• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is true for the most Manga isn't it? At least it is true for everyone of the Big 3.

Yep most manga read better in Vols or batches (same can said for tv shows or anime IMO)

EDIT like Kurita said gag manga or series like ghost sweeper mikami okay still i can't read many chapters for a gag manga expect gintama .
Same when it come to anime for them .

Hystzen

Bleach

People give Kubo a lot of crap for his writing but when he finally decides to take care of hanging plot he does go all in when writing it.

Also I don't think Aizen has nothing to do with this hollow, I suspect he watches the fight then it is what makes him go to HM to find Vasto Lordes for his army thus creating the Espada

Akito

Bleach

People give Kubo a lot of crap for his writing but when he finally decides to take care of hanging plot he does go all in when writing it.

Also I don't think Aizen has nothing to do with this hollow, I suspect he watches the fight then it is what makes him go to HM to find Vasto Lordes for his army thus creating the Espada
That's what's so infuriating about him, he's clearly capable of writing a compelling story as he's shown in the SS and TBTP arc but most of the time his attempts are half-assed at best.

Hystzen

That's what's so infuriating about him, he's clearly capable of writing a compelling story as he's shown in the SS and TBTP arc but most of the time his attempts are half-assed at best.

He seems work better when dealing with smaller arcs he still made shit up during SS by keeping Aizen alive which changed all the arcs after. TBTP is still best imo but I did like the pacing and writing for Fullbring, I know people hate it but the slower pace dealing with characters was vastly more interesting then the whole war he did

Honestly I usually don't find a problem with the story more so his excessive use of fights that drag on with characters who shouldn't be getting them. Not every character needs or should have a 4 chapter battle of standard shonen fight even, villain power up, hero power up, hero win.

Bleach
tumblr_mjlnldPUv11rga65to6_250.jpg

Ryuu-chan need more panel time, easily the best part. Been waiting all flashback time to finally see him back in the day. When will he meet Isshin. Character design for the entity that showed up is a bit compelling...

Ouch for no chapter next issue.

Qvoth

Blade of the Immortal - 198

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I mean, everything since volume 27 has been straight-up unadulterated warfare, but now motherfuckers are going at it with everything they've got.

Also, this is the first chapter of the final volume.
omg? blade of the immortal is finally ending?
god it's been so long.....
hopefully we get plenty of manji's awesome 1 page killing scene with the borders and backgrounds and shit like in the beginning volumes

This reminds me that I have to check out the drama.

WSJ #16 cover
WKKErB6.jpg
they're doing the fake shiro yasha hen bullshit again? lol

Akito

Honestly I usually don't find a problem with the story more so his excessive use of fights that drag on with characters who shouldn't be getting them. Not every character needs or should have a 4 chapter battle of standard shonen fight even, villain power up, hero power up, hero win.
Yeah, his biggest problem is the moderately to insanely slow pacing due to all the 1on1 fights cause some are not necessary and most of them are not even that exciting to follow. And because he loves wasting panels.

But that is true for the most Manga isn't it? At least it is true for everyone of the Big 3.

I know I'm weird, but I think I prefer to read One Piece weekly, even when some of the arcs are really slow. Reading it in batches is a bit "too much" for me, if that makes sense.

Yeah, his biggest problem is the moderately to insanely slow pacing due to all the 1on1 fights cause some are not necessary and most of them are not even that exciting to follow. And because he loves wasting panels.

Come the fuck on. Yeah, why the hell should secondary characters get any attention at all, right? Only the main characters should get attention, right? Some people, i swear.

Except the fights in OPM are very creative and the gags work.

Like hell they do. And Bleach fights are very creative and diverse in powers and abilities.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Except the fights in OPM are very creative and the gags work.

Though if he continues down the road of making a chapter with key frames from an animation, as much as I like looking at them (especially in gif form), I will start losing interest very fast.

I was also mostly joking. :p

Jintor

Like hell they do. And Bleach fights are very creative and diverse in powers and abilities.

After reading a lot of them in a big batch it really feels like they boil down to 'trade blows until someone reveals a hidden power they've been keeping secret for who knows what reason, counter with more hidden powers until someone wins'

Stoof

After reading a lot of them in a big batch it really feels like they boil down to 'trade blows until someone reveals a hidden power they've been keeping secret for who knows what reason, counter with more hidden powers until someone wins'

Don't forget ample amounts of Getsuga Tenshou!

Akito

Oh boy, should have seen that coming.

Come the fuck on. Yeah, why the hell should secondary characters get any attention at all, right? Only the main characters should get attention, right? Some people, i swear.
What I meant by wasting panels

Please. Most of them just boil down to "The last one who reveals his power wins".

Kurita

Though if he continues down the road of making a chapter with key frames from an animation, as much as I like looking at them (especially in gif form), I will start losing interest very fast.

I was also mostly joking. :p

Next chapter should have actual dialogue.

Jintor

oreesama teacher 01-04

The comedy is pretty fun but my god, some of this art is CLAMP tier proportions of yaoi guy frames, tiny heads and huge lanky bodies.

Antiwhippy

Next chapter should have actual dialogue.

That's good to hear.

I honestly do like that style, but I feel that it is something that should be spaced out to create more impact. The current arc is so dense with them that it really hurts the pacing.

oreesama teacher 01-04

The comedy is pretty fun but my god, some of this art is CLAMP tier proportions of yaoi guy frames, tiny heads and huge lanky bodies.

It's not THAT bad.

Keep reading though. Best current shoujo comedy.

Also actually available for sale in australia, if you're interested.

How I imagine Beam is in real life arguing about Bleach

q2GINdG.gif

Omairi desu yo 5a
tumblr_mjlrptA5DK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Was surprised that it was more than 40 pages but so worth it and it got a cool cover in the mag for the month. Kenji is still my favorite among the four or so characters (Kenji, older brother, Yuuji, Subaru, and Yoshita), just something about him, and I guess Yoshita agrees but then Yuuji and Subaru cant see what anyone would like in him. He just makes really good facial expressions and comments, and I guess he does like Yoshita but just never wants to admit it. Hopefully they do make some progress on this rainy day off. Yuuji and Subaru planning for this date to hopefully finally do more than a simple kiss would be so worth the six or so chapters weve encountered, though I bet something will ruin it.

Antiwhippy

Kabu no Isaki 1

This is definitely from the same author as Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Loving it already.

He really does ethereal landscapes really well. Not the best technically but he really knows how to create an otherworldly feeling.

9eOb6Cw.png

Bleach 530

It was an okay chapter. Masaki being Orihime 2.0 is kinda disappointing, though I do appreciate her quirky personality being portrayed in the chapter. That's easily the best part about Orihime besides her bust size.

Hollow at the end was cool. Guess he's going to clobber Isshin before running away when Masaki intervenes.

Mael

Your tears taste so good.

As in most manga.

How many times Luffy bend down and said gear second? Same Zorro with his swords etc.... It´s hypercritical to single out Bleach when every battle manga does the same.

What?
Coming from HxH, the battle of Bleach are among the worst stuffs you can have really.
No planning needed in most cases, beam spam at its worst most of the time.
Oh and about this chapter of Bleach, nice set up chapter.
Will see if the payoff ends up being worth it or not.

Antiwhippy

Kabu no Isaki 4

A parts town that sets up shop in a valley which creates mirages, so that they can collect parts from crashed planes that tried to go to the parts town.

Brilliant.

How I imagine Beam is in real life arguing about Bleach

q2GINdG.gif
Oh look you answered the call how cute. No lollipop for you. Oh man you are going to do a hissy fit aren't you? There there little baby.

You're not even aware of how you act, are you?

You realise more people don't actually care that much about Bleach, right? They just say these things to annoy you.
I act perfectly well, it´s you and your clique that are annoyed when someone does not like the same thing you do. Get over it already.

What?
Coming from HxH, the battle of Bleach are among the worst stuffs you can have really.
No planning needed in most cases, beam spam at its worst most of the time.
Oh and about this chapter of Bleach, nice set up chapter.
Will see if the payoff ends up being worth it or not.
Oh give me a fucking break. How many times Gon used Rock Paper Sizer technique? He uses it in the same way and in the same position. There are of strategies in Bleach battles, and since when all shikai, bankai, and hollow/arrancar abilities amount to beam spam?

I find people acting superior because someone simply reads something they dislike quite amusing actually.

Even more so when you know they keep reading said mangas.

Mael

I find people acting superior because someone simply reads something they dislike quite amusing actually.

Even more so when you know they keep reading said mangas.

Why the hell they would keep reading is kinda hilarious in a sense.
I know that if I hated stuffs half as much I woul'tn even bother commenting on it let alone even reading it.
You'll never catch me talking about Larme Ultime for example.

Bleach

Damn this was a great chapter. I've always though Kubo is best when it's a flashback or a short selfcontained story, and that streak keeps going so far.

It's starting to explain more about Isshan and Ishida's dad, but not sure if this says much about Ichigo's roots. With that vastolorde(?) at the end looking like Ichigo's hollow I'm guessing we'll start to see more about ichigo's roots next chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom