• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Goodnight Punpun v1
I remember reading and liking this some years ago but for some reason I haven't read any further than the first volume. Randomly picked it up yesterday when I was out shopping. I still like it, there are striking contrasts everywhere, the semi-realistic character design and Punpun's family, the serious, not so serious and even fucking random and ridiculous moments.
Now I have to choose between continuing with the scans or waiting for the next tankoubon.

I know it's published in Italy and France but dunno about other countries, where do you live?

Question, though.

What's the equivalent of NaruSaku/NaruHina or IchiRuki/IchiHime in FT?

I want to visit some fandoms for the lulz.

Natsu/Gary.

jZCzzvx.gif

SXMeD1U.jpg
[/IMG]

survivor

Banned
Lady Snowblood vol 2
1kb3JLT.jpg

Oh god, the ending of this volume is cracking me up. I really can't tell if it's supposed to be this absurd or if I'm supposed to take it seriously. The assassinations plans are still creative as ever and some of them are too ridiculous. Surprised Oyuki didn't kill that person after she got her cornered and instead opted to send her to prison. I wonder if she is planning on doing the same thing to all the other guys or if it's a special case.

I enjoy fairy tail for what it is, average shonen. It's like going to the theaters and watching a generic action film, I always know what I'm going to get but I enjoy it for that reason, I don't have to think.

Moosichu

Berserk start - 333

Liking it a lot. The rapey stuff was weird but since now that Gutts isn't travelling by himself anymore that stuff has died down a lot thankfully. I'm also interested in seeing what Griffith's next move will be once he has conquered everything. The fact that the existence of 'good' forces such as elves, witches and mermaids are becoming more prominent makes me think the manga might be a bit less dark for a while.

Soma

Udon no Hito 1-8 END

Ye1bjS1.jpg

That was a nice read. As far as artwork goes, it's not exactly a looker since much of it is on the minimalistic side but it works well with the narrative. There were a few instances where it was a bit hard to distinguish between fantasy and what is really actually happening in the story which resulted in me going back a page or two saying "oh that didn't really happen". All that said, the inner monologues of the main characters is fantastic and the dialogue between each character is all very nicely written. It all moves in a very deft pace and handles the romance in a mature and confident manner.

It's really refreshing to read these kinds of stories every now and then.

survivor

Banned
Udon no Hito 1-8 END

That was a nice read. As far as artwork goes, it's not exactly a looker since much of it is on the minimalistic side but it works well with the narrative. There were a few instances where it was a bit hard to distinguish between fantasy and what is really actually happening in the story which resulted in me going back a page or two saying "oh that didn't really happen". All that said, the inner monologues of the main characters is fantastic and the dialogue between each character is all very nicely written. It all moves in a very deft pace and handles the romance in a mature and confident manner.

I loved Udon no Hito, one of my favourite josei manga from last year. Made me a fan of Est Em. The MC's inner monologues were pretty funny

Atredeus

Neo Member
Huh, so is the hand by ryuuto just an after image?

Looked like Rimi was reacting to Ryuuto trying to catch her by punching. So you see the punch, then you see her recognize him and break her berserker rage. You see one hand when she's off panel, and the next hand when she's on top of Ryuuto. Both hands are there.

Stinky

Berserk start - 333

Jesus christ you guys are fast.

Thats like 20 years of chapters. Yeah I know Miura is irregular but Berserk is something I could never marathon.

I finished v.28 a while ago and I have v.29 lying around here somewhere. I'd love to continue buying them but every second volume is out of print..

survivor

Banned
Lady Snowblood vol 3-4 End
gZvf69j.jpg
IqSjX95.jpg

Honourable Retribution

Well, Oyuki finally got her revenge. Didn't think the manga will leave the last two guys to the last two chapters, I honestly thought it would go 1 person per volume, but there was too many random odd jobs that Oyuki took in between. The assassinations were really fun, creative and surprisingly there was lots of yuri everywhere. Sure, Oyuki was pretty much invincible (I think only one guy came close to matching up with her), but seeing Oyuki plan her way out of impossible scenarios was great and suspenseful. Some of the double spreads were amazing and I loved the art. Has an old school feel to it, but still looked great.

suzu

Udon no Hito 1-8 END

Although most of her work is yaoi/BL (which I don't read much), I still wish her stuff was translated into english. UnH's story was done really well. Also her art style is nice too. :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No one reads Fairy Tail just for the breasts, the art is not good enough for that.

It's super generic anime art. Yes people do.

What? No! You can't use someone's old avatar. It would be like ... wearing his old face or something.

IeYa1UB.gif

Question, though.

What's the equivalent of NaruSaku/NaruHina or IchiRuki/IchiHime in FT?

I want to visit some fandoms for the lulz.

Pretty much every character has a clear in-universe pairing, although pretty much none of them explicitly occur.

Lucy and Natsu (although its a triangle with some other girl that was lost in another dimension prior to the series starting), Gerard and Erza, Gray and Juvia, Gajeel and Levy, etc.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Berserk 217-218

Ah, yes, power-ups and Elementals. I wonder how long until it's forgotten again and when the weapons become useless. It would be a shame, because Serpico's gear should make him really dangerous. Is he going to be the new Worf? And the gear for the women was laughable. "Here's some silver shit, it's cool against evil stuff, yo." Good luck with that. And Gutts?

Serpico is the only guy in the series who can go one on one with Guts. He cannot be Worfed.

Berserk

Serpico is the only guy in the series who can go one on one with Guts. He cannot be Worfed.

Well, the magical Toad Horse was powerful enough to injure him quite badly him and now he can't go with the rest of the party, to save the girls. Sounds like he got Worfed.

Wiseblade

Berserk

Well, the magical Toad Horse was powerful enough to injure him quite badly him and now he can't go with the rest of the party, to save the girls. Sounds like he got Worfed.

Getting injured isn't enough to be worfed. Worfing only occurs if lose outright to someone just to demonstrate how powerful they are.

Kurita

Loving the Nodame Cantabile manga and drama...
Any good mangas about music? (not Beck, Solanin, Nana... already know these)

Tower of God s1.c2
tumblr_mjru78zIXg1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Really too wordy at times, had to take a break midway through even, sometimes the art too feels a bit on the lower edge of typical standards of quality. At least the new character is interesting, but he's quite short compared to Baam...which is a bit pleasing. I hope Black March has epic hi ougi of sorts.

Yonafunu

Berserk : The Eclipse

I finished this part a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.
First of all, I didn't expect Griffith to get so fucked up at all. Hell, I didn't expect him to get imprisoned. That was some messed up shit. It turns out that Griffith actually was a genuine person. He really was who he claimed to be. Everything was real. His dream, his personality, his ambition. He disn't have any dark secrets, secret plans or anything shady he kept from everyone. At least, not that I know of so far.
The Eclipse and Griffith turning into a demon wasn't surprising, of course, since that was already known. The entirety of the Hawks being sacrificed wasn't really unexpected either, since that explains why Gutts is all alone now.
Everything was freaking brutal though.

The design of the God Hands is pretty weak though, imo. I prefer Zodd and the Skull Knight.
It's a shame about Griffith though. He was so pretty :(

/XX/

He quit because there's not a lick of constructive conversation here.
He couldn't handle WednesdayGAF. In return he gave us the current thread title.
He saw the horrors of Big 3 Wednesday with his own eyes and couldn't take it.
I see, checking now his last post and the consequent answers... I don't share his opinion as I'm sure there is a time for everything in here, should have stayed here more time because I think it was to early to judge in that manner this place.

upandaway

Wait... aohige quit this thread already? What did you do exactly for this to happen so soon? >:-(
To me it seemed more like he wasn't feeling it from the beginning (like with how he reads everything aside from the big3 like 5 trillion years before us). Then everyone threw an amazing welcome party for him full of licking constructive conversations, and he realized this isn't gonna work, just in general.

I thought the all the licking action was a bit silly myself, but it's so... self contained. I mean say two completely unrelated people are licking each other about Naruto, they're still doing it amongst themselves, and you don't even have to read it. It's not enough of a reason for someone to drop dead on us like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom