• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

ibhs91qTyA5VEb.jpg

I watch the Naruto Road to Ninja Movie the other day (it was abysmal btw., don't even bother with it) and I laughed pretty hard at how useless and annoying she was but it shouldn't have come as a surprise, the story writer was Kishimoto himself after all. I was more surprised about how little screentime he gave the Sauce.

Right after Hinata got roflstomped for doing something wreckless and stupid, Sakura saved her from bleeding to death. Although, how she survived from being stabbed point-blank by a guy who fully intended for her to die is Kishimoto logic.

You mean during the Pain arc? And she actually did her job? Wow, that's amazing. Tsunade should've given her a medal for that!

Right after Hinata got roflstomped for doing something wreckless and stupid, Sakura saved her from bleeding to death. Although, how she survived from being stabbed point-blank by a guy who fully intended for her to die is Kishimoto logic.

And posts like these are why I don't take many haters seriously. Really?

Any medic ninja and nothing would change? So you're forgetting that Sakura managed to make an antidote for a poison previously thought uncurable? But let's totally ignore that because it's cool to hate on the character.

I don't care if you don't like her (to a certain extent depending on the reasons) but you're basically denying her feats on complete and total bullshit claims.

Whether or not you genuinely forgot or you're dismissing what she has done, doesn't really matter. You're still wrong regardless.

Plot is the reason Hinata did what she did stupid or not which is more than Sakura; who just watched the battle and wasn't even healing anyone during the fight or anything for that matter.

Its hyperbole but there is truth in what I said when you could literally take any medic and they would heal Naruto or Hinata. When did curing poisons get into the mix? Said poison was handy for Sakura to make an antidote off the sample considering most people probably couldn't get the poison off a live subject to research it.

She did train under Tsunade and if she couldn't do that after the timeskip then Kishi would have made her more of a waste.

Is the poison curing the best you can think of?

I'm guessing next you will mention the Sasori fight which was really Granny Chiyo giving Sakura a fighting chance by controlling her and the Deus Ex Machina of 3 antidote shots.

I'm not wrong just because I have a different opinion than yours. I'm more inclined to believe that a good number of people view Sakura the same way I do even though she has her fans for some reason.

Her feats are so forgettable that I don't remember much of her except for Part 2 beginning and then putting her in the back of my mind and shaking my head each time Kishi wastes space and panels adding her to the story.

I don't care if you like her, but don't go claiming my reasons for hating her are bullshit when I haven't even gotten into them and just made a jab at her worthlessness with the medic comment.

Plot is the reason Hinata did what she did stupid or not which is more than Sakura; who just watched the battle and wasn't even healing anyone during the fight or anything for that matter.

Its hyperbole but there is truth in what I said when you could literally take any medic and they would heal Naruto or Hinata. When did curing poisons get into the mix? Said poison was handy for Sakura to make an antidote off the sample considering most people probably couldn't get the poison off a live subject to research it.

She did train under Tsunade and if she couldn't do that after the timeskip then Kishi would have made her more of a waste.

Is the poison curing the best you can think of?

I'm guessing next you will mention the Sasori fight which was really Granny Chiyo giving Sakura a fighting chance by controlling her and the Deus Ex Machina of 3 antidote shots.

I'm not wrong just because I have a different opinion than yours. I'm more inclined to believe that a good number of people view Sakura the same way I do even though she has her fans for some reason.

Her feats are so forgettable that I don't remember much of her except for Part 2 beginning and then putting her in the back of my mind and shaking my head each time Kishi wastes space and panels adding her to the story.

I don't care if you like her, but don't go claiming my reasons for hating her are bullshit when I haven't even gotten into them and just made a jab at her worthlessness with the medic comment.

So, Hinata doing something stupid is fine, because of "plot". Okay, double-standards.

And I love how you give credit to Chiyo, even though Kishi made it clear as day that if one of them without the other they would've died. Had Chiyo fought Sasori alone, she would've gotten killed. Had Sakura fought Sasori alone, she would've gotten killed. It's called teamwork, something the manga has emphasized since day fucking one and you're knocking her for that. By your logic, anything Naruto did in the war is meaningless because he had help from Bee and Itachi. Or fuck the entire Ninja Alliance is worthless by that logic.

Feats are feats, regardless if you forget them or not. Seriously, you're bitching about her being a waste of space and doing nothing to the story, but when Kishi (as rare as it is) puts her actually doing something, you, according to your own words, shake your head and ask why he does it? The fuck?

I'm calling you wrong, simply because you keep saying she's worthless as a ninja. When time and time again, she's proven, she's not.

Hate her personality. I have no problem with that. Hell, i actually agree with that. Girl needs to grow the fuck up. But don't let her personality flaws, blind you to what she HAS done. That'd be like me denying Hinata becoming a straight boss in the last 20 chapters simply because I don't like her personally.

wonzo

Banned
OPM (ONE) 1-27

I'd figure I'd flick through the webcomic to see how the art is after someone actually started translating it from the beginning of the arc right after the one Muratas currently on and so far the art's pretty… special.

Right after Hinata got roflstomped for doing something wreckless and stupid.

... Ummm, what?

Naruto, the STRONGEST MOFO THERE, was pinned down and couldn't do shit. Bad guy had everyone by the balls and it looked like game over time for everyone.

She went into that knowing that, even though there's lil chance of her succeeding, if she was ever going to confess that would be the last chance she got. She also knew that Naruto being pinned down = everyone's gonna get got by Pain.

So yeaaaah ... it was either sit back and die on the side lines (like everyone else) or try your hardest to make your few moments left COUNT by trying to save your loved one or at least facing death with that weight of your secret feelings off your shoulders.

It's kinda like saying it's "wreckless" to try to save some one in a event where you're gonna VERY likely die regardless of your next few actions. Just so happened that Hinata's actions lead to a table turning event.

Shokugeki no Soma 11

yJNLjRL.png

This is finally getting interesting! The preparation for the battle was great to watch, if only because he didn't get it right for the first time. I really wonder if this kind of battle is going to become a thing, where Souma gathers lots of people around him and gets them to join the Don RS.

... Ummm, what?

Naruto, the STRONGEST MOFO THERE, was pinned down and couldn't do shit. Bad guy had everyone by the balls and it looked like game over time for everyone.

She went into that knowing that, even though there's lil chance of her succeeding, if she was ever going to confess that would be the last chance she got. She also knew that Naruto being pinned down = everyone's gonna get got by Pain.

So yeaaaah ... it was either sit back and die on the side lines (like everyone else) or try your hardest to make your few moments left COUNT by trying to save your loved one or at least facing death with that weight of your secret feelings off your shoulders.

It's kinda like saying it's "wreckless" to try to save some one in a event where you're gonna VERY likely die regardless of your next few actions. Just so happened that Hinata's actions lead to a table turning event.

Yeah, I'll admit, that was a bit hyperbolic on my part. But mainly, though, I more or less disagreed with HOW she handled it. Granted, you can't make a plan up on the fly, or an effective one at the least, when you see your crush moments away from being killed (unless your Itachi or Minato apparently), but I would've prefered her to do something else than just attack, attack, attack, when she's been shown she's way smarter than that.

I guess that little inconsistency in her character that made me catagorize it as "reckless".

Wiseblade

Shokugeki no Soma 11

yJNLjRL.png

This is finally getting interesting! The preparation for the battle was great to watch, if only because he didn't get it right for the first time. I really wonder if this kind of battle is going to become a thing, where Souma gathers lots of people around him and gets them to join the Don RS.

That moment where you see all the potential before it's squandered is the best~

Yeah, I'll admit, that was a bit hyperbolic on my part. But mainly, though, I more or less disagreed with HOW she handled it. Granted, you can't make a plan up on the fly, or an effective one at the least, when you see your crush moments away from being killed (unless your Itachi or Minato apparently), but I would've prefered her to do something else than just attack, attack, attack, when she's been shown she's way smarter than that.

I guess that little inconsistency in her character that made me catagorize it as "reckless".

Well at this point there's nothing much she COULD do.

She's a hand-to-hand fighter and she's fighting against hex powers .... and everyone else is just sitting around waiting to die or trying to get the play-by-play from someone who can sense/ see it.

She tries to free Naruto from the rods (they added that part into the anime to make it clearer) but when that was a no-go it was time for the "if I'm gonna die I'm gonna go down fighting!" route.

Erigu

I watch the Naruto Road to Ninja Movie the other day (it was abysmal btw., don't even bother with it) and I laughed pretty hard at how useless and annoying she was but it shouldn't have come as a surprise, the story writer was Kishimoto himself after all.
Two details about Sakura in that movie that I thought were astounding:

1) She yells at and complains about her parents because she feels they're embarrassing her -> Naruto tells her that it really isn't that big of a deal, I mean, at least she has pa... -> SHUT UP NARUTO WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HOW I FEEL
Yep, it didn't occur to her that Naruto was an orphan (or maybe it did, and that's why he wouldn't know...? heh).
Oh, and she never apologizes for that.

2) When Naruto and Sakura end up in a world where Naruto's parents survived and it's Sakura's parents who sacrificed their lives for the village, Sakura's first reaction to coming back to an empty house is one of glee: "weeee! I get to do whatever I want! I have the house all to myself!"
As I watched the movie, I thought "oh, Sakura hasn't connected the dots yet... she knows her parents are heroes, but doesn't yet realize they're dead: she just thinks they're away, busy being heroes or something... and when she comes to realize what's really going on, she'll finally understand how Naruto felt back in the original world."
That moment of realization never came. Turns out I was mistaken: Sakura never thought her parents were simply away for ninja business. She simply was ecstatic they were dead. Weeee!

Oh, and the movie was deliciously idiotic overall. You can tell the last reveal was rewritten fairly late in the game, and nobody bothered to wonder if the plot still made some kind of sense.

Sun-Ken Rock 123

That was a good conclusion to an arc that dragged on just a little too long. A part of me really wishes that Ban would survive it after all, but he got pretty much massacred. I'd say that Yumin's and Ken's relationship is going to stay pretty much the same, they might even work together to bring the clan down.

Why I couldn't care less about the OP break, SKR being on a break for two issues(!) is terrible. I hope Boichi and his team are getting some rest.

Akito

Two details about Sakura in that movie that I thought were astounding:

1) She yells at and complains about her parents because she feels they're embarrassing her -> Naruto tells her that it really isn't that big of a deal, I mean, at least she has pa... -> SHUT UP NARUTO WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HOW I FEEL
Yep, it didn't occur to her that Naruto was an orphan (or maybe it did, and that's why he wouldn't know...? heh).
Oh, and she never apologizes for that.

2) When Naruto and Sakura end up in a world where Naruto's parents survived and it's Sakura's parents who sacrificed their lives for the village, Sakura's first reaction to coming back to an empty house is one of glee: "weeee! I get to do whatever I want! I have the house all to myself!"
As I watched the movie, I thought "oh, Sakura hasn't connected the dots yet... she knows her parents are heroes, but doesn't yet realize they're dead: she just thinks they're away, busy being heroes or something... and when she comes to realize what's really going on, she'll finally understand how Naruto felt back in the original world."
That moment of realization never came. Turns out I was mistaken: Sakura never thought her parents were simply away for ninja business. She simply was ecstatic they were dead. Weeee!

Oh, and the movie was deliciously idiotic overall. You can tell the last reveal was rewritten fairly late in the game, and nobody bothered to wonder if the plot still made some kind of sense.
Haha yes, it's like Kishi is not even trying anymore. The most amazing thing about the movie is
the fact that he brought back Akatsuki not once but twice
, gotta fill those fanservice quota.

Road to ninja spoilers? :(
Sakura being useless, news at eleven.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All that art man.

Not everyone can be gods like murata and draw 24/7.

Plus it might have something to do with the scanlation team.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
One Chapter A Month Piece

Poor OP fans, first their taste is confused then they don't even get to 'enjoy' their suspect manga. :DTL

Shokugeki no Soma 11

http://i.imgur.com/yJNLjRL.png[/IM]

This is finally getting interesting! The preparation for the battle was great to watch, if only because he didn't get it right for the first time. I really wonder if this kind of battle is going to become a thing, where Souma gathers lots of people around him and gets them to join the Don RS.[/QUOTE]

I think itd be more interesting if he forms his own club.

One Chapter A Month Piece

Poor OP fans, first their taste is confused then they don't even get to 'enjoy' their suspect manga. :DTL

And people laughed at Bass and told him today wouldn't be Wednesday. Who's laughing now?!

I think itd be more interesting if he forms his own club.

I like the idea of Souma salvaging the historical Don RS, something Erina tried to destroy so viciously.

Antiwhippy

I know, but thinking about it, it's probably going to be another manga that won't get completed in my lifetime. At least we have somewhat steady releases these days.

I think it might be nearing the end to be honest, seeing that the white dragon clan is directly involved now. Especially seeing that ken has his secret revealed to yumin.

Probably won't end at the next arc, but probably soon.

I think it might be nearing the end to be honest, seeing that the white dragon clan is directly involved now. Especially seeing that ken has his secret revealed to yumin.

Probably won't end at the next arc, but probably soon.

123 chapters in 7 years. Your "soon" might as well be in the next 5 years.

Kurita

I'm sure some people are still waiting for Golgo 13 to end.
Though I assume it's like Kochikame where the characters don't age.

Antiwhippy

I didn't even know it existed, until Glass Mask (lol) posted the cover art, let alone that it's a 37 years old series. Damn.

37 years, that's like the combined age of 3 Call of Duty players in one room.

You should read it man, I can honestly say that it's the best manga I have ever read.

Erigu

(Why do I even reply?)
Road to ninja spoilers? :(
Nothing you wouldn't know already from that tie-in Sakura episode that aired a while back...

Haha yes, it's like Kishi is not even trying anymore. The most amazing thing about the movie is
the fact that he brought back Akatsuki not once but twice
, gotta fill those fanservice quota.
And even ignoring all the (il)logical implications of both scenes, I loved how the first one only served to have Sakura feeling embarrassed by her parents in front of her friends. I mean, that really was the only purpose of that sequence, plot-wise. Unbelievable.

You should read it man, I can honestly say that it's the best manga I have ever read.

Only 210 chapters?! The heck? I expected some monster like Ippo or Conan. It's not even that impossible to catch up to it. But the shojo art is really something that's going to be art to stomach.

wonzo

Banned
Spider-Man 13-14 END

Wow, that was one bloody way to end a series. The ending wasn't as definite as I was expecting but it was definitely a pretty sweet way of driving home the entire message of the series, how power drives the inner beast in everyone to do some truly unspeakable things.

This series might be really dumb at times (especially at the beginning) but the fantastic art and the truly awesome moments more than make up for it and really do make this an entertaining read. Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom