• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So kawaii~

yuliatymoshenko2.jpg

Lain

Haven't done this in a while, so with all my manga received (well, still missing 1 volume) I thought, why not?
Too many volumes for me to make a worthwhile showoff of my monthly pick-ups so here's a shitty pic of the whole thing:
cYo.jpg

And a shittier looking highlight of the two Amanchu! (it's soooo good) copies I bought:
dYo.jpg

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

Jintor

My memory tells me that book 2 was probably one of the best flat out seasons of anything I've ever seen. I haven't seen it in years though.

Haven't done this in a while, so with all my manga received (well, still missing 1 volume) I thought, why not?
Too many volumes for me to make a worthwhile showoff of my monthly pick-ups so here's a shitty pic of the whole thing:
http://i.picpar.com/cYo.jpg[/ig]

And a shittier looking highlight of the two Amanchu! (it's soooo good) copies I bought:
[img]http://i.picpar.com/dYo.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

Your stack of unread Manga must be huge.

http://www.shonenjump.com/j/informa...0241;載について
So One Piece is on a hiatus this week and next week as well (Issue #26 & 27), Oda is apparently sick or something like that?

ibiawokUO3dkux.jpg

So Magi and OP are out for the next two weeks? FUUUUUUUUUDGE!

Though Naruto is picking up and Bleach has been solid for the past 2-3 months so ill remain optimistic.

And people laughed at Bass and told him today wouldn't be Wednesday. Who's laughing now?

Haha Tuesday really is warm up for Wednesday here.

Also count me in as a person who says that "Sakura is fucking useless" I even got two fans at work to agree with me based upon her manga appearance. They mostly watch the anime apparently she does more in filler but that isn't part of the Kishi's story. For all that people rag on Fairy Tail and Bleach at least their female characters who are hyped as "will be useful" actually do things.

Hell Sakura isn't even good for fan service, unless you like big foreheads.

survivor

Banned
http://i.picpar.com/cYo.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.picpar.com/dYo.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
I think you buy more manga than the entire NA market.

I can only recognize Giant Killing from the top stack.

I've heard multiple times that the story is actually pretty good, but every time I see one of those gifs, all I can think about is "god, it looks so cheap and bad". Maybe I should watch the live action movie instead.

DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Their is a reason fans don't even fucking acknowledge that thing.

Haha Tuesday really is warm up for Wednesday here.

Also count me in as a person who says that "Sakura is fucking useless" I even got two fans at work to agree with me based upon her manga appearance. They mostly watch the anime apparently she does more in filler but that isn't part of the Kishi's story. For all that people rag on Fairy Tail and Bleach at least their female characters who are hyped as "will be useful" actually do things.

Hell Sakura isn't even good for fan service, unless you like big foreheads.

Sometimes I really wonder why Kishi even created her. Even Hinata has bigger boobs than her (in the anime at least)

I think you buy more manga than the entire NA market.

I can only recognize Giant Killing from the top stack.

It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.

Oh no Oda. I hope he gave his assistants a detailed outline of the rest of the story and character designs....

I know you weren't being serious, but I think all of his assistants know at least the ending.

My memory tells me that book 2 was probably one of the best flat out seasons of anything I've ever seen. I haven't seen it in years though.
Avatat the last airbender was good. I think I did four rewatches so far. Season one was kind of slow but had Jet so it was awesome. Season 2 and 3 are where the series took off, Zuko Aang were greatly developed, the synchronized dragon thing, and Jet Zuko too. One of the better cartoons my generation.

Wiseblade

I've heard multiple times that the story is actually pretty good, but every time I see one of those gifs, all I can think about is "god, it looks so cheap and bad". Maybe I should watch the live action movie instead.

This really looks cheap to you?

ib0o5slJHmdAu2.gif

And NEVER WATCH THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE

Jintor

Toph blasting the shit out of the Dai Li under Ba Sing Se near the end of S2 is goddamn amazing. So is the final fight in the courtyard at the end of Season 3.

It's pretty good for what it is, the show not the movie the film sucks ass and assumes you've seen the show. I've never sat down and watched a:tla series from beginning to end but I've seen most of the show and for what it's trying to be its good enough. It's cast is pretty diverse, the story moves at a nice pace, and the action is well done.

I feel like its huge popularity spike came from people who don't read/watch any manga/anime getting a taste of something with a bit more substance compared to the animated shows their used to watching. Despite that I can still recommend it there are certainly far worse things out there.

This really looks cheap to you?

ib0o5slJHmdAu2.gif

And NEVER WATCH THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE

Not that particular scene, but almost all the reaction gifs you posted made me think that. You know, when you think about it, it's pretty much your fault that I won't watch the series. Kinda funny how that goes, isn't it?

survivor

Banned
Japan Tengu Party Illustrated Complete

Now that I've finished this I have become a Tengu. Read it and you can be a Tengu too!

I gave this manga two tries in the past and I always stop after couple of volumes. There is something about the way it's presented (not necessarily just the art style) that makes it very hard for me to read.

Stinky

Great Teacher Onizuka v1-6

AssClass wishes it was this manga.

Funny, relatable, and the greatest main character ever. It was so awesome when Onizuka got to the test and after he finished it the pigtails girl gained consciousness and revealed he been SHOT THREE TIMES.

What a boss.

EDIT: Also it is reallly similar to Golden Boy. The way the women are drawn, the main character, the humour. I thought I was being dumb and OF COURSE the same mangaka must be behind both of them, but it turns out that isnt true?

flawfuls

I gave this manga two tries in the past and I always stop after couple of volumes. There is something about the way it's presented (not necessarily just the art style) that makes it very hard for me to read.

Haha yeah it's a kind of a hard manga to get through. I didn't really enjoy that much the first time I read it, but I some fell in love with it my second time through. It's a much nicer experience when you aren't spending so much effort just trying to follow what is going on.

survivor

Banned
Great Teacher Onizuka v1-6

AssClass wishes it was this manga.

Funny, relatable, and the greatest main character ever. It was so awesome when Onizuka got to the test and after he finished it the pigtails girl gained consciousness and revealed he been SHOT THREE TIMES.

What a boss.

EDIT: Also it is reallly similar to Golden Boy. The way the women are drawn, the main character, the humour. I thought I was being dumb and OF COURSE the same mangaka must be behind both of them, but it turns out that isnt true?

The guy that made GTO was assistant to the guy that made Golden Boy.

survivor

Banned
Pheonix by Tezuka as well
Yeah, that's probably the most famous example. Although to be honest Phoenix doesn't have a structured narrative so it's not like we are missing out on the ending to the story.

You don't know Cat's Eye?
Never heard of it.

Haha yeah it's a kind of a hard manga to get through. I didn't really enjoy that much the first time I read it, but I some fell in love with it my second time through. It's a much nicer experience when you aren't spending so much effort just trying to follow what is going on.

Maybe I will try to read it for a third time at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom