• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: A

Wow. This chapter was great. We are getting some interesting information and the Ryuuken stuff was really awesome to see considering we haven't seen him in the current arc yet.

I wonder what all of these implications will lead to. What caused Ryuuken to separate himself from the Quincy? Who is his dad? Is Aizen aware of the situation with the Quincy family? What about the Kurosaki family, are any of them besides Masaki important? How does Full bring fit into this? Kisuke?

So much awesome. This is looking like its gonna be a great followup to TBTP.

Sengoku Basasra: Samurai Legends Vol.02

bFnNmj9.jpg

This wasn't bad. Much more grounded compared to the second season of the anime where this was extremely focused on Masamune and Kenji instead of trying to work in Yukimura and those other people of the Western Islands. While Kenji still bores me, I did like how his little part in this war was. The art is pretty fine and the action is light but works for this.

The ending fight was pretty good, even if it was Masamune focused as usual. I'm surprised that Yukimura is even on the cover since he barely appears and this whole retelling of the second game was basically Masamune's show to steal. Of course he gets the final blow but at least the potential manga of the third game probably won't care about continuity here. It definitely wasn't as over the top as the anime was, but few things can ever be.

Still amused that Basara had to kill off Nene since we can't have too many playable female characters here!

Sengoku Basasra: Samurai Legends Vol.02

bFnNmj9.jpg

This wasn't bad. Much more grounded compared to the second season of the anime where this was extremely focused on Masamune and Kenji instead of trying to work in Yukimura and those other people of the Western Islands. While Kenji still bores me, I did like how his little part in this war was. The art is pretty fine and the action is light but works for this.

The ending fight was pretty good, even if it was Masamune focused as usual. I'm surprised that Yukimura is even on the cover since he barely appears and this whole retelling of the second game was basically Masamune's show to steal. Of course he gets the final blow but at least the potential manga of the third game probably won't care about continuity here. It definitely wasn't as over the top as the anime was, but few things can ever be.

Still amused that Basara had to kill off Nene since we can't have too many playable female characters here!

Best character on the cover, reminds me I need to get back into the anime, am hoping Funimation release a bd combo of both seasons, I guess, unless one is already out?

Wow. This chapter was great. We are getting some interesting information and the Ryuuken stuff was really awesome to see considering we haven't seen him in the current arc yet.

I wonder what all of these implications will lead to. What caused Ryuuken to separate himself from the Quincy? Who is his dad? Is Aizen aware of the situation with the Quincy family? What about the Kurosaki family, are any of them besides Masaki important? How does Full bring fit into this? Kisuke?

Ishida Souken. The old man who taught Uryuu to be quincy, and the one that Mayuri brutally killed and experimented on. It´s funny how Ryuuken was thinking about the quincies interest in this chapter and in the present he can´t stand them. It´s probably because he lost his wife. I bet it´s Katagiri.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Best character on the cover, reminds me I need to get back into the anime, am hoping Funimation release a bd combo of both seasons, I guess, unless one is already out?

I think it is you know.
I remember getting annoyed that the UK got skimped out on season 2 Blu Ray, while America got it... I think.

I mean what in the plot has Aizen not had a hand with up to this point?

LOL thats true.

Its one thing to say it and be a troll and another to actually do it and be a troll. So far he's been doing well on the latter and i would like to see that continue with a payoff of being involved all along regarding the MC's life/powers. Would be one of the greatest trolls ever

We will never find out due to how slow Berserk chapters are released I always suspect Berserk will end up unfinished

Its unfortunate but IIRC there was supposedly and interview with Muira claiming he wants to finish it and will try to remain healthy.

Will be looking forward to it (even if it will be placed on my pile until enough chapters is built up again)

Hystzen

I thought Grimm was only complying with Urahara as he promised him a rematch with Ichigo. He better not turn Tsundere.

It seems Urahara has blackmailed Grim he mentioned about training Grim also,looks like he conning him to fight against the SR with promise of getting a shot at Ichigo which is hilarious really

Bleach

Misaki is so downplaying her abilities so she does not get marry this soon. She probably killed the hollow and brought down Isshin before healing Isshin. Now she realizes that if she answered to Ryuuken mother question with the truth that means that she would have had to marry Ryuuken and she does not want that. That was evident in that one panel of her hugging her pillow and being very sad.

Judging by his "future" comment, Ryuuken seemed to believe that the numbers were not in the Quincies' favor. Eventually, despite their best efforts, they would become extinct. Theory: Perhaps Ryuuken decides to abandon being a Quincy and elopes with Katagiri the maid (She looks a bit like Uryu, and it would explain his sewing talent).

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Yeah, I think there's little doubt Katagiri is Uryu's mother.
Question is, what happened to her. This flashback might span a couple of years. We're definitely seeing why and how Grand Fisher killed Masaki though.

upandaway

I've just been enlightened on the reason why last OT was so silly. There were a lot less marathon impressions! It survived on new chapter impressions for most of the way. Clearly that doesn't work. But this time's off to a good start!

Hopefully I can join you guys soon, it's been a while

survivor

Banned
Did/do you read Rage Town? How much you rage on GE depends on that.

I dropped it after 60 chapters

Outside of the last page where a random girl starts stripping, and the colossal failure of the MC for going after Shou instead of Yuki, the first volume was passable.

Stinky

WTF, looks like I missed some big news regarding Orange and Takano Ichigo. Going by this tumblr, looks like she doesn't want to be a mangaka anymore

Her actual blog post can be viewed here

I really hope for the best for her and for things to work out, but it's such a shame. She was really talented and Orange was a good manga. I'm not exactly sure what the situation is with the manga, but there is some countdown for chapter 10 on that tumblr, but I have no idea if that's gonna be the last chapter.

Woah what the hell? 'Orange' is really good, I hope she doesnt quit

Scratch

WTF, looks like I missed some big news regarding Orange and Takano Ichigo. Going by this tumblr, looks like she doesn't want to be a mangaka anymore

Her actual blog post can be viewed here

I really hope for the best for her and for things to work out, but it's such a shame. She was really talented and Orange was a good manga. I'm not exactly sure what the situation is with the manga, but there is some countdown for chapter 10 on that tumblr, but I have no idea if that's gonna be the last chapter.

damn that sucks. orange is actually amazing. this explains the lack of updates then :(

Stinky

Reading through the bleach impressions, I am legit interested in seeing how things will fall into place.

Aizen is definitely involved with that vasto lorde and of course Ichigo is going to come into the equation somehow. I thought it was established that his hollow powers were from Urahara's hollowification pit but I guess we'll see.

survivor

Banned
Woah what the hell? 'Orange' is really good, I hope she doesnt quit
damn that sucks. orange is actually amazing. this explains the lack of updates then :(
Yeah, these news were sad :( Orange was so good, biggest surprise from last year

Reading her blog post, it really seems to be she had a big problem with the monthly deadlines and probably the editorial department. She did indicate that will still draw manga if fans will ask for it
でも読んで下さる方が一人でもいたら、
辞めても私は漫画描きます。
But if there’s a single person willing to read my work, even if I quit, I will keep drawing manga.
どうやって読んでもらうかは、またその時考えます。
“How”, I’ll think when the right time comes.
So I wonder if she is thinking of doing a web manga or write for a bimonthly magazine so she gets more flexible deadlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom