• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Did I miss something or doesn't Gon wear completely normal clothes for his age?

Normal for his age, no. Normal for a shonen character, maybe.

I do like how alot of stuff in japan as of late has decided to dress their teens a kids, as in things they would wear. Instead of shonen outfit, or generic shit/pants/dress. Not saying it didnt happen in the past, yusuke dressed appropriately for example. Its just that this seems to be happening more.

dramatis

Silver Spoon 75

Why was there an Acguy on the credits corner?

Chapter was nice even with all the farm babble. It's a good idea to use Hachiken's mom's perspective to show how Hachiken has changed, and the horse discussion neatly runs parallel to Hachiken's development too.

These feel good chapters make me wonder when the suffering is going to come back though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto has the worst outfit ever. I did get a laugh when the anime showed his wardrobe in his house and his closet has like 20 orange jumpsuits.

They should have stopped before the Future Arc. The tournament was decent.
And 20yo Lambo was awesome.

Man i stop caring about reborn as soon as we get pokemon in it that was the last straw .
Then when it end i read last few chapters and saw the ending and wish i got back all the time i waste on it .

Kurita

Yu Yu Hakusho has the best outfits in Shonen.

You can tell it was the 90s :')
Eyeshield 21 school uniforms > *
Ojo's uniform rules
T3z7KLl.png

El Sloth

Banned
I too do not see anyone reading Nanatsu no Taizai and I definitely didn't learn about the series through impression posts here.
Praise Dresden.
I don't think anyone discusses it much but I know I found it through this thread when it first started.
I hope it was because I would suddenly spam 7 different pages of Nakaba's art.

It's a fun series. The characters are likable, there are some amazing landscape spreads (and backgrounds, and armor designs, and...), and it has just the slightest hint of lewd. A recipe for success if you ask me.

I was surprised how Nakaba managed to make Ban a more interesting character than he seemed to be on first impression. I keep hoping that he'll introduce a Hikyou Banchou-like character. Bring back dat midriff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yes because we need a break from talking about ichigo kurosaki the man of a thousand deus ex machina's.

:p

To be fair, his outfit is atleast several times cooler with the robe.

I don't know why they dropped Naruto's cloak. I assume Kishimoto didn't like drawing it (he's really sensitive when it comes to outfits - Naruto doesn't have the goggles after Chapter 1 because they were too hard to draw, he stopped using Sasuke's Chuunin exam outfit becuase it was annoying to draw, etc.)

Kurita

Praise Dresden.

I hope it was because I would suddenly spam 7 different pages of Nakaba's art.

It's a fun series. The characters are likable, there are some amazing landscape spreads (and backgrounds, and armor designs, and...), and it has just the slightest hint of lewd. A recipe for success if you ask me.

I was surprised how Nakaba managed to make Ban a more interesting character than he seemed to be on first impression. I keep hoping that he'll introduce a Hikyou Banchou-like character. Bring back dat midriff.

Can't help but thinking of Dragon Quest when I read it. Pretty neat manga.

I don't know why they dropped Naruto's cloak. I assume Kishimoto didn't like drawing it (he's really sensitive when it comes to outfits - Naruto doesn't have the goggles after Chapter 1 because they were too hard to draw, he stopped using Sasuke's Chuunin exam outfit becuase it was annoying to draw, etc.)

Kishi must have love drawing him in 9 tails mode .

Shouta

Caught Naruto and this was a pretty good chapter. Nice use of the speech that Kakashi has been spouting since the beginning + an addition of his own. Shikamaru showing his skills and hype end to the chapter.

Bleach had interesting story? The world is coming to an end! It's all still impossibly stupid how it fits but oh well.

Village

What the ef? really that was fixed all the outfit problems with naruto himself, aside from the weird sandals everyone wears .

El Sloth

Banned
Can't help but thinking of Dragon Quest when I read it. Pretty neat manga.
Hadn't thought about that. I can see it. The whole hero running into a troubled princess and recruiting party members on his way.

Wouldn't be surprised if that would be one of Nakaba's influences. He is the right age to have grown up with the series afterall.

Eyeshield 21 school uniforms > *
Ojo's uniform rules

Ojo was always weird. They seemed like some kind of traditional Japanese high-school... but on the other hand looked like they were from the future.

It was annoying to look at

Angry Grimace

Ojo was always weird. They seemed like some kind of traditional Japanese high-school... but on the other hand looked like they were from the future.

It was annoying to look at

His Orochimaru outfit with the weird open bare chest was really shitty.

Stinky

There'll probably be an Eyeshield omnibus version in the next few years.

I'd buy it

I mean I would prefer buying the single volumes but CANT DO THAT CAN I

Too bad clothes were the only good thing in Reborn.

Painful :(

It also had lots and lots of husbandos. So many to choose~

Baseball bro > XTREME Boxing > Who cares about the rest

No love for smokin bomb? Or kufufu? or Dino, or Primo or Neo Vongola Primo, Ken, and regular Verde or Skull formes, Enma? It was like Jumps perfect character cast, antagonists and protagonist so well designed. Terrible that viz put it on hiatus :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom