• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No, no it won't.

You worship a false goddess.

Tenri/Diana is the true waifu.

Beelzebub

No idea what the hell just happened, but I laughed at the end.

Tenri sucks but Diana's alright.

Kusunoki was the best, but I doubt she's ever going to come back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tenri sucks but Diana's alright.

Kusunoki was the best, but I doubt she's ever going to come back.

wh1ffyU.gif

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk 210

Wut.

So Griffith is jesus? :\

Fuck that shit. What the fuck is this. Beautiful spread in this chapter, though.

Kusagari

Toriko 226

Great chapter. This has to be one of my favorite fights in the series. Tommyrod's facial expressions and reactions are amazing and it's cool to see Sani being so badass.

And holy shit at Tommyrod's severed arm being stronger than any of his insects.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Toriko 226

TommyRod proving once again he is fucking boss, Sani proving he can take a savage beating while doing satanic things with his hair is awesome. The conclusion should be epic, would like to see Sani loose those so that they can level up again for Gourmet World.

Adventure of Sinbad

Well that just tells us right there that Al Sarmen has their claws into Patervia, hmmmmm I wonder when that country will be introduced to current Magi events. That just implicates that there is another great country Al Sarmen is messing with that they can use, so more potential Black Djin users!

Beelzebub

Dahhhhhhhhhhhh. The fights in Beelzebub are so shitty. The only one i like is Tojo vs. Oga. Yeah, even though Beelzebub is comedy it should have interesting fights since fighting is somewhat important in the series.

Toriko

Sani has improved a lot. Tommyrod is finished. I can´t wait to see the other 3 demonic cells activated. It should be interesting.
Toriko 226

TommyRod proving once again he is fucking boss, Sani proving he can take a savage beating while doing satanic things with his hair is awesome. The conclusion should be epic, would like to see Sani loose those so that they can level up again for Gourmet World.

Sani and others do not need to lose for his cells to evolve. Look at Shining Gourami example etc....

Jintor

Oreesama Teacher 05-06

I don't know... it's alright I guess? It's not... quite at that point where I want to keep reading. I'll keep poking at it and see if it picks up at some point.

MCD

Beelzebub

I didn't think the fight was shitty, in fact I think that fucker deserves every shit thrown at him.

Look, Oga already defeated Jabberwock, this no-name rat looking bastard has no place in here.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 51.5-54

:sdburton approved miracle workers~! Seriously though, this manga's way better when it's just the usual hi jinx instead of the serious drama stuff as that usually concludes with the power of friendship™ making everything okay which gets really tiresome after awhile.

Gokiburi Gijinka 1-2 & Omake 1-2

Moe Cockroach fun for the whole family, featuring bundled plastic figure shorts! I'll deff. get around to checking out the 2011 serialization sometime soon whenever the first volumes fully translated.

EArTh 1

I'm not entirely sure what this is about other than there being a rabbit girl with guns in it.

This would be a lot easier to follow if the art wasn't a pain in the ass to decipher at points. But since I like Greed Packet, which is apparently a spinoff of this, I'll stick with it for now.

Articalys

Well, this is abrubt. JManga is going to shut down.

http://www.jmanga.com/urgent-message
It is our regret to inform you that JManga.com will be concluding its retail and viewing services. All existing accounts and private information will be deleted without further notification. Please see the following details regarding the termination process of JManga.com's retail and viewing services.

JManga.com Service Termination Schedule
a.) JManga Point Distribution and Sales Termination: March 13th 2013 at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time)
b.) Digital Manga Purchasing Service Termination: March 26th at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time)
c.) Manga Viewing Service Termination: May 30th at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time)

[...]

We deeply regret having to terminate our manga retail service in this manner and offer our sincerest apologies to the users, partners and friends who supported us. As a small token of our appreciation we will be refunding each user's unused points in the manner explained below.
Way, way more at the link.

Kurita

Guess theres goes all chances for an english languard print volume license or release. Why does JPN let such good series fall to the side, Barrage, ST&RS, Hungry Joker, Takamagahara. So glad World Trigger, Haikyuu!!, and Shokugeki no Soma, and Psi Kusuo are performing well.

You know that World Trigger hasn't been ranked yet right? We don't know if it's performing well.

Conan-san

J Manga to shutter, Manga purchaced on site to be unreadable after the end of May with no Download service provided.

Of course, I had my issues with the service (Doing the same stupid region lock nonsense everyone else does, it's tablet reading service being non-existent for the most point) but between comixology, Viz's stuff (in the US at least) and the pirates they really didn't stand much of a chance and they really failed to sell their best feature (The translation and availability of niece manga series such as Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, some of which was marred further by the whole Region Lock thing)

Mind you, the line of "Sod you, you don't get to keep the manga you bought" sort of drives a pole into any sympathy I had.

And don't start about how you only buy the licence to view, I really don't want to hear it.

Mael

I don´t care if people liked or did not like Bleach, but they try to apply rules that every shonen does on Bleach without applying it to other. It´s the hypocrisy that i don´t like.

I'm sorry to reply only now because as it is there's only so much time I can spend on GAF anyway (and this very thread is probably one I lurk the most though, after all the Sim shitty threads that bring no end to my entertainment...).

Still I stand by my statement, Bleach is not anything to right home about.
Neither is Naruto, btw for the record I find Bleach really much better than Naruto (for example I do buy the volumes when they get released here...then again I do it for Fairy tails to and that is really the shittiest thing in my collection by a fair margin).

I don't really make all that much of a distinction between shonen, seinen and shojo all that much, if it's entertaining it's worth a read and maybe even worth owning.
I won't go in greater details but I know that Bleach is nowhere near the most enjoyable stuff I read or even in the top 10 (or 20 thanks to that overlong arrancar arc).
Still I don't think I could name 5 current shonens I'd prefer to read over Bleach though, I guess that count for something.
Most of the stuffs I'd name overall are probably over anyway.

I need to get my stuffs in gear and try new mangas to read or I'm getting the impression that all the new stuffs are lame (and I'm pretty sure overall the media is not getting shittier).
I can't find anything to read as far as shonen goes though...

Maybe Assassination Classroom that sounds fun but it has potential to get stale real quick though.
Toriko is stupider and stupider the more I read it, Magi's theme bores me to tears and I won't get anywhere near the smut stuffs you people keep talking about.
If people here have some recommandation I'm all ears.

Oh yeah OPM is awesome, I read that and I'll get the volumes when they're released here.

Berserk 210

Wut.

So Griffith is jesus? :\

Fuck that shit. What the fuck is this. Beautiful spread in this chapter, though.

Berserk 210

Qo15waj.jpg

After all the reactions he gets out of the people around him, I came to the conclusion that he's Jesus. There's no other explanation.

And holy crap, warriors he gathered are something completely else. Just how on earth could Gutts stand a chance.

Yep.

Jintor

Oreesama Teacher 10

Okay, getting more hooked now. Need some more girl characters though, these dudes are all lanky pretty boys with horrific anatomy

hell, even when she was crossdressing to disguise herself her anatomy warped, lol

I was thinking about it and it's more or less Yankee kun to Megane chan from the shoujo table instead, lol. Reading that, this and Cromartie all at the same time is overloading my delinquent circuits

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk 218

And so our crew is complete! Finished with magical healing, the formal introduction of Berserk's Nen/Haki/Reiatsu/Chakra/Etc. and powerups for the crew.

EXCEPT GUTS DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING MAGICAL POWERUP CAUSE HE'S A FUCKING BOSS.

Skull Knight is such a bro. Seriously, fuck Griffith.

Overall though, I can't say I dislike this crew at all. I like them all, actually. Even more so, I like their interactions with one another. I especially like how comedy is melded into this shit so seamlessly when this is such a gruesome world. This is gonna be good.

Wiseblade

Berserk 218

And so our crew is complete! Finished with magical healing, the formal introduction of Berserk's Nen/Haki/Reiatsu/Chakra/Etc. and powerups for the crew.

EXCEPT GUTS DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING MAGICAL POWERUP CAUSE HE'S A FUCKING BOSS.

Skull Knight is such a bro. Seriously, fuck Griffith.

Overall though, I can't say I dislike this crew at all. I like them all, actually. Even more so, I like their interactions with one another. I especially like how comedy is melded into this shit so seamlessly when this is such a gruesome world. This is gonna be good.

Even Puck?

Azure J

You guys are brutally outpacing me with the Berserk read through. I blame Pokemon. :p

Anorexia - Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou 1 & 2

JESUS CHRIST DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?

wonzo

Banned
Summer Wars: King Kazuma vs Queen Ozu

I didn't finish reading the first chapter, but my god is this manga such a massive letdown in the art department. I mean this is the freaking colour page you get in the beginning of the volume. It's so bad.The character designs are just awful compared to the original manga. I really wish they didn't change artists for this spin-off.
Looks like it's just trying to emulate the single tone shading found in the movie (and failing at that).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oreesama Teacher 10

Okay, getting more hooked now. Need some more girl characters though, these dudes are all lanky pretty boys with horrific anatomy

hell, even when she was crossdressing to disguise herself her anatomy warped, lol.

Nah man, it's shoujo. Tall lanky dudes will be all you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom