• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I just hate YGO on principle. A children's card game, secretly invented by egyptian sorcerers that gets used to decide the fate of the world? No thanks.

Which is odd, considering I actually play the game...

They butched it up by playing on motorcycles. What more do you want?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really hope Food Smut gets an anime. It would be the most hilarious thing ever trying to explain it to people - "No, the food gives her orgasms."

Desmond

Random Bleach question. Anyone else think that black haired Shinigami was Ginjo, or was he killed this chapter too?

Lol, that Quincy woman looked like Jackie too. Sameface

Steroyd

AKB49 - Volume 2

XeNpPZ5.jpg

Oh damn, the stakes have been set and shit just got real.

Shouta

Question for you folks, is Kure-nai worth reading? I watched the anime back when it aired but can't remember how it was. Is the manga an entertaining read?

Also, thanks Shouta for recommending Kono S wo, mi yo! earlier in this thread. It's fantastic.

You'll dig Sakuranbo Syndrome and Nijidama (though they're unfinished, I think), as it's the author's prior works. Nijidama is my favorite overall, I think.

Oh my. I don't know how he's gonna continue it though. The JPs on that page were thinking that too, lol.

Akito

216 PPI is more than sufficient for manga to be perfectly readable I find.
Not always, as I said something text heavy like Bakuman or Molester Man is only readable if you hold the tablet sideways (at least for me) or are willing to constantly zoom in and out.

I did use my 7" tablet for a year and was pretty satisfied with it but once I started using 10", I could not go back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Koe no Katachi - first 30 pages so far reminds me of the first 15 minutes of the Kotoura-san anime
KuGsj.gif

Noirulus

You'll dig Sakuranbo Syndrome and Nijidama (though they're unfinished, I think), as it's the author's prior works. Nijidama is my favorite overall, I think.

I've read Sakuranbo Syndrome some time back and it didn't really take off for me. I did enjoy OrexYome a lot, though. Had no idea Kono S existed til I saw your post, so I'm glad you mentioned it.

I'll check out Nijidama, but it looks dead translation wise. :( Only 9/56 chapters TL'd.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not always, as I said something text heavy like Bakuman or Molester Man is only readable if you hold the tablet sideways (at least for me) or are willing to constantly zoom in and out.

I did use my 7" tablet for a year and was pretty satisfied with it but once I started using 10", I could not go back.

I don't really have any problems with those mangas, but it depends entirely on what your tolerances are I guess.

Funny thing about the last part is that it was the complete opposite for me. :p

wonzo

Banned
Oh my. I don't know how he's gonna continue it though. The JPs on that page were thinking that too, lol.
Yeah, unless she restarts it from the beginning again I don't really see where you would go after that. Maybe flashbacks or high-school drama but I'm sure the hearing aids would've kicked in by then so. ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Akito

Btw anyone here who wants a Steam key for Sword & Sworcery? I figured I could ask here first before having to dig out the freebie thread.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
To be fair, he looked a lot like a curly-headed Ginjo. Didn't Ginjo tell Ichigo he knew some secret about Isshin, or was he all talk?
Okay, well, there might be a small reason to think this, you're right. But I don't think he looked like him.

For some reason, I feel like it's because Ginjo is related to the Shiba clan in some way. That's why he knows about Isshin. It's no coincidence that the Shiba clan was shown to have taken in Ginjou and crew right before Ichigo went to the Royal Palace.

survivor

Banned
Omamorishimasu, Dokomademo vol 1 End

1. befriend rich lonely boy
2. become his bodyguard
3. kiss him
4. acquire money and fame

That pretty much sums up the romance plotline of this manga. The manga juggled too many subplots and felt unfocused. It could probably have been told better if some of the fat was trimmed or if it got a second volume. For one thing, Tetsuhito had a lot of depth and should have played a bigger role instead of just being the lazy rich character. Junko's art was good.

Angry Grimace

The same way most one shots get serialized, I imagine. The story will be different in a way that allows the author to tell a longer story.

Fairy Tail v 23

Have a huge stack of all these manga over the months thats been accumulating so I need to get through them all, though starting what what I got earlier this month I think. Anyway Edolas final moments is still my favorite fight in the whole series, Natsu just never backing down at all even when their magic is depleting, Marvell and Redfox both aiding in this pure unadulturated Dragon Slayer v Dragon fight was just plain enjoyable from each of the multie chapters it lasted. I cant wait for the day to experience this same excitement again once Kodansha brings the Sting Natsu fight of the current arc out here. Bonuses, Mashima picked out good fanart to showcase there and profiles on many of the Exceed was a bit intense.

-
And got some manga today. I guess its kind of a double dip on Evangelion, have the special edition volumes already, but now the ultra good omnibus.
tumblr_mjmjgrVIcC1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Jintor

I'm just trying to figure out a way to read Horimiya and Swagamoto on it, since the thing I'm using doesn't return recently-released series for some reason...

Omamorishimasu, Dokomademo vol 1 End

1. befriend rich lonely boy
2. become his bodyguard
3. kiss him
4. acquire money and fame

That pretty much sums up the romance plotline of this manga. The manga juggled too many subplots and felt unfocused. It could probably have been told better if some of the fat was trimmed or if it got a second volume. For one thing, Tetsuhito had a lot of depth and should have played a bigger role instead of just being the lazy rich character. Junko's art was good.

A second volume or some extras would have been good too have, ah and the other bodyguard should have had a chapter or something too, he was quite a character.

Shouta

I've read Sakuranbo Syndrome some time back and it didn't really take off for me. I did enjoy OrexYome a lot, though. Had no idea Kono S existed til I saw your post, so I'm glad you mentioned it.

I'll check out Nijidama, but it looks dead translation wise. :( Only 9/56 chapters TL'd.

I guess I should pick up Nijidama again sometime. It's a fantastic 7 volume manga. <3 Asami

Yeah, unless she restarts it from the beginning again I don't really see where you would go after that. Maybe flashbacks or high-school drama but I'm sure the hearing aids would've kicked in by then so. &#12541;( ´¬`)&#12494;

Probably like Grimace says, restart it in a way that allows the writer to make a longer version. I'd hope for a different approach, more about telling a lot of singular stories instead of just one.

I'm happy Sakuranbo got picked up again. The yearlong wait was too much.

Akito

Some estimated sale figures because these volumes didn't make the Oricon top 50

Cross Manage 1: 14,000~16,000
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san 1: 8000~10,000
Retsu!! Date-senpai 2: Less than 5000

Bomba!

And it doesn't look like Hungry Joker will be a smashing hit either.

survivor

Banned
The Earl and the Fairy vol 1
2pScAXN.jpg

This manga is really bad with its exposition dumps. It keeps throwing dialogues heavy pages explaining about the origins of fairies and the backstory for Edgar, but they just don't flow that well and more often than not very confusing. Had to some of the pages twice in order to understand just what they explained, plus it didn't help that the font used for the stories is barely readable.

The lore of the universe, especially the fairies was intriguing but we never got any good explanations of how the whole system works. And for a manga about fairies, the first volume didn't show any fairies outside of the talking cat the MC owns. And that cat did jackshit. Anyway, I will keep reading to see what's the mystery behind Edgar, but the first volume wasn't particularly good and I don't have high hopes that the manga will improve.

Guess theres goes all chances for an english languard print volume license or release. Why does JPN let such good series fall to the side, Barrage, ST&RS, Hungry Joker, Takamagahara. So glad World Trigger, Haikyuu!!, and Shokugeki no Soma, and Psi Kusuo are performing well.

Angry Grimace

I guess I should pick up Nijidama again sometime. It's a fantastic 7 volume manga. <3 Asami

Probably like Grimace says, restart it in a way that allows the writer to make a longer version. I'd hope for a different approach, more about telling a lot of singular stories instead of just one.

One Shots often have very little to do with the serialized work other than the characters and basic premise, really.

Where were you the last months, we had those all the time.

We have those whenever discussion about TWGOK pops up.

I mean more as a "permanent" fixture

Bomba!

I guess this party is over.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Bomba!

So many bombs!
Cross Manage is pretty dead now. Viz sure knows how to pick them huh? With World Trigger being duuuuuull, I don't see that lasting either.
So, who wants to bet Kiruko-san will start going into cheap fanservice in hopes of boosting the ratings?

So many bombs!
Cross Manage is pretty dead now. Viz sure knows how to pick them huh? With World Trigger being duuuuuull, I don't see that lasting either.
So, who wants to bet Kiruko-san will start going into cheap fanservice in hopes of boosting the ratings?

I thought viz had chose cross manage in an attempt to diversify the line up, though I wonder if they recognized its lack of appeal and then insisted on trying to get nisekoi to have some none action series.

Lain

Jormungand volume 3
c8m.jpg

The past encounter between Jonah and koko's brother was both sad and cool, though I feel somewhat like an ass for saying it was cool given some of the stuff that happens. It's just that I fully support the way Jonah went about taking his revenge.

Koko is seriously batshit insane. It was obvious from the first volume, but the more it goes on the more obvious it becomes and the more I like her. It was great when she asked Jonah to take a bath with her and just as great were both the way he refused and the reactions of the guys in the room at both Koko's request and Jonah's refusal.

With how the volume ends, the fight between Valmet and that Chinese girl has me interested about Valmet's past in which she lost that eye.

Oh, that Scarecrow dude is so damn annoying.

Lain

Is that about the anime, or does the manga suffer from a bad end too?

Question for you folks, is Kure-nai worth reading? I watched the anime back when it aired but can't remember how it was. Is the manga an entertaining read?

I loved the anime (and I think it was well liked by a few people in the anime thread), but only read a couple volumes of the manga. It was a nice read though.

Another over the top prediction based on "evidence". Weren't you the one that said she was actually going to be an Uryuu and was just using some random Kurosaki name, proving once and for all Ichigo and Arrow Boy were cousins or something?

That worked out well.
So? A lot of people thought she was Ryuuken's sister. I'm glad to be wrong because I like surprises. I also predicted that Isshin was a Shiba and that was true. So yeah.

fertygo

At this point, I'm convinced WSJ just pick bad new series so series that bring profit to them such like Gintama and Sket Dance not got axed because low rank.

No more NuraMago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom