• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't pointing out a plothole, I just didn't remember what was happening there. Without having read it in a year or two, it does seem a little implausible every single character would be incapacitated right then (but hell, I don't even remember WHEN Isshin showed up, was it after Aizen had already left to the Real town?)

After everyone was knocked out but before Aizen went to the real KaraKura. When Isshin got to real KaraKura, he was carried by Ichigo since he was passed out, and Rangiku was mourning Gin. There really wasnt time for everyone to react.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I wasn't pointing out a plothole, I just didn't remember what was happening there. Without having read it in a year or two, it does seem a little implausible every single character would be incapacitated right then (but hell, I don't even remember WHEN Isshin showed up, was it after Aizen had already left to the Real town?)

IIRC, most everyone else was down by that point.

Toriko Bubble Fruit Arc

Boring filler to just find the temple, boring training to learn food honor, HOLY SHIT PLOT to make up for it in the end. We now have a rival combo, a mysterious 8th ingredient that can supposedly bring back the dead, and a war coming faster and faster.

I do have one complaint, every other arc the author feels the need to have something or someone stab Komatsu at the end of a chapter to be a *gasp* moment. It's really getting old -.-

Probably. I was more just commenting that the Big Bad literally making one of his minions have a mental disability is ridiculous.

It´s not like Aizen wanted him to be retarded. It´s the fact that Yamamoto´s zampakto is so powerful that WW had to sacrifice all of his mental abilities and pain senses just so he could seal Yamamoto´s zampakto. And we know how powerful Yamamoto´s zampakto is. It´s the same reason where fake Juha Bach could not seal Yamamoto´s bankai. Their power alone was not enough.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'd hold off on assuming shit about the connection between the Gotei 13 and Isshin. We're in the midst of seeing it unfold right now. There could have been a few reasons as to why Isshin isn't recognized by the Gotei 13 and why the connection between Ichigo wasn't made apparent (at least vocally, on screen).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And yet they didn't seem to make to connection with Ichigo.

The 13 Squads seem to have highly variable levels of competence depending on where Kubo decides to go with the story at any given time.

I'd hold off on assuming shit about the connection between the Gotei 13 and Isshin. We're in the midst of seeing it unfold right now. There could have been a few reasons as to why Isshin isn't recognized by the Gotei 13 and why the connection between Ichigo wasn't made apparent (at least vocally, on screen).

This, if this flash back arc finishes and doesn't address these issues then there should be reason to complain. Considering how good TBTP was I'm going to continue giving EBTR credit until it blows up in my face.

And yet they didn't seem to make to connection with Ichigo.

Or they did not care since Isshin lost his powers, and Masaki was already dead. Or they found out about him after Ichigo attacked Soul Society. Isshin got his shinigami powers back after Ichigo came back from Soul Society. Before that he lost all of his spiritual power and riatsu so he was not easy to track. Or Urahara supplied him with a special gigai.

Yeah, seeing how much Ichigo looks like Kaien, it was weird that no one really reacted, except for Rukia, who was too young or still alive to be a member of the Gotei when Isshin was still around.

I'd have to reread the chapters, but I think even the Shibas were more or less passive on him.

Tower of God s1ch1
tumblr_mjnzayD0uH1qbxqfpo1_400.png

I guess it is a good start, though could have said why they are in the Tower in the first place, seemed like an odd detail to not mention in the first chapter. Baam has a good design, at times, some of the panels he looks odd, and like hes vampireish, probably just the art, random. Will keep following I guess, hope it has epic attacks and moments like Soul Cartel.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, seeing how much Ichigo looks like Kaien, it was weird that no one really reacted, except for Rukia, who was too young or still alive to be a member of the Gotei when Isshin was still around.

I'd have to reread the chapters, but I think even the Shiba's were more or less passive on him.

Which is weird since Iceboy was there in the last chapter.

Angry Grimace

Which makes sense cause

His captain is currently fighting one, probably got his ass whipped, so that's where Iceprincess' fear comes from.

My point was more that it would seem like Rukia and Renji, both of whom have met Isshin several times, should have recognized him as one of the Captains. Granted, there's plenty of time for Kubo to explain this through the flashback since we're like three chapters into it.

Which makes sense cause

His captain is currently fighting one, probably got his ass whipped, so that's where Iceprincess' fear comes from.

Holy shit, I just realized that shadow of a VL looks exactly like the one from the latest chapter o_O

Nice find Stat Flow, all plot points really are coming together

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
My point was more that it would seem like Rukia and Renji, both of whom have met Isshin several times, should have recognized him as one of the Captains. Granted, there's plenty of time for Kubo to explain this through the flashback since we're like three chapters into it.
I don't disagree with your point. Rangiku saw him too. I was just saying.

Akito

Haikyuu 14
Hm, I didn't expect Karasuno to win the match after pretty boy got substituted in. The last point was kinda predictable though after the strategy was discussed before the match and didn't happen till then.

upandaway

Beelzebub

I feel kind of embarrassed because I have no clue what daddy switch is. Did we see it before? How awkward, haha.

Toriko 226

Tommyrod's faces are so good. Made me do a double take when he started talking with Sani about respect. That was pretty crazy.

Love the 1 million eyes and remotely controlled hair :lol seriously now!

Minamoto

She really freaked out from that. I'm pretty sure "date for a month" here translates to "excuse to meet up once a while and, uh, talk" but progress all the same!

Also, I like her already!

Tamanon

Banned

Wait, i didn't think Rukia and Renji were soul reapers yet in that part of the timeline.

upandaway

Haikyuu 14
Hm, I didn't expect Karasuno to win the match after pretty boy got substituted in. The last point was kinda predictable though after the strategy was discussed before the match and didn't happen till then.
Yeah... yeah. Yeah. Also, yes.
Way too many sports do that. Might as well just tell me who wins on the spot. For some reason martial arts manga are better at this (because usually both strategies are revealed live and have twists midway and stuff).

Minamoto

She really freaked out from that. I'm pretty sure "date for a month" here translates to "excuse to meet up once a while and, uh, talk" but progress all the same!

Also, I like her already!

Woah how did a miss a new chapter of Aunt's Tits?

Aunt's Tits 70

Watching the two most awkward people go on a date this should be pretty funny. So much ///////// everywhere.

Angry Grimace

Wait, i didn't think Rukia and Renji were soul reapers yet in that part of the timeline.

We don't know that, but it would be really weird for Rukia and Renji to have become Shinigami after Hitsugaya was already third seat.

Yeah, Byakuya's father(!) was vice captain when Isshin was captain.

Huh? I don't remember this occurring at all. My understanding was that this flashback is well after the TBTP flashback since Hitsugaya and Matsumoto are around.

Toriko Four Beast Arc

Komatsu becoming a rank chef and figuring out something some of the best in the world could not? The four kings fighting together to defeat a gigantic level 350 monster? Oh god this series is too good!

Angry Grimace

During the TBTP arc, the captain of the 6th division was Byakuga's Grandfather and the VC was his father.

e: Wait, I misunderstood. I was still thinking of the TBTP arc, not the current flashback.

Yeah, this one is well after TBTP since Aizen is talking about finding Hirako in the wake of the TBTP stuff.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, that could mean it's a few months later, we're not really sure of exactly when this flashback is, but considering Ichigo wouldn't even be born yet, it makes sense it'd be before the young'uns like Renji and Rukia are even involved.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, that could mean it's a few months later, we're not really sure of exactly when this flashback is, but considering Ichigo wouldn't even be born yet, it makes sense it'd be before the young'uns like Renji and Rukia are even involved.

Pretty sure they're both older than him and isn't ice-kid supposed to be younger than the both of them anyway?

survivor

Banned
Summer Wars: King Kazuma vs Queen Ozu vol 2

BgzmXs9.png

Ok, there buddy, attacking faster than 1/60 of a second, I'd like to see how you did that.

The virus that affected Queen Ozu was pretty much a weaker version of Love Machine, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Wabisuke made this virus as a prototype for Love Machine, but I couldn't find any info that hints at who created the virus.

The fight scenes were confusing and the final battle was nowhere near as good as the one in the original story even when you take in consideration that Koi-Koi makes no sense to me. Kazuma really didn't need a whole prequel manga to take about his past, the dude isn't deep, he is just some gamer, that's all.

Angry Grimace

I was about to argue that it can't be much more than a few years back given that Ichigo is only like 17 and Masaki won't live forever, but Juhabach is supposed to be super old....right?

Tamanon

Banned
Pretty sure they're both older than him and isn't ice-kid supposed to be younger than the both of them anyway?

They're definitely older than Ichigo, but we're talking 16 or 17 years older in order for the timeline to work against it. If anything, they'd still be out in the slums.

Akito

Haikyuu 17
Marathoning makes me realize how many color and extra pages Haikyuu got in the beginning and is probably still getting, reminds me of Kuroko but it happened much later in that case I believe.
Nishiya seems like a cool guy as well, he's more energetic than Hinata without becoming annoying. And there's another member who didn't appear so far? I hope they will include the manager some time soon.

Kurita

Haikyuu 17
Marathoning makes me realize how many color and extra pages Haikyuu got in the beginning and is probably still getting, reminds me of Kuroko but it happened much later in that case I believe.
Nishiya seems like a cool guy as well, he's more energetic than Hinata without becoming annoying. And there's another member who didn't appear so far? I hope they will include the manager some time soon.

Second best character (first one being Tanaka).

I heard the anime is censored...is that true? No blood = no watch for me...

Ah, maybe, I don't watch it. But since most shounen series have less blood when they get an anime...

Haikyuu 17

Nishinoya is their coolest member, he always has their back.

Well, Rukia didn't even know what Hitsugaya looked like initially. I'd imagine outside of rare things like the war with the quincy and Aizen's war that the average non-VC shinigami never sees any captain but their own.

Soriku

There's basically no blood in the anime at all and they also add that annoying filler reporter woman.

I'd just read the manga.

Lame. Unfortunately I don't really read that much manga and prefer to watch anime when possible. So I guess that's a no-go for me :/

upandaway

Lame. Unfortunately I don't really read that much manga and prefer to watch anime when possible. So I guess that's a no-go for me :/
Well if you're not gonna read the manga at all, you might as well watch the anime. I mean that just seems logical to me. The anime's not THAT bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom