• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Only 210 chapters?! The heck? I expected some monster like Ippo or Conan. It's not even that impossible to catch up to it. But the shojo art is really something that's going to be art to stomach.

Well to be fair it was published in a bi-monthly and a monthly magazine.
It also had a 12 years break.

Wiseblade

Only 210 chapters?! The heck? I expected some monster like Ippo or Conan. It's not even that impossible to catch up to it. But the shojo art is really something that's going to be art to stomach.

I think it had a decade hiatus at some point. I actually haven't read it either, but starting now sounds like fun.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

tumblr_lplexaLlkJ1qlsr9lo1_1280.jpg

C'mon, you can't say no to those eyes.

Antiwhippy

Glass Mask 1 (a bit more)

So much melodrama! This is going to be fun.

Dude.

You're not even scratching the surface of the melodrama.

Also, try reading to at least the Regional drama competition, which is the beginning of vol 4. I usually find that's the arc to find out whether you want to stick with it or not. It made me fall in love with the story.

Antiwhippy

I'm not saying to read all of it in one sitting. Just give it a shot.

It's definitely something that I've had on my list for awhile now, but I've decided to put it off to a time when I'll have at least a week free to do whatever I want. When I get into a series I really get into it.

He's so moe.

It's a real thing and I really want it for some reason!

berlusconimangaq3x45.jpg

trama: Silvio è un bambino con tanti sogni e tanti amici di giochi, un giorno Raffa le appare in sogno dopo che il bambino l'ha vista in televisone, e gli da consigli su come fare tanti soldini.
It's basically an autobiographical manga about him.

I hope Lain can tell us more about it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I shouldn't have to think this much.

I feel like we should talk to girls the same way we order from McDonalds. When you walk in and they say "How can I help you?" you don't stand there and pretend you ain't hungry. No you say "Give me a ten piece nugget and a sweet tea!" and the person behind the register doesn't say "But don't you wanna get to know me before you order?!"

Fuck no. Give me my food!

Now you might say "Oh, it's all about the way you say it!" Oh, word? What's the best way to tell a girl "Don't come to my crib unless we fucking?"

So we have to sacrifice the things we wanna tell you for the sake of your feelings and lie to you to keep you "happy". Wonder why we lie so much? There you go.

I love you

Antiwhippy

Brot if you think the Berlusconi manga is weird than you definitely should read the mein kampf manga adaptation, which is pretty damn weird as far as mangas about poilitcal leaders go.

I8Yx8D4.png

Brot if you think the Berlusconi manga is weird than you definitely should read the mein kampf manga adaptation, which is pretty damn weird as far as mangas about poilitcal leaders go.

I8Yx8D4.png

Is that the one where he transforms into a SSJ?

And honestly, I don't know if I'd really want to read that. Berlusconi is a dictator, sure, but at least he left out the genocide of a huge population. And his life seems to be a bit more interesting (and probably better documented than Hitler's).

http://i.imgur.com/I8Yx8D4.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Legend of Koizumi is more weird.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G78bcXl.png

Antiwhippy

Is that the one where he transforms into a SSJ?

Nah, that's the Legend of Koizumi, which is about world leaders battling for power with Mahjong, which is a fucking phenomenal manga.

That's just a straight adaptation of mein kampf, which is pretty weird if you ask me.

Oh man at Erigu´s post. SMH sakura.

Sakura was suppose to surpass Tsunade

I remember vividly what Kakashin said that Sakura with her medical skills, and inhuman power, she´s very good with genjutsu, and she will surpass Tsunade. That would have been great and consistent with new generation surpassing old generation. Naruto surpassed Jiraya, Sasuke surpassed Orochimaru, yet Sakura did not surpass Tsunade yet. She can recognize and dispel genjutsu, but she never cast one on enemies. Kishimoto neglected her character fully and made her useless.
I wish we could come up with a new clever name for it, kinda like Hiatus x Hiatus.
one break ;)

Nah, that's the Legend of Koizumi, which is about world leaders battling for power with Mahjong, which is a fucking phenomenal manga.

That's just a straight adaptation of mein kampf, which is pretty weird if you ask me.

Yeah, I know about the book and I honestly don't have any desire to read it, not even in manga form. I'd rather marathon Wolf Guy again.

one break ;)

That's a good one.

Shokugeki no Soma 12-13

xKZ9ZsX.png

That was a good battle, I really liked it. The entrance scene for both was pretty funny, with all the students still booing at Souma. And damn, Ikumi, put some clothes on! :lol

The moment when Souma packed out the super cheap meat was just fantastic, especially after all the drama Ikumi went through to slice her perfect piece. I gotta say though, I hate when they explain all the food. I'm so damn hungry right now and I won't be eating something for another 3 hours! I should read something different ...

Shokugeki no Soma 12-13

xKZ9ZsX.png

That was a good battle, I really liked it. The entrance scene for both was pretty funny, with all the students still booing at Souma. And damn, Ikumi, put some clothes on! :lol

The moment when Souma packed out the super cheap meat was just fantastic, especially after all the drama Ikumi went through to slice her perfect piece. I gotta say though, I hate when they explain all the food. I'm so damn hungry right now and I won't be eating something for another 3 hours! I should read something different ...

One of the issues of reading food manga lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom