• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The group been dead for like 8 months now and I guess other groups don't want to "steal" the series from them.

edit: the second volume has only been out for 2 months, so maybe other groups are waiting or something. I'm personally hoping Punpun's translator would pick it up. The guy does amazing job.

According to Baka-Updates, the group who did A Girl by the Sea is busy with Green Blood right now, so that might be the reason.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=44134

Actually I haven't read Ass Class yet so I wouldn't now lol.

You'll see him struggle a bit but its more of him being slowly humbled by other people and actually worrying that he will have to bring his A game if he's to survive.
There is a reason why his dad left, although even then that still seems methodical and in danger of wearing out really soon.

Also I say the stakes needs to be shuffled a bit to keep it exciting.

1. Don't bother with Ass Class.

2. I never really thought about why his father left, but it's good to hear that it gets explained soon.

I just finished Shokugeki no Soma 8 and once again it was kind of boring. I'm more surprised that he didn't outright win, but a tie against one of the elite 10 is already pretty ridiculous. "It wasn't much" is a great summary for this chapter. Maybe I should stop focusing so much on the cooking and challenges and pay more attention to the explanation that comes after the cooking. It always sounds so good ...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
K3E5Cig.png
z7e1lfs.png

Sisterism - Yoshitomi Akihito

Ecchi comedy about two best friends who are in love with each other's little sister. The main selling point are the derp faces you get from the two main leads whenever an opportunity presents itself for the girls to imagine something lewd about their love interest. Only 4 chapters in and my sides are killing me.

survivor

Banned
According to Baka-Updates, the group who did A Girl by the Sea is busy with Green Blood right now, so that might be the reason.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=44134
Green Blood is a joint and the other group is doing all the work now. The core guy behind Girl by the Sea's translation group has been away from the scene for months and I believe he is the one responsible for all their translations so without him they can't do much.

Kusagari

Aunt Tits 79

Minamoto finally decides to stop acting like a crazed sex fiend when he's actually about to get some.

Why am I not surprised?

Green Blood is a joint and the other group is doing all the work now. The core guy behind Girl by the Sea's translation group has been away from the scene for months and I believe he is the one responsible for all their translations so without him they can't do much.

That's disappointing to hear. I don't think I'll touch a manga from Asano that isn't completed. Not after how the first volume of Solanin ended.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 41

Nice to see Shizuku grow and realize what she did wrong. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this fight as resolved.

Articalys

Sket Dance 240

Lol, the kusoge club.

Sket Dance 241

Oh my god, oh my god, a flashback arc!!!!!!!!!!

Also, so that's how she got her nickname, Captain.

Sket Dance 242

Oh man, I'm so excited about this arc. Looks like it's basically a continuation of the first Switch arc. All my hype!
I just wish that the people working on this series were going at a faster pace than less than one chapter per week. They'll never catch up at this rate, and after seeing the efforts that the group doing Magi went to to catch up to it, it's unfortunate.

Ideally Punpun should be the next Asano manga to read since it's ending around November/December.

For some reason I honestly thought that Asano wasn't working on anything right now and that all of his other series that get mentioned in here, were already completed (especially punpun!). This is really weird, maybe I should start to inform myself about the author, if I'm interested in his work. But yeah, Punpun is already on my list, so I was going to read it at some point anyway. I just wasn't sure if I'd like the weird setting with the bird, which is why I pushed it back a little.

I just wish that the people working on this series were going at a faster pace than less than one chapter per week. They'll never catch up at this rate, and after seeing the efforts that the group doing Magi went to to catch up to it, it's unfortunate.

To be fair, there's A LOT of text.

Shokugeki no Soma 9-10

DB8eYMs.jpg

Could this finally get somewhere? I like that the challenges are something more of a spectacle than some in-house cooking show off, like in the previous chapter. Erina seems to be a real bitch and I can't wait for Souma to serve her something amazing that will shut her up for a while again. But I'm mostly happy about the faked result of the cooking match against the 7th seat. Like I said earlier, it would've been ridiculous. After this, I really can't wait for the battle against Ikumi.

Food Smut

Shokugeki no Soma 9-10

DB8eYMs.jpg

Could this finally get somewhere? I like that the challenges are something more of a spectacle than some in-house cooking show off, like in the previous chapter. Erina seems to be a real bitch and I can't wait for Souma to serve her something amazing that will shut her up for a while again. But I'm mostly happy about the faked result of the cooking match against the 7th seat. Like I said earlier, it would've been ridiculous. After this, I really can't wait for the battle against Ikumi.

I was about to say that he was apparently holding back but he seems to actually love soma's dish regardless.

But this will be the start and a later scene will kinda add more weight to that match being not as serious.

Anata no Jinsei Hikiukemasu! 1 -5 (end)
tumblr_mn4p32q4vS1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

FInally decided to read this as I had an open spot this evening and needed a break from Beldr(d3) in DeSuOC. Anata was a really great and focused series with an excellent ending chapter bringing together the two lead characters and their love with a great confessional and action. Over the course of this story between editor and manga artist, the writer slowly introduced the characters and throwing in tiny moments of some budding romance between them to finally make it nearly explode three fourths of the way through but then to be halted. I liked how it was done as it added some drama and really developed Rui who hadnt experienced love before. Anyway the art was nice at times and pretty funny, making Rui and his assistant look like animals at various times. I dont know it was funny. Really good story from Chara, as usual.

I read fairy tail seriously week in and week out, yeah it's average but its always consistent. I look forward to reading Fairy Tail each week way more then Naruto.

Jarmel

Banned
Deadman Wonderland 55-

Wow, really a fantastic chapter. I still hate Manglobe for fucking this up as the story is actually really interesting.

wonzo

Banned
Spider-Man 8

Holy shit, this chapter's one big melting pot of puberty, sex, drugs and the corrupting nature of these newly gained superpowers. What really makes it work is some of the truly great art featured throughout this ~180 page chapter which gives this a really trippy feel to it. Hell, it's really the only chapter that's actually made better thanks to the less than coherent sense of pacing. Damn good stuff.

Spider-Man 8

Holy shit, this chapter's one big melting pot of puberty, sex, drugs and the corrupting nature of these newly gained superpowers. What really makes it work is some of the truly great art featured throughout this ~180 page chapter which gives this a really trippy feel to it. Hell, it's really the only chapter that's actually made better thanks to the less than coherent sense of pacing. Damn good stuff.

I actually like this version of Spider-Man better than the crap we have now.

Spider-Man 9-12

This kinda lost steam for a bit after Chapter 9 but chapter 12 more than made up for that. This is some hardcore psychological shit right here.
rip rumi ;_;

That looks pretty badass. Somehow I can't wait to read it, even after the really awful first three chapters.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Series: Naruto
Character: Sakura Haruno
Why she doesn't deserve the hate: Outside of the whole Kage Summit arc, I really don't have a problem with her. The author is sexist in general and treats his women like dogshit, so it's really no surprise she doesn't get the spotlight often. She's a character with a lot potential, if developed properly, but good lord, some of fandom hates her with a passion and I"m sitting here thinking..."come the fuck on."

Come The Fuck On

Wiseblade

I thought Ultimate Spider-Man was great?

Ultimate Spider-Man is basically an alternate reality reboot. Like DC's New52 except if the oldDC was still running at the same time.

I'll stand by that shit till the day I die, son!

She's not that great of a character (hell, the only characters I actually outright love are Kakashi, Minato and Orochimaru) but I believe her hate is waaaaaay too out there.

She's done dumber stuff than just that. Don't use Kishimoto's misogyny as a defence.

Ultimate Spider-Man is basically an alternate reality reboot. Like DC's New52 except if the oldDC was still running at the same time.

There are two Spider-Man series currently running and echo is criticizing the normal series, while you always shop the Ultimate version around?

See, this is why the Marvel/DC stuff sucks.

I'll stand by that shit till the day I die, son!

She's not that great of a character (hell, the only characters I actually outright love are Kakashi, Minato and Orochimaru) but I believe her hate is waaaaaay too out there.

While I agree that some people's hate for her is a little bit too much, she is fucking useless after all. She hasn't done anything meaningful since she defeated that Akatsuki kid. And I'm pretty sure that most of the haters would agree with you, when it comes to Kishimoto being sexist.

There are two Spider-Man series currently running and echo is criticizing the normal series, while you always shop the Ultimate version around?

See, this is why the Marvel/DC stuff sucks.

While I agree that some people's hate for her is a little bit too much, she is fucking useless after all. She hasn't done anything meaningful since she defeated that Akatsuki kid. And I'm pretty sure that most of the haters would agree with you, when it comes to Kishimoto being sexist.

Since when was saving Naruto and Hinata's life considered "meaningless"?

You know, since if it wasn't for her they both would've, I don't know, died.

You could replace Sakura with a nameless Medic ninja and nothing would change.

Also lol at saving anyone.

I'm a Sakura hater, I'll be honest.

It takes a special type of character to make me actually HATE them but Kishi somehow managed it with Sakura.

I mean I dislike Hinamori from Bleach a ton but even her level of fail doesn't come close to Sakura's.

Why did you die Neji? You should have used Substitution with Sakura. That or Kakashi should have let the Juubi's wood spike hit her.

I can already imagine what happens when Sauce appears on the battlefield and says he is on their side. EWW >.<

Mael

When did Sakura save Hinata?
When did Sakura do anything worth anything?
Heck even on the bridge when Naruto went on a rampage she did jackshit.
Hisoka in the CA arc of HxH is more useful than this waste of ink and paper.

I'm sorry, when exactly did that happen?

e: And I chuckled at the thought of Naruto dying.

Right after Hinata got roflstomped for doing something wreckless and stupid, Sakura saved her from bleeding to death. Although, how she survived from being stabbed point-blank by a guy who fully intended for her to die is Kishimoto logic.

You could replace Sakura with a nameless Medic ninja and nothing would change.

Also lol at saving anyone.

I'm a Sakura hater, I'll be honest.

It takes a special type of character to make me actually HATE them but Kishi somehow managed it with Sakura.

I mean I dislike Hinamori from Bleach a ton but even her level of fail doesn't come close to Sakura's.

Why did you die Neji? You should have used Substitution with Sakura. That or Kakashi should have let the Juubi's wood spike hit her.

I can already imagine what happens when Sauce appears on the battlefield and says he is on their side. EWW >.<

And posts like these are why I don't take many haters seriously. Really?

Any medic ninja and nothing would change? So you're forgetting that Sakura managed to make an antidote for a poison previously thought uncurable? But let's totally ignore that because it's cool to hate on the character.

I don't care if you don't like her (to a certain extent depending on the reasons) but you're basically denying her feats on complete and total bullshit claims.

Whether or not you genuinely forgot or you're dismissing what she has done, doesn't really matter. You're still wrong regardless.

I'm sorry, it's hard to hear you over the sound of Sakura's lust for uchiha sausage, even after Sasuke promised to kill her.

And who said I was defending her for THAT. I've called her out on that several times in this thread.

I'm more talking about the more nuanced dumbshit that keeps getting said that doesn't match up to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom