• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

So...remember how Zangetsu used to always complain about Ichigo's inner world always raining when he's depressed/feels despair/etc?

Take a look at the weather in the last few pages or so.

:O

Remember how Hitsugaya believed VLs were much powerful than a captain? We're about to see Hitsugaya's captain get demolished by one.

Akito

Cyborg Jiichan G
iPtt20Xp6t1Vo.jpg
Still crazy and random as hell, nothing makes sense once you start thinking about it and not all of the gags work to say the least. But goddamn if those covers aren't friggin' amazing.

survivor

Banned
WTF, looks like I missed some big news regarding Orange and Takano Ichigo. Going by this tumblr, looks like she doesn't want to be a mangaka anymore
EDIT: It’s in her blog(the blog was deleted since mid-September) that Takano Ichigo has announced she would stop being mangaka after the end of Orange. She doesn’t explain everything, but one of the reasons is she has difficulty with the deadlines. And when she gives the manuscript late, it causes a lot of problems to her superiors. And when that happens, she says it’s hard and she feels bad. This decision was announced in September 2012, but went unnoticed.

The official page of Orange and all informations of Takano Ichigo have been removed from Betsuma site. Even wallpapers have been removed!
Her actual blog post can be viewed here

I really hope for the best for her and for things to work out, but it's such a shame. She was really talented and Orange was a good manga. I'm not exactly sure what the situation is with the manga, but there is some countdown for chapter 10 on that tumblr, but I have no idea if that's gonna be the last chapter.

Seems my "clan" theory about the Kurosaki's was correct giving this whole "marriage to keep the quincy pure" stuff.

Updated myself on Berserk again and i'm excited giving the huge change that happened there lol

*Dont read if you haven't caught up yet*

How the fuck is Guts gonna go against all that shit on Griffiths end when he (Griffith) basically got everybody under his thumb now (Charolette, Apostles, the fucking POPE, Kushans, etc) and hes also broken as shit due to being a God Hand.

Remember how Hitsugaya believed VLs were much powerful than a captain? We're about to see Hitsugaya's captain get demolished by one.

Remember when Hitsugaya said 10 Vasto Lordes could destroy Soul Society, and then we cut directly to Aizen talking about the 20 espada, with the obvious implication being that these 20 are vasto lordes and could destroy Soul Society twice over? Remember how almost all (or maybe all, I forget) of them turned out to be B and C tier hollows? Remember all that? Yeah, I remember.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Remember when Hitsugaya said 10 Vasto Lordes could destroy Soul Society, and then we cut directly to Aizen talking about the 20 espada, with the obvious implication being that these 20 are vasto lordes and could destroy Soul Society twice over? Remember how almost all (or maybe all, I forget) of them turned out to be B and C tier hollows? Remember all that? Yeah, I remember.

I think there ended up being 4 or 5 vasto lordes in the end. Espada 1-4 and MAYBE grimjow. Depends if he progressed beyond his tiger form before he got arrancar'd.

[Edit] Of course, just extrapolating based upon pre-arrancar appearance for most of them, Halibel was the only one actually confirmed.

KingJ2002

Bleach:

All Very interesting stuff here.

- Masaki in a arranged marriage with Ryuken to become a Quincy
- The significance of when it starts to rain (omen or ability of Iishin & Ichigo)
- The VL Hollow that looks like Ichigo's hollow

(Speculation: that hollow that Iishin is about to fight could be a hollow that takes on the form of a persons inner hollow)

Ichigo being a product of Shinigami, Hollow & Quincy to form some superhuman is confirmed!

It's one to me :D
But you're right, they really make a great deal out of the MB sequel, it seems rather desperate.

I will still most likely read it after a while.
When you look at it both series are fairly short Marmalade Boy being 8 Vols and Kodocha being 10 Vols .
Looking at big Shojo romance mangas of today they much longer .

Steroyd

AKB49 - Volume 1

CSTcqCu.jpg

((((;゚Д゚)))))))

The premise is intriguing to say the least, a guy infiltrates AKB auditions to help the girl of his dreams, only to pass the auditions himself and go through the trials and tribulations of the cutthroat world of idols. Volume 1 has the feel of a set up for what's to come.

I think there ended up being 4 or 5 vasto lordes in the end. Espada 1-4 and MAYBE grimjow. Depends if he progressed beyond his tiger form before he got arrancar'd.

[Edit] Of course, just extrapolating based upon pre-arrancar appearance for most of them, Halibel was the only one actually confirmed.

And of course Halibel is most notable for fighting evenly with Hitsugaya and then serving as a convenient punching bag for anyone else who came along for the rest of the series. Truly, the Vasto Lordes are terrifying creatures.

Kusagari

In the last databook Kubo said "most" of the Espada were VL's. Though I've also seen arguments over the translation on whether he meant they were actually VL's or VL level.

Akito

I will still most likely read it after a while.
When you look at it both series are fairly short Marmalade Boy being 8 Vols and Kodocha being 10 Vols .
Looking at big Shojo romance mangas of today they much longer .
Assuming it still runs after a while, I will look into it as well but most of the time when a sequel needs a long time to start, there was a reason for that so it's quality and success are quite limited.

Wiseblade

One Piece Vol 3 (Rereread)

I forgot how much better volumes look compared to scanlations. It's night and day! And I forgot how clean early One Piece is! Everything is so easy to follow. And Nami's breasts... they're of human proportions!

Rayleigh's beard without the tuft at the end looks silly.

Assuming it still runs after a while, I will look into it as well but most of the time when a sequel needs a long time to start, it's quality and success are quite limited.

Yep that is for certain the quality ends ep being not good will read it but don't got much hope for it .
Still i don't think any body has gone as bad as Nobuhiro Watsuki such a shame to see what he has to be doing to get some cash .

survivor

Banned
Gisele Alain 9-12
yfd8uO3.jpg

Didn't expect the manga to have so much new developments in these 4 chapters, I thought they would just go along with more random episode adventures. Gisele managed to get herself a master, a rival, ditched Eric, and had a baby named after her in the span of 4 chapters, quite an accomplishment.

I'm not fully sure why the rival decided to become.. well her rival after she did the job for him. I supposed he appreciated her cleverness and honesty and wanted to compete against her fairly? I was actually looking forward to having both of them go out on missions together, but it really wouldn't fit with the manga that well. Beside, he will probably be reserved for the "dangerous" jobs.

Oh yeah, I should point out that Colette is still as beautiful as ever. She really needs to accompany Gisele on her jobs more often or even get another arc devoted to her. There is also the thing with Eric which came out of nowhere, I didn't even remember that he was only helping Gisele cause of his debt.

Yea. They werent as strong as the one that "killed" Hitsugaya's captain. It means Hitsugaya had a basis for fearing the VLs even if the other VLs ( most of the espada were VLs ) ended up being much weaker than the one that defeated Isshin.

Beam, man, no offense but you come off as really angry like 90% of the time. Maybe you should calm down, find a good manga about cute things doing cute things or something.
Because people are hypocrite and they imply one logic on one manga even though many manga have the same shit. And the clique does not like anyone who like different things from them. I learned long time ago that some fandom try to put down anything just to make their manga looks better. It´s pathetic really.
Oh give me a break with that BS, in the time it takes for HxH to advance Luffy will still be looking for the One Piece with still no clue in sight anyway.
Let's not act like OP get things in gear any faster.
At least the content is miles better than stuffs like Bleach or Naruto.
And he'll be forced to advance anyway if he wants his beloved anime to not get cancelled anyway.

I would like to see list the better content.

Yea. They werent as strong as the one that "killed" Hitsugaya's captain. It means Hitsugaya had a basis for fearing the VLs even if the other VLs ( most of the espada were VLs ) ended up being much weaker than the one that defeated Isshin.

Come on man. That bit wasn't anything but Kubo saying "look how strong these Vasto Lordes are, Soul Society's fucked, this arc's gonna be epic!!!!" and then later backing out on it. He even included the 11-20 ones who lost to a bunch of Vice-Captains and below.

upandaway

One Piece Vol 3 (Rereread)

I forgot how much better volumes look compared to scanlations. It's night and day! And I forgot how clean early One Piece is! Everything is so easy to follow. And Nami's breasts... they're of human proportions!

Rayleigh's beard without the tuft at the end looks silly.
You know there's new HQ rescanlations of the old OP volumes right? v1-18 so far I think.

But yeah the real thing is pretty great.

Not to mention that without the vizards intervention Starrk and Barragan, Ulquiorra (ugh) would have wreck their shit, so it´s actually true. Of course i´m not including Yamamoto since he alone can destroy all of them.

Not to mention that without the vizards intervention Starrk and Barragan, Ulquiorra (ugh) would have wreck their shit, so it´s actually true. Of course i´m not including Yamamoto since he alone can destroy all of them.
That's true too. The only top espada to disappoint was Harribel but given her characterization, it's likely she hadn't fed in a while which would have weakened her.

Stark got owned by a hax shikai that only started to work cause Stark got distracted by the vizards.
Barragan got beat by his own power.
Ulquiorra got beat by main character.
Even Yammy could be explained by Kenpachi's limit on himself where even if there were points when Yammy owned them which is likely cause Byakuya was wounded, Kenpachi would have released more of his internal limiter and won.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
That's true too. The only top espada to disappoint was Harribel but given her characterization, it's likely she hadn't fed in a while which would have weakened her.

Seeing as she's still alive, she may redeem herself in the current arc. Grimm's interactions with her should be interesting at least.

survivor

Banned
AKB49 - Volume 1

The premise is intriguing to say the least, a guy infiltrates AKB auditions to help the girl of his dreams, only to pass the auditions himself and go through the trials and tribulations of the cutthroat world of idols. Volume 1 has the feel of a set up for what's to come.
Even though I don't read the manga anymore, I always liked the IDOL CULTURE aspect of it and the silliness of the entire premise.

Nodame Cantabile vol.2

Nodame is annoying and cute at the same time... Masumi is amazing.

This series has always annoyed me, I can never decide if I should experience it through the manga or the anime first.

Lain

You're not even aware of how you act, are you?

You realise more people don't actually care that much about Bleach, right? They just say these things to annoy you.

Doesn't that speak more about how... dickish? these people are than it does about how susceptible Beam is?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because people are hypocrite and they imply one logic on one manga even though many manga have the same shit. And the clique does not like anyone who like different things from them. I learned long time ago that some fandom try to put down anything just to make their manga looks better. It´s pathetic really.

I would like to see list the better content.

Not every person who doesn't like Bleach is issuing a challenge to you. Call off your dogs.

Reknoc

Right I agree, but I don't think getting angry and defensive about it is much better really. I mean, at the end of the day we're all just reading comics made for children.

Like I don't think anyone conflicted about which series in the Beano was better (though it is in fact The Bash Street Kids and if you thing otherwise you're wrong).

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

Oh boy, neat things. I gotta tell ya, people who call plot things in these mangas stupid every week sure want some boring shit. I think it's great that we're seeing that there was so much more to this thing we used to think was simple. What is there to complain about here? The more outlandish the better. It's mangas, not historical drama. Gimme the most convoluted rationale for Ichigo's origins ya can muster, Kubo. And the more Aizen involvement, the better.

Also: I don't think I'd really just write Masaki off as Orihime v2, they're both just bubbly girls. The world is allowed to have more than one. Orihime is more of a total airhead than anything, and I don't really get that feel from Masaki.

No

Also eeh, she totally looks like her except the length of the hair?

survivor

Banned
Summer Wars: King Kazuma vs Queen Ozu

I didn't finish reading the first chapter, but my god is this manga such a massive letdown in the art department. I mean this is the freaking colour page you get in the beginning of the volume. It's so bad.The character designs are just awful compared to the original manga. I really wish they didn't change artists for this spin-off.

Go with the drama first, then the anime and finally the manga.
Thanks, this should give me good idea of how to approach the series.

Hystzen

Seems my "clan" theory about the Kurosaki's was correct giving this whole "marriage to keep the quincy pure" stuff.

Updated myself on Berserk again and i'm excited giving the huge change that happened there lol

*Dont read if you haven't caught up yet*

How the fuck is Guts gonna go against all that shit on Griffiths end when he (Griffith) basically got everybody under his thumb now (Charolette, Apostles, the fucking POPE, Kushans, etc) and hes also broken as shit due to being a God Hand.

We will never find out due to how slow Berserk chapters are released I always suspect Berserk will end up unfinished

Shouta

AKB49 - Volume 1

Welcome to the fold.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don´t care if people liked or did not like Bleach, but they try to apply rules that every shonen does on Bleach without applying it to other. It´s the hypocrisy that i don´t like.

I honestly don't know how you get through your day if you legitimately get upset every time someone doesn't like a thing you like. People just don't like Bleach sometimes; it's doesn't impugn your character when people say they don't.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: A

Wow. This chapter was great. We are getting some interesting information and the Ryuuken stuff was really awesome to see considering we haven't seen him in the current arc yet.

I wonder what all of these implications will lead to. What caused Ryuuken to separate himself from the Quincy? Who is his dad? Is Aizen aware of the situation with the Quincy family? What about the Kurosaki family, are any of them besides Masaki important? How does Full bring fit into this? Kisuke?

So much awesome. This is looking like its gonna be a great followup to TBTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom