• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
eden-its-an-endless-world-1661496.jpg

Eden- It's an Endless World! Vol.1-18

At the behest of CD Projekt Red I decided to check out this manga.

Honestly...out of all the manga I have read...I don't think I have ever been as emotionally invested in one as much as I was while reading this.

What a ride. What a long, brutal,ride this was. I have seen some shit. I must admit it wasn't perfect, some of the drama felt forced(
Particularly that Middle Eastern girl who sang to Kenji in Japanese getting murdered along with her entire village, who the hell didn't see that coming a mile away?
) and I must admit when the plot started focusing on the
Disclosure Virus
rather than the characters themselves I kind of lost a bit of interest, but it never lost my attention. The ending was a little tepid as well but I don't think it diminished the whole product.

Definitely one of my favorite manga of all time. Great Cast, great art, and for the most part great plot. It s not for the feint of heart though. Finished it in a day and I must say a lot of it stuck with me.

7Th

The difference between manga and comic is the same as the difference between shounen and seinen:
imaginary

Mashikaku Rock 1-3 (END)

Shoujo romance about an honour student who joins a band. Lost interest after the first chapter, though that was likely more because of my aversion to the subject matter rather than anything it particularly did wrong.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Berserk

it did and that where it gets weird with this kid. Is that his own body now fixed after Griffiths return? is it using griffth's for a free ride? etc

But remember that Griffith saved Caska during the Zodd vs Guts fight unintentionally and after the meeting he thought of the demonchild when he was thinking about what he did, which indicates he did use the body but the child's protectiveness still lingers.

If Muira gets to it , should be interesting
Hopefully it's not something dull like the kid's Griffith's undesirable emotions splintered off into a new being.

survivor

Banned
Sickness Unto Death vol 1-2 End

Eh really, it was all just
multiple personality disorder?
I wanted it to be something more tragic, supernatural and horrifying, fuck. Whatever, this manga had a lot of DESPAIR and build up, but it really fell apart once you realized what was behind the door.

Berserk

Hopefully it's not something dull like the kid's Griffith's undesirable emotions splintered off into a new being.

That could actually be it, where griffith pulls a Naraku from Inuyasha.

Whats slightly amusing about the child is whenever he looks at Guts and Guts looks back the kid instantlly turns away like its embarassed.

HxH

I know but the organisation also imprisons and punish criminals. Assassins are criminals.

Eh depends on the current side they are on lol

and i also saw it as the president having rival(s) he could go to toe toe with if anything since the pres loved a challenge.

Akito

I hope there are still some other people following Spirit Circle. Unfortunately, it's a monthly series even with a lower page count, so it's going to take forever.
I do and the last couple of chapters are so emotional. But yeah, it could become a really long ride because I don't even know where exactly the story is heading.

Eden- It's an Endless World! Vol.1-18

At the behest of CD Projekt Red I decided to check out this manga.

Honestly...out of all the manga I have read...I don't think I have ever been as emotionally invested in one as much as I was while reading this.

What a ride. What a long, brutal,ride this was. I have seen some shit. I must admit it wasn't perfect, some of the drama felt forced(
Particularly that Middle Eastern girl who sang to Kenji in Japanese getting murdered along with her entire village, who the hell didn't see that coming a mile away?
) and I must admit when the plot started focusing on the
Disclosure Virus
rather than the characters themselves I kind of lost a bit of interest, but it never lost my attention. The ending was a little tepid as well but I don't think it diminished the whole product.

Definitely one of my favorite manga of all time. Great Cast, great art, and for the most part great plot. It s not for the feint of heart though. Finished it in a day and I must say a lot of it stuck with me.
Yup, I pretty much agree on everything, it's certainly not perfect or anything and the "science" can get into a weird territory sometime but the emotional roller coaster tends to frequently hit and when it hits, it hits hard.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

I know but the organisation also imprisons and punish criminals. Assassins are criminals.
It's not the organization who imprisons and punishes criminals, but select hunters who are a part of the organization (like Blacklist Hunters). They're free to do whatever they wish, and that includes capturing criminals, as some sort of bounty hunters. But it's not part of the organization's missions, and the most they'll do is provide the tools, like the Hunter Internet Site, for such an activity.

And if it's those hunters, we did see a few of them try to take on the Zoldycks, specifically those of the dumber variety. One of Mike's maintainers was one of them.

Kurita

Nobunaga no Chef 5

Well I didn't expect that :lol

Nobunaga singing was pretty funny/akward in the drama.
Still no appearance of the
ninja girl
. I wonder if that character is even in the manga.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
So I'm not actually a newbie with this franchise, having watched the movie a few years back and ordering the entire collection after falling in love with it, but for some god forsaken reason just got around to checking this out. I still remember the major beats from the story, but even so I found the print version to be very refreshing. The minimalistic art style works a lot in the story's favour, especially when compared with some of the film's wooden acting resulting from having a bunch of kids acting like, well, kids.

The simplistic art didn't stop me from getting awed at the visuals, nonetheless. Some of the background work in here is thoroughly detailed, and when necessary it takes on the same type of abstraction as the characters. In fact, one of my favourite sequences in the book is when Scott finally gets around to meeting Ramona one on one under the snow, the culmination of that scene taking an almost ethereal quality (a perfect depiction of not-so-teenage-but-still-pretty-immature-love, if you ask me).

I thought the juxtaposition of the real world shenanigans and the more fantastic "I gotta beat your evil ex-boyfriends" video game crap was a lot easier to swallow in this version too. Using the duel set-up as a metaphor with coming to terms with somebody else's past is freaking brilliant, though I imagine I shouldn't over-analyse this aspect of the work, however fitting it may be. The book is madly entertaining even at face value, if only for the absurdity of premise (although I will confess I'm enjoying the more grounded drama for its own value too).

===

So yeah, this is probably the only thing I'm gonna talk seriously about in here until the thread gets a hentai manga spin-off (I read far more of that trash than is probably healthy, and no, I'm not checking out ecchi crap like To-Love-Ru when I can get the full deal anywhere else). Let's see how far I can take this.

survivor

Banned
So yeah, this is probably the only thing I'm gonna talk seriously about in here until the thread gets a hentai manga spin-off (I read far more of that trash than is probably healthy, and no, I'm not checking out ecchi crap like To-Love-Ru when I can get the full deal anywhere else). Let's see how far I can take this.

Favourite artists? You gotta at least share that with us.

One of Nobunaga's subordinate along with Hideyoshi and Yoshinari.
Oh, she really should have been included in the manga then. Having only one girl (who rarely appears) in this cast isn't good.

I suppose Nobunaga's sister has also to appear at one point.

upandaway

For what it's worth this thread does get some posts about hentai manga every once in a while. There was that time everyone read and posted about Itokoi Chidori for like 50k pages.

Azure J

Akame Ga Kill 34.5 - 35

That reminiscing chapter was ;_;

The main story however looks like it's picking up fast. Night Raid having both the Jaegars and this new execution squad after them doesn't look good, especially since we're officially down to the batch of Night Raid members I like the most so far (Raba pls). At the same time, Kurome is definitely dying soon.

Kurita

Oh, she really should have been included in the manga then. Having only one girl (who rarely appears) in this cast isn't good.

Maybe we'll see her at some point, but since she was introduced in the first episode...
It also seems like the drama really wants to shoehorn Natsu everywhere. I don't mind tbh, it's cool to have a sidekick, she's not annoying.

I suppose Nobunaga's sister has also to appear at one point.
I have yet to see her in the drama.

Wiseblade

Go right ahead. Lain used to post about hentai all the time.

Berserk The Golden Age

Wow that ending, Griffith gives into the darkness and Gutts becomes the black swordsman dedicating his life to getting revenge and killing demons. Truly a must read for anyone

survivor

Banned
Maybe we'll see her at some point, but since she was introduced in the first episode...
It also seems like the drama really wants to shoehorn Natsu everywhere. I don't mind tbh, it's cool to have a sidekick, she's not annoying.
Looking at the cast members pictures, I rather they shoehorn the ninja girl and make her Ken's sidekick

Kurita

Looking at the cast members pictures, I rather they shoehorn the ninja girl and make her Ken's sidekick

Haha yeah she's quite pretty. Actually we often saw her since she fights with the army, she's always jumping all over the place, slashing flying arrows with her sword... :lol

And now you know why GRIFFITH MUST DIE.

I can kind of sympathize with the guy though, yeah he was an idiot for fucking the shit out of the princess to try and get rid of his depression because Gutts left him, but after being tortured for a year his life was basically over. The guy couldn't stand, couldn't hold anything, was barely alive more or less living on will alone. If you had the option to sacrifice everyone around you to give yourself a "new life" as a god when your old life is basically over who wouldn't take that chance? Honestly I kind of wish Griffith had made it up to becoming King and then became angry and "wanted more" leading to him turning to the dark side.

In the end what happened to his Band of Hawks was terrible though, and I hope Gutts beats the shit out of Griffith when they finally meet again.

Wiseblade

I can kind of sympathize with the guy though, yeah he was an idiot for fucking the shit out of the princess to try and get rid of his depression because Gutts left him, but after being tortured for a year his life was basically over. The guy couldn't stand, couldn't hold anything, was barely alive more or less living on will alone. If you had the option to sacrifice everyone around you to give yourself a "new life" as a god when your old life is basically over who wouldn't take that chance? Honestly I kind of wish Griffith had made it up to becoming King and then became angry and "wanted more" leading to him turning to the dark side.

In the end what happened to his Band of Hawks was terrible though, and I hope Gutts beats the shit out of Griffith when they finally meet again.
isj3olzuZn2cg.gif

I can kind of sympathize with the guy though

iftBpXe7TYQh9.gif

ARE YOU HUMAN

Haha, what? There´s absolutely no justifications or excuses to what Griffith did. He butchered his own troops so he can be a god. He is selfishness reincarnated. I can´t wait to see Guts rip him a new asshole.

That was kind of the peak of the story though.

But it doesn't mean the rest isn't worth reading. We're not talking about a Naruto Part 2 drop in quality here.

I have some thoughts on Griffith and his later endeavors, but I need to read a bit more.

And you should definitely keep reading, Bass. Or at least not drop it entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom