• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

Grovyle >>>>>>>> Sceptile.

Grovyle is fantastic too.

Dat B/W animation

253.gif

7 Seeds vol 2

This is still really friggin boring and the art is still awful to the point of being unclear.

When am I allowed to drop this again? After the winter team? How much longer until that?

dumbyugi

Slam Dunk volume 1-4

This isn't for me. I can see why people would like this but I'm just not interested. The art is great but I don't care about the characters and I don't care for basketball. I don't plan on continuing.

Ushio to Tora is next on my classics list and sounds like something I'll enjoy, so heres hoping it's good.

Everyone knows that Pikachu is the best starter. No weakness except to ground :p

Sceptile is the best starter hands down! Charizard wins on cool factor but that 4X weakness to Rock is a killer.

Wiseblade

Looks like Sceptile needs to kill a Wiseblade with a Leaf Blade in the dark.

Good luck with that. Sceptile sub-par Attack stat and Empoleon's Steel typing means Leaf Blade won't be doing much against the penguin's natural bulk, while an Ice Beam will cut through the lizard like butter.

Boku no Geboku ni Nare! 1

Only really check these genderbender crossdressing stories out when they have the shounen ai tag, Could have been a bit more interesting there in the changing scene and what not I guess, he bent down so far to change clothes and the tease when he was on him.

Doesn't change the fact that Gen 2+ Pokemon are mostly crappy design with the exception of when they outright derive them from Gen 1 Pokemon (which they do all the time)

Yeah because Gen was a shining example of monster designs, I find the genwunners to be hilarious in their refusal to acknowledge the awesomeness of the other gens.

Good luck with that. Sceptile sub-par Attack stat and Empoleon's Steel typing means Leaf Blade won't be doing much against the penguin's natural bulk, while an Ice Beam will cut through the lizard like butter.

Bro critical damage with Leaf Blade at 90 power plus 252 EV points in attack. Use a focus sash to survive the first Ice beam after attacking.

Sceptile goes first anyways thanks to its speed.

Empoleon has weak defense compared to his special defense.

But if you want to play that way then Sceptile can use Energy Ball and blast Empoleon to nothingness after a Baton passed Special attack boost. :p

Bro critical damage with Leaf Blade at 90 power plus 252 EV points in attack. Use a focus sash to survive the first Ice beam after attacking.

Sceptile goes first anyways thanks to its speed.

Empoleon has weak defense compared to his special defense.

But if you want to play that way then Sceptile can use Energy Ball and blast Empoleon to nothingness after a Baton passed Special attack boost. :p

Magikarp can sweep an entire uber team with belly drum salac berry baton pass when it's at low health :p

Wynnebeck

Banned
You missed out on 500 volumes of "Tae Chan!!!"

EUUGH! The memory all came flooding back into my mind! Take it back! Take it back!

Food Smut 23

I think Doujima wants to see if Yukihira's skills transcend just making food on his own and if he can "coach" Tado to victory.

survivor

Banned
Pokemon discussions on GAF are always terrible.

i will rewatch gurren lagann (incl. movies) and watch kill la kill twice to wash that filth out of my mind
Hating on manly anime like Free and liking moe high schools girls shit. You disappoint me.

Cat Street vol 6-8 End
iheEiti4hlqxe.jpg
isTj8KkDfvtVA.jpg
ibmqzphPCJxWJ5.jpg

Finally got around to finishing this and I have some mixed feelings about the last three volumes. On one hand, the best guy clearly won and it's nice to see that the manga didn't waste a lot of time on love triangles bullshit especially after Rei left to Brazil and stopped being part of the story. Then there is the actual ending itself which was really heartwarming and I liked seeing all the characters get back together and rebuild the school that took care of them to help future troubled teenagers. Plus the name of the manga came up lol

My problem however is with the last volume. That Yui plotline really came out of nowhere and felt rushed. Just in the last few chapters, introducing some sort of a villain with a tragic past just isn't the right approach about it. You could have at least built up the characters before, but I highly doubt Youko Kamio planned her ending that well. I also didn't like the time skips thrown around, they felt disjointed and didn't flow well with the story. I was even surprised to see that two years has passed and these characters supposedly haven't met each other for a long time. There could have been better ways to go about it.

Overall, it's better than your average shoujo manga and the focus on career goals, getting your life together, and showbiz made it better than your trashy high school run of the mill romance manga. The last half could have been handled better, but the cast was strong and the pacing was good so it's still worth reading the manga assuming you are willing to put up with some shoujo tropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom