• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Bleach A+
This shit was hot. Background on Ryuuken and Masaki was great, and explains a lot of the tension between the former and Isshin. The Vasto Lorde at the end obviously resembles Ichigo's H2 form, but it looks like it's Zanpakuto is melded onto it's arm, similar to Aizen's and Ichigo's final forms...
Damn, what a cliffhanger to leave your readers on, Kubo...

survivor

Banned
The best way I can describe it, is that it's good, at times but not necessarily great. There are a lot of derp faces but then other times, in action sequences, where it looks excellent. The humans can really look flat(and not in the literal pancake way). I do think the anime will look truly outstanding if animated properly. There's a lot of moments for sakuga in there.

One of the better things about the anime adaptation is that it will be much easier to distinguish the characters. When I started reading the manga, it was very hard to tell who is who, especially when the only defining feature for most of them is their hair colour.

Plus the fighting scenes should be a lot of fun if the trailer is anything to go by.

Kurita

Nobunanga no Chef 1
This reminds me that I have to check out the drama.

WSJ #16 cover
WKKErB6.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
One of the better things about the anime adaptation is that it will be much easier to distinguish the characters. When I started reading the manga, it was very hard to tell who is who, especially when the only defining feature for most of them is their hair colour.

Plus the fighting scenes should be a lot of fun if the trailer is anything to go by.

Yea I definitely agree. It can really be hard to follow some of the characters as the designs for so many of them look similar at times. I really think the whole thing will work better in animated form, even the abuse of flashbacks. That said, I can already tell they're going to go for some shitty anime-original ending.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Aozora Yell 20-22

Oh wow, that was a pretty dramatic there. Mori couldn't play the trumpet anymore due to hand injuries, and got incredibly depressed about it, but it was pretty heart warming to see people in the trumpet section encourage her out of her funk.

Tsubasa's growth as a character is also really nice now, albeit being incredibly slow. She still infuriatingly timid, but now it seems like she's at least a little bit willing to challenge other people for what she believes in.

Bleach 530

AHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And just when I thought things couldn't get any stupider.

What are you hoping for then?

I thought this week's Bleach was alright. The pace was slow but the story is moving in the right direction at least. Having Ichigo's mom and Ishida's dad living together seemed like a cop-out at first to me, but then I realised that it actually makes sense, seeing as they are both staying in the same town anyway.

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 10

PlNWxn9.png

Ooooh, time to learn about Noah when they were humans! Neat. The fight with Yu Kanda
(Uganda?)
and Skin Boric was great, albeit a little short. I need to see the chain pull -> punch animated. General Tiedoll being able to summon a giant mannequin with french written on its limbs is so ridiculously awesome, now I'm excited to see the other generals in action soon.

D. Gray Man Volume 10

PlNWxn9.png

Ooooh, time to learn about Noah when they were humans! Neat. The fight with Yu Kanda
(Uganda?)
and Skin Boric was great, albeit a little short. I need to see the chain pull -> punch animated. General Tiedoll being able to summon a giant mannequin with french written on its limbs is so ridiculously awesome, now I'm excited to see the other generals in action soon.

If only the author didn't get sick and had to move to quarterly/semi-annual releases.

Also the later arcs aren't as good imo. Glad to see that you are enjoying it. :)

Bleach 530

I thought this was alright.

Masaki being Orihime is a bit annoying, but whatever saves Kubo from writing a new character. It wouldn't surprise me, if she was related to her as well. :lol

The connection to Ryuken was speculated before, but at least they're not related by blood. Seeing him being all romantic and true love and happiness or whatever is a bit weird, but her death obviously changed him. I like that this chapter explains their "friendly rivalry" a bit more, beyond the usual "shinigami vs quincy" stuff.

I'm not sure what to think of the Vasto Lorde at the end. I hope this doesn't go down the Naruto route, where Isshin put the hollow into Ichigo or whatever.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Aozora Yell 24

A-fucking-men. At least it seems like the current arc is focuaed on improving that it seems.

Overall I gotta say this is a pretty fun series. Main lead is infuriating at times with her incredible timidness and lack of confidence, but that's what makes her growth feels satisfying. Love that there's finally a manga that focuses on symphonic bands since nodame cantabile though, and on the brass section too.

If you enjoy the angst of honey and clover then you would probably enjoy this too.

raiot

Bleach 530
I'm not sure what to think of the Vasto Lorde at the end. I hope this doesn't go down the Naruto route, where Isshin put the hollow into Ichigo or whatever.

Bets are open for the announcement of the God Ichigo, the trifecta of hollow, quincey and shinigami! :D

Bets are open for the announcement of the God Ichigo, the trifecta of hollow, quincey and shinigami! :D

Ichigod. Yeah.

You know, if Bleach was part of the Berserk universe, you could just say that the Vasto Lorde raped Masaki, while she was pregnant with Isshin's kid. :lol

God, I'm reading too much Berserk.

Bleach 530

Looks like Ichigo's fullbring powers came first, and his fullbring is what created his second hollow form from the memories of the Vasto Lorde who attacked his mother and father.

Setsuna

Bleach 530

looks like it has h2 ichigo's mask
and two tenza zangetsu v2 swords
fused into both of its arms like dangai ichigo

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
One Piece and Naruto - F
Both were shit. Nothing even happened.
Terrible, terrible pacing.

Wednesday GAF is pretty timid without Naruto or One Piece.

Yeah, I expect an argument or two at best, but that's it. It could be worse, though. Imagine if we got only a chapter of Naruto. Everyone would agree about the quality. No discussion at all.

Bleach

Aw yeah. This chapter explained so much. Now i know why Ryuuken and Isshin have this kind of friendship. I am so interested to see what Dark of the moon on the title page means. Zangetsu, Engetsu, Kyoka Suigetsu have all moon themes.

So Masaki was supposed to marry Ryuuken to keep the Ishida children full blood. Ryuuken´s attitude surprised me. It´s probably because his wife died. Katagiri will probably be Isshin´s wife.

The hollow at the end is DAYM.

Ichihime is confirmed :p

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is it just Bleach this week? The origins of Ichigo: the magical being stew.

I somehow missed last weeks One Piece, so I win!

Oda apparently caught flu from some plague filled playhouse he visited.

Kusagari

Bleach

Masaki being Orihime xerox is really lame. Good chapter though. Pretty much everyone speculated on her being related to Ryuuken, but at least it's not by blood. The hollow at the end looked sick.

survivor

Banned
Green Blood 18-21

And just like that, the Grave Digger have been destroyed. It's also nice to now the identity of the person on the cover of the third. Seemed like an important guy to reveal around this early in the game, but I suppose it's not his time yet to fight Brad and Luke.

OceanBlue

Unbreakable Machine Doll 31

First Frey and now this new girl. It seems Raishin's haremettes have a hard time killing things. If I think about it, Char's problem had something to do with killing things too, lol.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

Now watch Orohime also being a descendant of the Kurosaki

While the chapter was ok, I thought it didnt have much content. Will be sad that Bleachwill be on hiatus for some weeks

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 11

iy9P7v9.png

Arystar / Korykins was badass, got dayum. Really good fight with the twins / fusion, I assume this fight continues into the next volume so there might be more craziness with their imagination. This is probably one of my favorite fights of the series so far.

D. Gray Man Volume 11

http://i.imgur.com/iy9P7v9.png[/IG]

Arystar / Korykins was badass, got dayum. Really good fight with the twins / fusion, I assume this fight continues into the next volume so there might be more craziness with their imagination. This is probably one of my favorite fights of the series so far.[/QUOTE]

D. Gray Man worth reading?

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man worth reading?

So far, I'd recommend it. Again, it's supposed to take a dump in quality around chapter 160 / the end of volume 16, but at the the moment I'm enjoying it. I only have up to volume 16 so if I decide to order the rest it'll take me a while to give my impressions depending on how long Amazon takes to ship them, but I'll have the next Trigun Maximum Omnibus in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom