Bartolmeo guy, he's the perfect type of asshole. His Devil Fruit is pretty awesome too, and makes the perfect counter for Luffy's fighting style, which pretty much relies on direct attacks. I'm wondering how Luffy will beat this guy, since even Elizabello's crazy ass punch didn't break his barrier.

Also, was it just me or did it look like Bart reflected Elizabello's punch back at him? That would make the Bari Bari no Mi an insanely powerful DF if it can reflect back damage that has been absorbed by the initial barrier.

Bleach:

So now Ishida is joining the bad guys all of the sudden, after not being present for pretty much any of this arc? And with the guy that killed his mother no less? Oh boy....

upandaway

One Piece

That punch, whoa! Long legs guy got hit head on, that looked really crazy.

Looks like flashback time next week? Dunno how I feel about that, it feels a bit early considering we barely know much about the setting/characters. It's also a first if Franky will be the only one to hear about it.
The old man with the dull sword could definitely appear later.

One Piece

But Bartolomeo is great. That must have been one of the strongest attacks in One Piece as far as raw power goes and he blocked it with ease so there must be several restrictions to it like size, time, direction etc.
Well, Bellamy did manage to get a hold of Bartolomeo. That should serve as a hint that Bellamy was "strong enough" to at least inflict some damage on him, and a clue to Bartolomeo's relative strength including his ability. Can't help but think in terms of powerlevels haha.

One Piece:

I'm loving this Bartolmeo guy, he's the perfect type of asshole. His Devil Fruit is pretty awesome too, and makes the perfect counter for Luffy's fighting style, which pretty much relies on direct attacks. I'm wondering how Luffy will beat this guy, since even Elizabello's crazy ass punch didn't break his barrier.

Also, was it just me or did it look like Bart reflected Elizabello's punch back at him? That would make the Bari Bari no Mi an insanely powerful DF if it can reflect back damage that has been absorbed by the initial barrier.
Oh, so it could be a reflector and not just a barrier? Hmmm. That would be pretty bad, but kind of gimmicky.

Can't see Luffy having too much difficulty with him... (in the sense of getting very injured, since Luffy has been having weird difficulty with a lot of weak opponents since the skip despite being way stronger)

upandaway

The dude in the first few pages who lost to long legs, and then said "screw you mango-man" (direct quote). Seems like an important guy.

Naruto

Ah Oh! Sakura spoke and is doing something useful at the moment! But because Kishi hates women that probably means shes going to die soon.

Stinky

I'd love for Naruto to have this reaction to his dad showing up next week:

hZnr3pe.png

Kreed

One Piece 709:

If Luffy does end up fighting Bartolomeo, it should be interesting to see if Luffy's reflected attacks would even hurt him considering he's a rubber man. Wish Oda had drawn the King Hippo punch a bit better, was hard to tell what was what since it was so sketchy.

It was also disappointing to see the masked swordsman go down so easily only to mention his age getting the better of him. Next chapter should be good though, I'm hoping the toy guy explains how the "toy people" work/operate and what devil fruit ability is being used to cause it.

Stinky

The fact that the toy is going to fess up about Dressrosa and is conspiring AGAINST Doflamingo is telling.

Seems like Dofla's ability is a puppetmaster devil fruit (uses strings, able to manipulate other people easily).

..But are the toys a part of his ability? Are they people who got turned into toys? I thought they could be actual toys animated using the devil fruit and given an autopilot but I dont know anymore.

After reading the stream versions I have to say

Naruto > Bleach > OP this week

Bleach had the bigger :O ending, but as a whole I enjoyed this weeks Naruto the most.

Stinky

Yeah it was good. Minato showing up, Shikamaru handling things like a boss. Just felt like more happened this week. Also liked how Kakashi swiped away the illusions of young rin and young Obito.

Ten-tails is transforming AGAIN which did make me roll my eyes but his current form looks ridiculous so I'm game.

After reading the stream versions I have to say

Naruto > Bleach > OP this week

Bleach had the bigger :O ending, but as a whole I enjoyed this weeks Naruto the most.

I thought Naruto had a bit too much nonsense with Sakura's and Obito's speech and Kubo stepped up his art game in this chapter at least, so it's clearly better than Naruto.

I thought Naruto had a bit too much nonsense with Sakura's and Obito's speech and Kubo stepped up his art game in this chapter at least, so it's clearly better than Naruto.

I'm watching through the Naruto anime currently, literally just watched the episode where Kakashi makes his "those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their friends are worse then trash" which of course is what Obito said during Kakashi gaiden. I dunno I just felt it was nice to see things come full circle.

I will admit I originally did have Bleach > Naruto when I read the panda versions, but the stream version making Naruto legible pushed it just a tad above Bleach as an overall chapter. Bleach's ending blows Naruto's ending out of the water though. In the end you can't go wrong putting either on top both were good chapters.

tri_willy

One Piece:I'm loving this Bartolmeo guy, he's the perfect type of asshole. His Devil Fruit is pretty awesome too, and makes the perfect counter for Luffy's fighting style, which pretty much relies on direct attacks. I'm wondering how Luffy will beat this guy, since even Elizabello's crazy ass punch didn't break his barrier.

wasnt haki supposed to overcome any DF hax? i presume a haki imbued DF attack would overcome any DF defence/hax

TrueBlue

Yamada and the Seven Witches

Yamada...you...you fool!

tumblr_lpz2tkE8FZ1qjw7iw.gif

I still like that this manga is as as fun as it was a year ago, at least to me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought haki was just supposed to hit "immaterial" people or something like Kizaru.
I could be wrong though.

It negates all Devil Fruit powers.
Luffy can't feel blunt attacks, but if hit with Haki, he can feel them.

Naruto 630
tumblr_mmul77VBNT1rirrbao1_500.jpg

Great chapter to read on such a terrible morning
grade dispute over attendance, pass or fail, stiff not understanding teacher, ugh
. Anyway I wonder why ten tails mode is designed after Rafflesia, I think it would have been nicer if he used a fantasized version to give it at least ten petals instead of the six as it is ten tails after all. Though thats just a minor comment. Anyway, this will be amazing to see if CC2 gets their hand at the earth style jutsu v the biju blast (as the one Naruto v Lord Orochimaru's Triple Rashomon) is still one of the best animated moments of the entire series. Hopefully the tv anime does it justice.

I really have nothing else to say about the chapter beyond just blind praise that I wont plague this post with including commending Sakura's two chapters in a row of good moments, Shikamaru ftw, and great appearance of kid Obito, and of course Konoha's Yellow Flash Minato!!!!! but where is Sai?

Gintamen

One Piece 709:

If Luffy does end up fighting Bartolomeo, it should be interesting to see if Luffy's reflected attacks would even hurt him considering he's a rubber man.
Barto is still a rookie too, so he might not have encountered many CoA users, and a barrier fruit ist so inviting for someone capable to smash it appart. Alvida would fail in the NW, someone with haki will just be able to cuff her. ;P

I'm pretty convinced at this point that he's actually Kyros.
Me too, I don't remember Oda to lay red herrings in the story.

Kyuur

One Piece

Although Bart's power seems pretty overpowered, I can think of a couple of weaknesses:

-Strong enough Haki should be able to piece (although I would think the king punch would be using Haki...).
-Grappling instead of "throwing" hits, I think Bellamy realized this at the end but got KO-ed too fast. Burgess could probably do this.
-Non-direct attack (Caesar, Ussop)

Last few fights should be interesting!

Bleach 537
tumblr_mmunswAncK1qbxqfpo1_250.png
tumblr_mmunswAncK1qbxqfpo2_250.png

Kind of inconsistent naming, unless there is supposed to be some difference?

Anyway, I must praise Kubo for the surprising final page. Kind of disappointed it throws out any chance for any Ichida action anytime soon, if Ishida truly defected, though at least it may lead to some good speech or something to get Ishida to defect from Juha Bach and join Ichigo once again. It would be a good ending to the series if Ichida did take out Juha Bach, powerful combo finisher attack of potentially the best substitute soul reaper hybrid and best Quincy would truly be a memorable and awesome finish.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
wasnt haki supposed to overcome any DF hax? i presume a haki imbued DF attack would overcome any DF defence/hax

Haki as a weapon against DF abilities isn't an on/off thing. Bartolomeo's barriers can probably resist low level armament haki. Luffy level armament or conqueror's haki might be another matter entirely.

dramatis

I really wish he was always this good and consistent with his art. The Stream release is even better, because the Pandas let their release run through a Vaseline filter again, before releasing it.
In the same chapter though, you get panels like this taking up like a quarter of a page:

4ybHluF.jpg

Kubo could really take some notes from Sorachi:

7tIodtG.jpg

Look at that detailed background! If the two of them worked together on something it would be hilarious

Bleach

Now we know how Masaki died and why Juha called him his son.

Not a fan of Ishida's sudden switch (was predicted since the reveal of the arc) but I expect Kubo to clarify that.

Looks like Aizen might be needed for this task so lets go :p

One Piece

Rookie takes it with his interesting DF (Bellamy had a good run *pours 40*) and we will get some history about Dressrosa

One Piece

Well, Bellamy did manage to get a hold of Bartolomeo. That should serve as a hint that Bellamy was "strong enough" to at least inflict some damage on him, and a clue to Bartolomeo's relative strength including his ability. Can't help but think in terms of powerlevels haha.

Yeah, Bellamy grabbing him could mean that there's a time limit between barrier uses or maybe there's a close area around Bartolomeo where he can't use his power.

In the same chapter though, you get panels like this taking up like a quarter of a page:

4ybHluF.jpg

Kubo could really take some notes from Sorachi:

7tIodtG.jpg

Look at that detailed background! If the two of them worked together on something it would be hilarious

Come on, it's okay in context. It was Ishida's entrance. Could he have done it better? Sure, no doubt about that, but it's not like he did it for no reason at all (that lazy fuck).

Gintamen

But Tite is all about characters and design not, background stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Have you guys never seen a movie where someone steps out of darkness into the spotlight?

This is like that.

There are a lot of places in Bleach where there should/could be a background and where there isn't because of laziness. That's not one of those times. He's very clearly trying to recreate a specific kind of scene. Whether he's successful or not is another problem entirely.

The criticism is fine but it should at least be tempered with judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom