• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Beam, man, no offense but you come off as really angry like 90% of the time. Maybe you should calm down, find a good manga about cute things doing cute things or something.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

Oh boy, neat things. I gotta tell ya, people who call plot things in these mangas stupid every week sure want some boring shit. I think it's great that we're seeing that there was so much more to this thing we used to think was simple. What is there to complain about here? The more outlandish the better. It's mangas, not historical drama. Gimme the most convoluted rationale for Ichigo's origins ya can muster, Kubo. And the more Aizen involvement, the better.

Also: I don't think I'd really just write Masaki off as Orihime v2, they're both just bubbly girls. The world is allowed to have more than one. Orihime is more of a total airhead than anything, and I don't really get that feel from Masaki.

Defuser

Bleach

That hollow in the end looks like Arrancar Ichigo with zangetsu as it's arms.

Wild guessing time :

1) Ichigo went back to the past.

or

2) This hollow got somehow sealed in Isshin/Masaki which pass down to Ichigo.

upandaway

I don't understand why anyone would read a weekly series just to troll fans of it
I can't speak for other people too much but I find it much easier to joke about the quality of a series when I do derive some enjoyment out of it. If I don't like it at all, yet still somehow came across memories of reading it, I wouldn't be as cheerful discussing it afterwards.

Hopefully that serves as proof that deep down, everyone enjoy what they're posting about!

Hystzen

I don't understand why anyone would read a weekly series just to troll fans of it

You be amazed at commitment of some trolls , my interest in Naruto died during this war I tend to read it just see how lower it can go plus it doesn't take long to read but I don't go trolling people maybe odd jokes laughing at it now and again

Hystzen

Bleach

Well in HM arc Grimmjow left some his reisatsu inside ichigo after his major beatdown which could only be healed by orihimie maybe this VL affected Isshin during the fight then passed onto ichigo affecting him more

Wiseblade

I can't speak for other people too much but I find it much easier to joke about the quality of a series when I do derive some enjoyment out of it. If I don't like it at all, yet still somehow came across memories of reading it, I wouldn't be as cheerful discussing it afterwards.

Hopefully that serves as proof that deep down, everyone enjoy what they're posting about!

I Found it!

Mael

To be fair at least we got something this week and if I had to choose between only a chapter of Bleach or only a chapter of Naruto personally I'd pick the chapter of Bleach.

Well at least we would have had some fight in Naruto....
Even though the flashback is overstaying its welcome.
Bleach would be nice if stuffs that weren't BS happened.

Brickhunt

Bleach

That hollow in the end looks like Arrancar Ichigo with zangetsu as it's arms.

Wild guessing time :

1) Ichigo went back to the past.

or

In the Fulbring arc, Ginjou explains that their got their powers from having their mom attacked by a hollow, and having it's reiatsu passed to them during gestation.

Soon after saving Isshin, we saw Masaki had her shoulder hurt and bleeding. She probably got the Hollow's reiatsu during the fiht and passed to Ichigo during gestation. The reiatsu eventually played it's part in the formation of Ichigo's inner Hollow.

Another possibility is that she absorbed the Hollow with the reishi enslaving technique and he jumped into Ichigo while he was in her womb.

upandaway

Togashi better be coming back on 40 chapters next time. I don't like this longer hiatus+longer streak business, but if he's gonna do the longer hiatus part of it, he dang well should do the longer streak part too!

Wiseblade

We'd all take that over anything really.
I know I'd take a weekly HxH over anything, heck you can even skip Fairy Tail if that helps.

Not, really. I'd take a One Piece chapter over a HxH chapter. Togashi is just milking the series and a single chapter would be really unsatisfying at this point.

Mael

Not, really. I'd take a One Piece chapter over a HxH chapter. Togashi is just milking the series and a single chapter would be really unsatisfying at this point.

I can do without OP for a week if we get more HxH, seriously even milked and beaten deadh horse HxH is better than most things really.
Seriously look at the fucking cliffhanger he ended his last streak, that's certainly asking for more!
And we still don't have the resolution of the Ryodan/Kurapika ark too.
I can do without knowing wth they plan to do with Ace devil's fruit for all I care.

Akito

Cyborg Jiichan G 1
iliZJ4N5Rr6hC.jpg

For some reason I never looked at Obata's pre-Hikaru no Go works so I figured this could be a nice place to start. The first chapter is way more wacky than I ever imagine, even with the cover in mind. An old guy suddenly remodeled himself into a cyborg who runs on chicken poo in order to become the best farmer in the world. It's like an on crack version of Dr. Slump and that's to say something.
It's notable that Obata actually wrote the story for this himself rather than being only the artist. He named himself Shigeru Hijikata at that time.

Wiseblade

I can do without OP for a week if we get more HxH, seriously even milked and beaten deadh horse HxH is better than most things really.
Seriously look at the fucking cliffhanger he ended his last streak, that's certainly asking for more!
And we still don't have the resolution of the Ryodan/Kurapika ark too.
I can do without knowing wth they plan to do with Ace devil's fruit for all I care.

Because he knows he needs to end a streak with a cliffhanger to keep people interested. And you're falling for it! You really think you're going to get anything substantial in 10 chapters? No chance. You're better off just forgetting that HiatusxHiatus exists for the next 20 years and hope that He's finished the arc by then.

cdyhybrid

Aizen wins again. He planned Ichigo's hollow powers this whole time! There's really no way he doesn't come back at this point. He'll be so overjoyed at Ichigo's strength and progress as an experiment that he'll finally have the strong counterpart he was looking for and he'll become the Vegeta to Ichigo's Goku.

Mael

Because he knows he needs to end a streak with a cliffhanger to keep people interested. And you're falling for it! You really think you're going to get anything substantial in 10 chapters? No chance. You're better off just forgetting that HiatusxHiatus exists for the next 20 years and hope that He's finished the arc by then.

Oh give me a break with that BS, in the time it takes for HxH to advance Luffy will still be looking for the One Piece with still no clue in sight anyway.
Let's not act like OP get things in gear any faster.
At least the content is miles better than stuffs like Bleach or Naruto.
And he'll be forced to advance anyway if he wants his beloved anime to not get cancelled anyway.

survivor

Banned
Aozora Yell 24

A-fucking-men. At least it seems like the current arc is focuaed on improving that it seems.

Overall I gotta say this is a pretty fun series. Main lead is infuriating at times with her incredible timidness and lack of confidence, but that's what makes her growth feels satisfying. Love that there's finally a manga that focuses on symphonic bands since nodame cantabile though, and on the brass section too.

If you enjoy the angst of honey and clover then you would probably enjoy this too.
I only read the first 5 volumes of Honey and Clover (I will get give it a reread and finish it soon), but the angst in the manga was really weird. You see all this despair and suffering clashing with shoujo backgrounds and it's such a weird result.

Wiseblade

Oh give me a break with that BS, in the time it takes for HxH to advance Luffy will still be looking for the One Piece with still no clue in sight anyway.
Let's not act like OP get things in gear any faster.
At least the content is miles better than stuffs like Bleach or Naruto.
And he'll be forced to advance anyway if he wants his beloved anime to not get cancelled anyway.

See, now if you said "Number of chapters", then you'd have a point. But you said "Time", so I will just laugh.

survivor

Banned
Slice of life works pretty well going chapter by chapter.
Only the episodic ones. Looking at some of the monthly slice of life/shoujo manga, it's just not worth reading them chapter by chapter, especially if they actually have some progression like in Orange. There are some exceptions like A Bride's Story, but even then you can argue that the manga is very episodic in nature.

Cyborg Jiichan G 1
That's a nice cover art

Kaeru no Prince-sama extra (end)
tumblr_mjlxpkOhVM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Excellent ending bonus chapter to this one volume work following the cool Gouzaka as well as the cool Aono-san as they both ended up calling each other. Really enjoy how it started off from just simple admiring of both at the start with intense work place dynamics putting all this stress on poor Aono-san who struggle to communicate with his workers almost sounding like a frog at times though rising and finding enough confidence in himself to prove everyone wrong and actually do something worth mentioning. Enjoy that his coworkers actually helped him in this endeavor and through it Gouzaka and everyone else managed to be impressed. The last chapters were amazing as both finally got to their feelings and everything. Memorable artwork for both, and Gouzaka provides excellent relief to the constantly flustered, crying, emotional Gouzaka.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Beam, just ignore the haters man.
I've gone off many a time defending Bleach, giving reasonable counters to their complaints, but it never sinks in. I'll call a guy out who's bashing the famous "the heart" page, giving evidence Oda's done just as worst, but they'll just ignore it and carrying on bashing Bleach. It's the "cool" thing to do right now, so it's best not to bother with them.

I know Bleach is good, you know Bleach is good, many other fans know Bleach is good. I've just done caring about the opinions of people who bash it because -
a) To fit in.
b) Because, after 500+ chapters, they still don't understand Kubo's visual story telling method.
c) Hardcore haters who spite the series just because it hasn't gone the way they wish.

Debate with the people who offer solid criticism, rather than "I hate these filler character fights, show me Ichigo. Why the hell is it only Ichigo who gets fights!? Show me Kenpachi. OK, Kubo I'm bored of Kenpachi, go to something else. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TELLING ISSHIN'S BACKSTORY THAT I'VE BITCHED AND MOANED ABOUT FOR YEARS. GO BACK TO KENPACHI!" or "lol ink splashes kubo trolling every character has the same face no backgrounds kubo trolling".

Reknoc

Well no I don't expect One Piece to advance that much in the next 2 years.

It doesn't need to, actually getting to the One Piece is unimportant. It's about the journey. One that One Piece will actually be having.

While Hunter x Hunter continues to have fuck all happening.

Mael

It doesn't need to, actually getting to the One Piece is unimportant. It's about the journey. One that One Piece will actually be having.

While Hunter x Hunter continues to have fuck all happening.

Well yeah till Oda is out of idea that is.
HxH will move once for god knows why Togashi will get the ball rolling.
Last stuffs happened it sure moved faster than anything in OP ever did in the last 2 arcs.
Heck the last arc even made a villain reappear from the very beginning and made him threatening without the guy getting any (BS) powerup or any easy way out.
Not something I expect to happen in shonen even.

One Piece has advanced more in it's story in the last few weeks than HxH has for years.

Well if you compare that to the 1.5 year of hiatus, yeah but that's beside the point.
It still haven't moved much on the overall goal though for anyone involved.
And I'm not sure someone with a Guts avatar have such a big reason to be pissy about Togashi's schedule anyway.

Bleach

So...remember how Zangetsu used to always complain about Ichigo's inner world always raining when he's depressed/feels despair/etc?

Take a look at the weather in the last few pages or so.

:O

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Bleach

So...remember how Zangetsu used to always complain about Ichigo's inner world always raining when he's depressed/feels despair/etc?

Coincidentally, it always rains in the real world when Ichigo is depressed.
Against Grand Fisher, when Rukia was taken, when Ginjo stole his powers, the aftermath of the Quincy assault...

survivor

Banned
Gisele Alain 8

Hell yeah, there are 5 new chapters to read, and just when I thought this manga was a lost cause and I should give up on ever reading new chapters.

Such an important chapter giving more backstory on Gisele when she lived with her family and how she got to become a landlord. Who knew that trying to live in the attic would cause so much trouble? It was also hinted at that there are probably some unresolved issues with her mother so that should come into play at one point in the future.

Bleach

Coincidentally, it always rains in the real world when Ichigo is depressed.
Against Grand Fisher, when Rukia was taken, when Ginjo stole his powers, the aftermath of the Quincy assault...

That's a good catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom