• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:Breaker 213

Fussy Lunchbox dono... :( Prime Minister Fujiwara is definitely becoming quite a memorable antagonist, the writer should take it to the next level and somehow give him rare kind and etc powers. I think he could even outdeal God mode Heike.

Tears Flowing From a Crying Man (one shot) (Namida Hanamizu Gusyogusyo Danshi).
tumblr_mjvxw94DR11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Took me to the end of the chapter to realize what the cover was about. Premise in the forward had set me up for what was going to come as she explained liking characters with freckles, older characters, and wanting to do a story with crying. Excellent art as usual as that and how her stories are made me a huge fan after encountering my favorite other two stories, Mousou Elektel, and Otona Keikenchi. Atana is a great student and the sensei was kind of funny at times, with good faces and comments all throughout, fun.

survivor

Banned
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 6

So these coloured DBZ pages posted a while back really looked terrible and while reading YKK, I was just shocked at the difference in quality between the two. I mean something like this is just atmospheric and a beautiful scenery shot. I'm just a big fan of the colouring used for the backgrounds and for some of the special pages. I really hope Hitoshi Ashinano has an artbook out somewhere.

Akito

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 6

So these coloured DBZ pages posted a while back really looked terrible and while reading YKK, I was just shocked at the difference in quality between the two. I mean something like this is just atmospheric and a beautiful scenery shot. I'm just a big fan of the colouring used for the backgrounds and for some of the special pages. I really hope Hitoshi Ashinano has an artbook out somewhere.
There is one for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou but it has become quite expensive/rare.

survivor

Banned
There is one for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou but it has become quite expensive/rare.

Oh man you weren't kidding. I can't even find any information about the book. There is some postcard collection book, but it seems like it's just colour pages lifted from the manga.

Akito

Oh man you weren't kidding. I can't even find any information about the book. There is some postcard collection book, but it seems like it's just colour pages lifted from the manga.
Here is the Amazon link if you haven't found it yet. The prices are not too bad for a OOP 143 pages artbook I guess.

survivor

Banned
Happy Marriage!? vol 1

ngb5tbw.png

Ok, I'm sold on this manga. The initial setup was stupid and some of the scenarios are straight out of every bad shoujo cliche, but somehow it all works out perfectly at the end. The thing that really carries the manga for me is the characters. Sure, the guy, Hokuto, is the perfect shoujo male lead, but combined with the other MC, Chiwa, and we end up with some entertaining and fun characters dynamics between the two.

Chiwa's naivety and reaction faces can lead to some pretty hilarious scenarios and the first volume was full of them. I'm not sure if I will get tired of Chiwa's faces after 9 more volumes, but for now they are still making smile.

Also for what it's worth, the art isn't shit. There is some effort put into drawing some backgrounds, filling in some details, making the whole thing visually easy on the eyes, and not a mess of flowers and awkward paneling everywhere.

Excited to read the next volume.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They're so different though. Most of yotsuba's humour comes from its mischievous innocence while hinamatsuri is more absurdist.

Fox318

Code:Breaker 213

Fussy Lunchbox dono... :( Prime Minister Fujiwara is definitely becoming quite a memorable antagonist, the writer should take it to the next level and somehow give him rare kind and etc powers. I think he could even outdeal God mode Heike.

Tears Flowing From a Crying Man (one shot) (Namida Hanamizu Gusyogusyo Danshi).
tumblr_mjvxw94DR11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Took me to the end of the chapter to realize what the cover was about. Premise in the forward had set me up for what was going to come as she explained liking characters with freckles, older characters, and wanting to do a story with crying. Excellent art as usual as that and how her stories are made me a huge fan after encountering my favorite other two stories, Mousou Elektel, and Otona Keikenchi. Atana is a great student and the sensei was kind of funny at times, with good faces and comments all throughout, fun.

Who licks an eye? What if he didn't blink and the licker was sick and it left the other character blinded?

Won't somebody please think of the children?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
No what's foreshadowing is having haki all the way back in chapter 1.

Haki is less of a power and more of an explanation for the shonen trope of overcoming the odds.
It's just a goofy manifestation of one's fighting spirit.

I can see Shanks getting caught by the shark at the time simply because he was focused on Luffy rather than fist fighting a shark. That stuff doesn't work if you're unfocused.

It's just like Ichigo sucking against Kenpachi then not.

Atredeus

Neo Member
So I finished Pluto and Planetes. You guys really should've recommended those sooner. To make it up to me, suggest me something similar. Looking to get more story/character driven as a break from all the Shonen crap I read. Also, bad art makes something really really hard to read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
7 Seeds

Its okay to read this now that God's Beard isn't around, right?

Jintor

Beelzebub -Up to date-

Well I've found another series to add to my read-list to let rest for a year or two and come back to, that was some fun stuff. Pity we're neck-deep in another fighting arc with no time for more char development but whatever.

Popcorn Avatar 01

Looks good, translation is confusing, dropped.

Taiyou No Ie 01

Not impressing me sufficiently, dropped.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou v1

Makes me feel good, kind of curious about the state of the world, a keeper.

Oresama Teacher 19-21

AHHH IT'S HARD TO READ AHHHH

Azure J

Magi 177

It was really pleasant seeing a chill scene like Alibaba and Aladdin just sharing their experiences together like that. lady's revelation is kinda surprising but fits with this new "clones" thing introduced with Titus. I wonder how that's going to develop. Meanwhile Head mage is definitely going to fuck this ceasefire up in the worst ways.

Bright World Project 10

So we've got Amazonian and Unfortunate stereotypes in this now? Cool. I don't see how Amazonian isn't next on the chopping block with how adamantly lesbian she's depicted, but I'm guessing that phone call was from someone with a lot of sway. Haru has a lot of misfortune ahead of himself getting involved with the latter new girl though.

Soul "Why isn't this animated yet?" Eater 108

That escalated quickly. Asura as Shinigami's second (well first) kid was pretty big and now I'm surprised I never thought of that being a thing before. Kid and him do share a lot of traits. BASED BLACK STAR however decides to reject Asura's understanding and substitute himself over all. God, that kid is too good for the kind of archetype he's pigeon holed into. Next up is the Maka/Soul duo's turn, I hope they don't disappoint. Those two have been dying for a new feat since the end of the Baba Yaga arc.

wonzo

Banned
bowbig.gif
OKABE DA GAWDESS
bowbig2.gif

Magi 177

Chapters without Mor: 33 ) - (

i hope mog pulls a hitler and tops himself before doing something really shitty

Domina no Do! 23-30

The hiki sister's moe as hell and th-

dominanodo30.png

Stulaw

Naruto 624

Well it seems that
Izuna died and the Uchiha rejected Madara before the village was created, so I guess that Madara leaves to find power after this, and the Senju come into agreement with the other Uchiha, making Harishima their leader.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Dumb. I don't even get why Madara just instantly decided he didn't want to cooperate in any respect.

wonzo

Banned
Cirque Arachne 1-6 END

A neat little single volume yuri story about two circus performers coming together. It could've used a few more chapters to flesh out the romance some more but it wasn't bad for what it was.

Naruto

I really liked this flashback, but Madara's reaction was incredibly stupid and out of nowhere.
"Oh no, I need to warn my friend and protect him! ... Oh the other hand ... fuck that loser."

Seeing Tobirama shitting his pants because of his brother is always fun, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom