• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Next arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.
2nd arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.
3rd arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.
4th arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.
Whoa I love how the text sorta arcs in like that, pretty neat

Steroyd

I would personally take friendship power over strategy any day (unless Kingdom) Whats more exciting in the context of manga, a long strategy detailed and executed over the course of several drawn out chapters or characters brought close to the brink of defeat and instantly pulling forth that last bit of energy for the sake of their friends pulling off a new move and winning? Mashima does it well each time and makes it really exciting to me.

Hunter x Hunter or Fairy Tail?

Next arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.
2nd arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.
3rd arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.
4th arc: New villains arrive, hyped up to be amazingly strong. Fodderized and ridiculed by FT's power of friendship. Lucy loses her clothes in the process.

Oh, god. I don't think I've laughed so hard at a GAF post in awhile.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Usotsuki Lily 2

QN0j3Fs.png

:lol

So this is basically shoujo Prunus girl. Dumb but I'm enjoying it.

Reknoc

Picked up Blood Lad volume 1. Not read it before but I think some people here like it I guess. Oddly enough none of the comic book stores here seemed to have it. Ended up getting it from a proper book store =/

The fact that some of you pick on DTL makes me sad. He has different opinions but he doesn't try to impose them on us. The most he does is share his thoughts.

I hate Katekyo Hitman and Fairy Tail too but if DTL likes it then he likes it. If he starts going on a tirade on how much our opinions are wrong then it's a whole different matter entirely.

The fact that some of you pick on DTL makes me sad. He has different opinions but he doesn't try to impose them on us. The most he does is share his thoughts.

I hate Katekyo Hitman and Fairy Tail too but if DTL likes it then he likes it. If he starts going on a tirade on how much our opinions are wrong then it's a whole different matter entirely.

DTL isn't a Big One, that's for sure.

Akito

Touch ch1-29

This has been pretty good so far. I'm not going to comment on anything that much yet but I've been enjoying it so far. I only really have one complaint so far and that's with the expressions of the characters. None of the characters seem to show any emotions except happy or blank. Even when the characters are clearly supposed to be mad it never really comes through in the art.
That's Adachi's trademark, it's not like he cannot do it but rather he doesn't want to, you are supposed to "read between the lines" and judge for yourself what the characters are really thinking/feeling. He is called master of subtlety for some reason.

TWGOK
That was sweet, perfect time for a "break".

Shokugeki no Soma
I'm not really fond of training arcs in general but this could be fun.

Nisekoi
i5HWFIWPdnIOi.jpg

This cannot be healthy, even Shaft couldn't do it "better". Well, that was something, although it's a disgrace that absolutely nothing will change after this incident. Also, was Ruri always this friggin short?

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma
I'm not really fond of training arcs in general but this could be fun.
Seems more like a hunter exam arc than anything, I'm not sure if they'll be training there at all. Hell the whole school seems more like a colosseum than an educational facility.

NO!!!!!

So sad to hear this announcement. Initial D is probably one of my most favorite Seinen manga. Then again the story is nearing its natural conclusion.

I'm really gonna miss this when it ends. I wish the chapters were of better quality since Tokyopop went out of business and manga volumes stopped coming out. Really hope someone picks it up digitally or something. That or I have to learn Japanese.

I might pick up Food Smut and Beserk along with 7 seeds but only after a few more manga end.

Seems more like a hunter exam arc than anything, I'm not sure if they'll be training there at all. Hell the whole school seems more like a colosseum than an educational facility.

Hopefully individual events to highlight the best aspect of each of the students in the dorm with one final team event. That would be good and the writer could use it to give us background and develop each one. So I guess not a training arc, I agree.

Lain

Pika Ichi volume 1
0vm.jpg

I loved the first volume. The way it starts, detailing the two main characters and how they don't stand out at all and have such generic names and then seeing them radically change to uphold their beliefs once they find out their school is full of bullies and noone does anything to stop them was coll enough, just as cool was seeing them share such a strong love for Yakuza movies and a specific one at that.
I do wonder where Hanako was hiding such long hair, but her new hair style is really to my liking (it's one of the aspects I really like about the volume's cover).

So far the comedy part of the story is working well enough and the end of the volume makes me pretty curious about what's going to happen next.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Medaka Box 185

What a terrible ending to that arc. Nisio is a terrible writer - which is an established thought - but still... how stupid.

Akito

Well yeah, seems like it will be training through trials rather than the usual meditating trainings.

Wiseblade

Well yeah, seems like it will be training through trials rather than the usual meditating trainings.
What are you talking about? They totally going to go into the Room of Salt and Pepper, where you can get a year's worth of cooking done in a single day.

Sweet v1 end
tumblr_mavmygaOVs1qevo72o1_250.png

No actual cappable scenes :/ which is unfortunate for a really good set of ones shots and such mostly around older school students. Train story remained most interesting as I guess I was impressed they could do it on a train and just cover with a coat and people not notice, still dont know if he was sober or not. Then the other story of the tutor and student was memorable, I guess it wasn't a dream, and finally the two that started getting together after always observing the other two doing it in the solitary classroom, if it continued more to see if they got feelings for one another would have been great.

Hungry Joker 16
tumblr_mjeg80d0J61qbxqfpo1_250.png

Thrilling end to that arc with a typical Haiji face, composition of the main team could be a bit better in design but they do have good abilities. I dont think its enough at this point to be able to take on Mavro, so perhaps some power boost or unlock new Eureka ability next arc? Nysayasu is an interesting antagonist but I still like Kild a bit better, doesn't feel as hardcore evil as he does.

NO!!!!!

So sad to hear this announcement. Initial D is probably one of my most favorite Seinen manga. Then again the story is nearing its natural conclusion.

I'm really gonna miss this when it ends. I wish the chapters were of better quality since Tokyopop went out of business and manga volumes stopped coming out. Really hope someone picks it up digitally or something. That or I have to learn Japanese.

I might pick up Food Smut and Beserk along with 7 seeds but only after a few more manga end.
I know how you feel, I really like Initial D.

That said, no one told me about fifth stage?! Omg. Oh. My. God! Wtf!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hungry Joker 16
tumblr_mjeg80d0J61qbxqfpo1_250.png

Thrilling end to that arc with a typical Haiji face, composition of the main team could be a bit better in design but they do have good abilities. I dont think its enough at this point to be able to take on Mavro, so perhaps some power boost or unlock new Eureka ability next arc? Nysayasu is an interesting antagonist but I still like Kild a bit better, doesn't feel as hardcore evil as he does.

I stopped reading this one because I have a feeling it will be canned early.

Wiseblade

I also possess the same... feeling. It's a bit of a shame because I liked the one-shot. Then they uh, serialized a completely different manga.

Yanda is literally the best guy.

She was all like "give me that!"

And the he was all like "sure, I'll just play with this better one..."

it was the BEST THING

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I also possess the same... feeling. It's a bit of a shame because I liked the one-shot. Then they uh, serialized a completely different manga.
Yanda is literally the best guy.

Yeah, that put me off a bit. The original concept was much more interesting imo.

Berserk 7-8

And so I finally get to meet Griffith. Really interesting guy. I'd love to know more, but I'm okay with just learning the purpose behind Gutts' seal. Theresia is obviously coming back at some point and I can't wait for it. Nothing's better than a wonderful revenge story, filled with hatred. I wonder if Gutts gets to nail her.

I really love the character design of the demonic group and the art in general was really well done. The individual characters of the group looked fantastic and the depiction of the soul stream picking up the cunts soul was pretty good.

Berserk 7-8

And so I finally get to meet Griffith. Really interesting guy. I'd love to know more, but I'm okay with just learning the purpose behind Gutts' seal. Theresia is obviously coming back at some point and I can't wait for it. Nothing's better than a wonderful revenge story, filled with hatred. I wonder if Gutts gets to nail her.

I really love the character design of the demonic group and the art in general was really well done. The individual characters of the group looked fantastic and the depiction of the soul stream picking up the cunts soul was pretty good.

Prepare for the suffering.

Kusagari

That Wall of Shame picture is amazing.

Nisekoi

Manga has taught me Japanese girls can get drunk off practically anything.

AKB49 118

SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL

Hopefully.

Check out Nickelodeon when you get the chance. Bunch of short stories that are a bit weirder.

Then if you're still curious check out The End of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War where things get really weird.

How interesting.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 20

I want some plot damn it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Berserk 7-8

Oh boy here we go.

Did not make the wall of shame this time , spending less time with manga gaf since i busy with other stuff .
Also it seem Initial D in finally coming to a end have not read the manga much but i love the anime .
Will read the last few chapters even if the current anime series has it's own ending .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom