• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

Well if you're not gonna read the manga at all, you might as well watch the anime. I mean that just seems logical to me. The anime's not THAT bad

No blood is a dealbreaker to me. I don't really care about some filler chick.

The way I get into manga is if the anime stops (indefinitely) and I want to continue and only can through the manga. But otherwise it's the anime for me.

Lame. Unfortunately I don't really read that much manga and prefer to watch anime when possible. So I guess that's a no-go for me :/

The anime is worth watching. People have overexaggerated how prevalent Tina is even in the anime, as she is usually not even present in many or even most of the major moments of the arcs. Lots of the fights are worthwhile and its just plain fun to see animated.

Blood is an awkward request seeing as characters still get limbs and holes blown straight through them...

Soriku

The manga is not that bloody anyway.

"Some blood" is much more bearable then none at all. Like, I don't think One Piece is that bloody but I'm fine with it.

I know this is a little weird but it's just the way I feel. I can't get into the fights and such as much without blood.

"Some blood" is much more bearable then none at all. Like, I don't think One Piece is that bloody but I'm fine with it.

I know this is a little weird but it's just the way I feel. I can't get into the fights and such as much without blood.

There's "some" blood in the anime as well. Just not a ton. I think there was one fight that was pretty bloody, but I can't remember.

upandaway

No blood is a dealbreaker to me. I don't really care about some filler chick.

The way I get into manga is if the anime stops (indefinitely) and I want to continue and only can through the manga. But otherwise it's the anime for me.
I get you, I totally get you. You're not being completely incoherent here. I get what you're saying.

But consider that like DTL says, it's not really censored besides blood, and consider why you're that way about anime to begin with (animation and music and color and VAs). There's pros and there's cons. If you swear not to read the manga because you only read manga when there's no anime, but you say you won't watch the anime for any specific reason.. I hope you get where I'm coming from here, not trying to nag or anything. That's a bit weird to me.

What's the difference between not watching the anime, and it not existing, that makes a difference between going to the manga or avoiding it all?

Kusagari

The Toriko anime is censored, but I'd still say to watch it over not seeing the show at all if you're not going to read the manga.

It's still faithful to the manga, outside of the filler chick, and is a decent adaptation all things considered.

Reknoc

Toriko's biggest flaw in the anime is the monster designs being really watered down from the manga designs, a lot of ugly bright colours to make them more pleasant to look at (similar to what the Reborn anime did with guns)

Kurita

If you're ok with One Piece anime blood then you're good.

Soriku

I get you, I totally get you. You're not being completely incoherent here. I get what you're saying.

But consider that like DTL says, it's not really censored besides blood, and consider why you're that way about anime to begin with (animation and music and color and VAs). There's pros and there's cons. If you swear not to read the manga because you only read manga when there's no anime, but you say you won't watch the anime for any specific reason.. I hope you get where I'm coming from here, not trying to nag or anything. That's a bit weird to me.

What's the difference between not watching the anime, and it not existing, that makes a difference between going to the manga or avoiding it all?

Blood is really that much of a dealbreaker for me. I think it started becoming a dealbreaker when I was watching Reborn. I enjoyed the anime a lot but eventually I watched other anime while watching it (once I caught up) then it really bothered me that it was censored. I just couldn't enjoy it as much. It was a rare case where I actually dropped the anime for the manga. The only reason I could do that is because I was knee deep into Reborn, unlike Toriko where I have no investment in it.

I think you might be in the wrong thread

I'm not around this thread that much. But I'm here for Bleach and I used to be here (well, lurking) for Reborn and Bakuman before they ended. Just wanted to ask quick about Toriko as I saw people mentioning it here.
If you're ok with One Piece anime blood then you're good.

I'll consider it. If that's really true.

Kurita

Don't shounen adaptations usually try to target a larger audience than the manga?
I could understand why they make them less bloody.

upandaway

Blood is really that much of a dealbreaker for me. I think it started becoming a dealbreaker when I was watching Reborn. I enjoyed the anime a lot but eventually I watched other anime while watching it (once I caught up) then it really bothered me that it was censored. I just couldn't enjoy it as much. It was a rare case where I actually dropped the anime for the manga. The only reason I could do that is because I was knee deep into Reborn, unlike Toriko where I have no investment in it.
Oh. Well, I guess that's true.

Shouldn't hurt to try the anime in any case, though. It's not like there's a "must watch" point to the series regarding blood censorship, it's consistent enough to see if you're fine with it from the first few episodes, I think.

Wiseblade

Don't shounen adaptations usually try to target a larger audience than the manga?
I could understand why they make them less bloody.

It also airs during the same morning block as One Piece, if memory serves. So that limits what they can get away with.

Soriku

Gintama is, like, not censored at all. I don't think it even airs that late. From the last season:

Gintama-episode-220-screenshot-005.jpg

Akito

Haikyuu 24
Everybody is comfortable with their respective roles, bring on the training camp.
But seriously, is the manager only a tease?

Soriku

Gintama also is getting canceled so maybe it did have an impact?

For the third time :p Last season they came back and animated 50 episodes after the 202 episode first run. Then they stopped because it was getting too close to the manga. This new season was reruns + three new arcs. There'll also be a movie this summer. It'll come back eventually. Hopefully they take a long enough break to come back and do like 50 more episodes.

I don't think they target kids though.

Still a Shonen though.

upandaway

They're stopping it all the time to let the manga get ahead.

I'm thinking pretty intensely about catching up with the manga this time. The scanlation hole was filled with the anime and a weekly Gintama chapter could be amazing.

Toriko Cooking Festival Arc (to current)

Oh wow shit gets crazy and it's so good, I understand now why the ratings have been so high for awhile now. Seems like the real story is about to kick off now with the big war and after this will finally head into the gourmet world.

Akito

The girl? Yes, she's quite useless.
Way to crush my hopes and dreams man :(

Haikyuu 26
So even though the Neko something players made a bet about her existence, she will get like one panel screentime?
The training camp is pretty lame so far, let's get to the match.

It's not even a cancellation. They were scheduled to do two seasons and then movie! But, movie production fell behind in schedule and the staff was up to doing yet another season til summer so then, they could go movie!, but IDOLS got their spot so no third season.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Final Getsuga Tensho.

My assumption is that Ichigo lost every single cool guy power he had learned from that training since he was pretty much battering Aizen even before he used FGT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom