• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Tonari is ending at 12, isn't it? Final volume out sometime this year with the attached OVA.

/edit oh, they updated. SWEET.

I selfishly hope Kubo doesn't get a break. The guy got married and denied us Bleach for a while. Another 4 weeks would be torture, especially with the current arc. I want to see Engetsu's Final Getsuga Tensho since Isshin did use it apparently which cost him his powers.

High School of the Dead coming back makes me very happy but where did it even leave off? I have to read the whole thing again which wouldn't be bad actually.

BTW totally rooting for the Samurai girl over the crush.

I selfishly hope Kubo doesn't get a break. The guy got married and denied us Bleach for a while. Another 4 weeks would be torture, especially with the current arc. I want to see Engetsu's Final Getsuga Tensho since Isshin did use it apparently which cost him his powers.

He cant have lots of chapters built up so that the series wont go on break? I could have thought thats what some manga people did, like Hiro Mashima?

Lain

Just found out that The Breaker: New Waves has been licensed in Italy and will start coming out this September. It was about time and since the authors were adamant they weren't gonna license it until it was done, it's got to be close to its end.
Also, they got Mirai Nikki Paradox and Mirai Nikki Mosaic.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Just found out that The Breaker: New Waves has been licensed in Italy and will start coming out this September. It was about time and since the authors were adamant they weren't gonna license it until it was done, it's got to be close to its end.

Doesn't even seem close. The nine-arts dragon that the entire thing is revolving around hasn't even shown up yet. But it has progressed a lot. Still haven't seen much of the shadow organization that got mentioned in the first couple chapters of the original series.

Knowing Kubo, it's probably a splash of white ink.

Sono Mama de 5

Thank goodness they waited until this week, I cant imagine having to wait from chapter 5 to chapter 6, that was like one year between the chapter releases and its the final one. 5 was really good, happy then sad because of family issues and potentially breaking up, then devotion through all. Hope the ending is really happy and touching.

Lain

Doesn't even seem close. The nine-arts dragon that the entire thing is revolving around hasn't even shown up yet. But it has progressed a lot. Still haven't seen much of the shadow organization that got mentioned in the first couple chapters of the original series.

I'm guessing they'll do a part 3 after New Waves, since it seems New Waves will be (tentatively) composed of only 10 volumes.

Knowing Kubo, it's probably a splash of white ink.

lol It will probably be a fire one since Engetsu is Scathing Moon. Interesting since Kaien had a water Zanpaktou called Nejibana while his uncle has a fire one assuming it is a fire type.

I think authors have chapters saved up just in case if Bakuman is to believed. But they are gonna run out if 4 weeks pass DTL.

I dropped The Breaker after the end of the first part. Really pissed me off how the MC lost all his power and pretty became much a cripple.

Any chance it has gotten better?

Lain

I dropped The Breaker after the end of the first part. Really pissed me off how the MC lost all his power and pretty became much a cripple.

Any chance it has gotten better?

New Waves has Shioon working on getting back his powers and he becomes, imho, an actual good main character, even if the pace feels slow, especially with how short each chapter is.

I wonder why mirai nikki and its offshoots are not released here in the us :( at least we get the anime.

I thought Mirai Nikki was published in the US?

High School of the Dead coming back makes me very happy but where did it even leave off? I have to read the whole thing again which wouldn't be bad actually.

BTW totally rooting for the Samurai girl over the crush.

I haven't read a thing of HSotD but I can tell you that you need to lower your expectations

20.jpg
Onani Master Kurosawa 3-4

I thought Kuro was a complete prick but at least he has some actual decency compared to everyone else.

I mean who honestly laughs at a girl being picked on and is reduced to crying? Every single student in those panels apparently. All of them are absolute jerks and whatever payback Kuro has planned for those girls hopefully ends with them being humilated as well.

Molester Man 21.5

After that panel, I would have wound up voting for her too.

Anyway, Molester really should have let go of Sachiko, he has Kansai so he doesn't need her anymore and she's really not worth the trouble. Glad the poll turned out decent (Lord Molester should have been higher), Loli being that high was nice and the little tease with Kansai's brother was something I was expecting to see during the end panels during the finale but didn't happen. Feel really bad for glasses bro though.

Berserk, Vol 7

YfvfW8p.png

This was interesting. Lot of character development and some good fighting. Really well balanced. Caska's story was a bit cliche, but it fits into that time and universe. Just nothing special or surprising. I have to admit, I was wrong about Griffith. He might not have been a total asshole from the beginning and I certainly didn't expect him to go this far. But then again, seeing how he was somewhat cold about it and calculated the benefit, I still wonder ...

Anyway, I liked the scenes with Gutts and Caska (or is it Casca?) and I'd say they're good together. I almost want to spoil myself and see if the two have something going and when she dies. :lol I wish Kishi wasn't so afraid of women and would make them a bit stronger.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Berserk, Vol 7

YfvfW8p.png

This was interesting. Lot of character development and some good fighting. Really well balanced. Caska's story was a bit cliche, but it fits into that time and universe. Just nothing special or surprising. I have to admit, I was wrong about Griffith. He might not have been a total asshole from the beginning and I certainly didn't expect him to go this far. But then again, seeing how he was somewhat cold about it and calculated the benefit, I still wonder ...

Anyway, I liked the scenes with Gutts and Caska (or is it Casca?) and I'd say they're good together. I almost want to spoil myself and see if the two have something going and when she dies. :lol I wish Kishi wasn't so afraid of women and would make them a bit stronger.

Nothing, I will say nothing. Keep reading bro, keep reading. Also keep posting impressions.

Chiisana Koi no Melody 2
tumblr_mjfd26xQ0H1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Still as funny at times as chapter 1 was but this time powered by teasing illusions which I would have wished for more. If we had actually gotten more of the scene, though I guess what we did get was funny in its own way just for how he panicked due to the visions and the events. The rest was good story, trust issues and splitting apart due to the family divorce and trying to keep it secret but feelings of compassion breaking through to shake them up and bring them together again. Enjoyable.

Berserk, Vol 7

Oh boy....oh boy...

I love this because all those feels come back.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk 112

Well, now that the
Eclipse
is all done with, it's really nice to see that it hasn't made Gutts a total dick with no heart in what seems to be 2 years later; and I actually like the dynamic that Puck throws into it all. Seeing Gutts be nice to Jill is refreshing.

This is a question/statement not to be answered (I don't want to know shit beforehand now that I'm actually reading it. I'm just putting it here); but I'm wondering whether or not they jumped beyond where we were in the beginning of the manga after he 'saved' Theresia? I mean, he has Puck now and he didn't know Puck in the beginning. Wonder what happened between pre-flashback event and now. Maybe that'll get filled in.

Onward!

Eusis

It was released by Tokyopop. Then that collapsed so the last two volumes are unreleased.
Have any of those series been rescued by anyone? I remember some GIFs drawing my attention to the series, only to see the US manga was out of print and had been for quite awhile, AND unfinished.

Rinne no Lagrange - Akatsuki no Memoria 7
tumblr_mjfejmCwlR1qbxqfpo1_250.png

That ecchi cover color page of the girl caught me off guard but then the color pages and panels with Izo were great. Random mission with Izo is decent but I dont really care much for this plot. Only interesting thing was the reveal to them that Yurikano had left the world.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Fresh Box

Phew I really got scared that was the end of the series the way they were talking but more is thankfully on the way.

Mysterious Girlfriend X - 75

Well, that was sweet.

Girls of the Wild's - 81

...and thus the Wild's League begins! (Also
Piccolo vs. Moon Young would be awesome
)

Big One

Banned
Berserk 112

Well, now that the
Eclipse
is all done with, it's really nice to see that it hasn't made Gutts a total dick with no heart in what seems to be 2 years later; and I actually like the dynamic that Puck throws into it all. Seeing Gutts be nice to Jill is refreshing.

This is a question/statement not to be answered (I don't want to know shit beforehand now that I'm actually reading it. I'm just putting it here); but I'm wondering whether or not they jumped beyond where we were in the beginning of the manga after he 'saved' Theresia? I mean, he has Puck now and he didn't know Puck in the beginning. Wonder what happened between pre-flashback event and now. Maybe that'll get filled in.

Onward!
It isn't covered, but it really isn't important. All we can assume is that he's been killing Apostles out and about.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I cant believe I've been following Naruto for almost 10 years now... that's a little over 1/3rd of the time I've been alive...

In Bura 11

That's one hell of a reason to carry a grudge. Main girl continues to fill the Lunajena role of being an absolutely vapid, subservient waste of space.

Well if I get banned then I call entrapment.

LGWfOdl.jpg

Asano actually did a good job with the character design this time.
Cross-quoting from the anime thread. Dat Mikasa.

Soma

Shingeki no Kyojin

Probably the first time since I've started this where I've felt like the artwork seemed kinda... rushed.

Kurita

Shingeki No Kyojin

I liked Eren's monologue before punching the Armoured Titan.
I really wonder how they're gonna kill them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom