• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Happy birthday Haikyu!! ♪(´ε` )
iMfckdEIJUjce.JPG
Time flies.

Bakuman - END:
I'm actually tearing up as I type this.
Wow. What a series. I don't even know what to type right now.
Just... it's good, OK? It's good! It starts really boring but then it turns into this really fantastic story based around such a simple concept that made it work super well.

That ending, though!
Fuck!
I'mma go look for tissues.

Kreed

One Piece 747:

I guess I'll have to watch the anime version of this chapter. Not much to say on this chapter since it was typical set up, but the ending was funny.

Slam Dunk:

So I mentioned I finished reading this manga a few weeks ago and just discovered some unconfirmed news/speculation that the manga ended early because the mangaka was accused of tracing NBA photos? Really disappointing if true, but it would definitely explain why there were other future opponent characters shown in the manga that we never got to see play basketball.

Slam Dunk:

So I mentioned I finished reading this manga a few weeks ago and just discovered some unconfirmed news/speculation that the manga ended early because the mangaka was accused of tracing NBA photos? Really disappointing if true, but it would definitely explain why there were other future opponent characters shown in the manga that we never got to see play basketball.

Slam Dunk was done way before speculation came up if remember right .
I remember people start talking about it around 2005 and Slam Dunk was finish in 1996 nearly ten years before .
He said he used the pictures as references be some of them really do look like he just copy the poses and call it a day .

kurahador

One Piece 747

LOL, I'm gonna need to watch the anime version for this. Also just like that, we know who Luffy gonna be fighting first.

Naruto

So what happened to Kakashis sharingan, did he just leave it on the floor or something lol, and Madaras third eye opening up wasn't freaky at all

Madao

Naruto

So what happened to Kakashis sharingan, did he just leave it on the floor or something lol, and Madaras third eye opening up wasn't freaky at all

Madara ripped it out from him and used it to get to Obito. then Naruto regenerated his original eye. Kakashi's Sharingan is in Obito's body atm (or, more accurrately, Obito has his eye back)

upandaway

One Piece

I like the mafia angle Doffy's got going on. And that ending, hahahaha.

I could really, really use a couple good 1v1s right about now. I doubt anyone's gonna beat Fujitora this arc so please move Zoro to someone else!

Also super excited to hear Sabo's mysteriously gone. You know something amazing is going to happen whenever a character does that.

Did we ever see Mihawk after the time skip before? He and Perona look pretty good together!

Naruto 676

Sakura's powerup was nice to show that barrier of sorts.

Otherwise really incredibly chapter for one of the events Ive been waiting for to happen, hope we get a few chapters of the world englufed in a what if scenario of the infinite tsukuyomi dream.

Most hilarious moment was Naruto back there commenting while fighting the clones, lol.

Yado

Naruto

Damn Sakura can never have a moment, and still with this Sasuke nonsense. I really dislike the way her character is written.

Kreed

Slam Dunk:

Slam Dunk was done way before speculation came up if remember right .
I remember people start talking about it around 2005 and Slam Dunk was finish in 1996 nearly ten years before .
He said he used the pictures as references be some of them really do look like he just copy the poses and call it a day .

Yes you're correct. I just checked the dates for some of these reports and most were in 2005, way after the manga was done.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

This is definitely a character trait that will work better animated. No wonder Pica has been silent.
Come on one-on-ones!

Toriko

Lots of world building.
Mappy is so awesome.

Grudy

One Piece

amazing chapter!

That panel with Doffy...I love moments like these. I can easily imagine how he see's his crew similar to how Luffy see's the strawhats and I will really feel sorry for him if he loses them in this chaos. Or maybe Kaidou will hurt his executives which he will blame on the starwhats. I don't believe we had a villain who truly wanted revenge against the strawhats yet. Shit now I wanna see this happen >.<

Also I love how these kingdoms are disguising themselves as pirates. You'd think it would be the other way around.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Bakuman - END:
I'm actually tearing up as I type this.
Wow. What a series. I don't even know what to type right now.
Just... it's good, OK? It's good! It starts really boring but then it turns into this really fantastic story based around such a simple concept that made it work super well.

That ending, though!
Fuck!
I'mma go look for tissues.
Now read Rin for another manga about manga

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

Welp...called it last week. There goes Kenpachi.

Naruto

I still don't really get why Sakura attacked Madara head first. To me, it didn't make much sense to run straight at what is probably now considered the most powerful ninja in the entire world just because you picked up Tsunade's jutsu. My guess she hasn't even mastered it yet.

Nice to see Naruto and Sasuke going all out. Based on that ending, we might see something different for the next few issues. I mean, everyone's gonna be stuck in genjutsu so we'll probably get some sort of weird alternate reality bit for a while before Naruto breaks out and punches Madara in the face.

One Piece

Even I imagined Pica's voice to be different. Going to definitely be worth watching these episodes just to hear his voice. Luffy's reactions were priceless this issue and we are starting to see some pairings. Zoro v Fujitora? Holy shit.

Usobuko

Banned
Slam Dunk:

Nah, also, Slam Dunk ended at the highest possible note ever. Inoue used 5 volumes just to draw that second half.

You need to do a little of the DBZ power level thing with Slam Dunk.

In the nationals, Kainan got 2nd, very likely Meiho ( the one with the super op first year ) was first. Aiwa who lost to Meiho in regional beat Shohoku in the National 3rd round because everyone from Shohoku were tired after the Sannoh Match. You can assume Mitsui and Sakuragi not present in that match.

Aiwa is in the same tournament block as Kainan (left side, along with Shohoku & Sannoh whereas Meiho is on the right side ), so they either lost to Kainan or failed to reach them. Shohoku improves way too much after their regional battle with Kainan which was a very close affair (90-88). I would say Shohoku could go and beat everyone else in the tournament if their strength weren't used up against Sannoh. Shohoku basically turns up a gear against Sannoh. I also think Sannoh is the strongest of them all and would probably not lose if the coach didn't take Shohoku for granted ( he had a long-term vision ) and use the giant inexperience first year to go head to head with Sakuragi. The aim was for the giant to accumulate experience and becomes a pillar in Sannoh's future.

bjork

I don't care if a dude traces photos, so long as a good story is being told. Slam Dunk isn't like that thing Gene Simmons' son was doing, after all.

Not everyone can draw from imagination like Shintaro Kago or something. Though, if you told me that HE was tracing, I don't want to see those photos.

Naruto 676

I wonder is Sasuke-kun still cares....

Imma stop you there.

He doesn't care.

Madara doesn't care.

Kakashi probably doesn't care.

And every single rational person still reading this certainly doesn't about you and your continued disappointment.

Kishi just needs to end her misery already.

Yandere Kanojo 1-24
A pretty cute romantic comedy. The art isn't too great but the characters are pretty interesting. Tanaka has some pretty good reactions despite lacking expressions. The grandpa is a cool dude. It's a pretty fun manga that while does settle into some tropes, doesn't really get boring

Kyuur

Bleach

Is Kenpachi seriously jobbing for Ichigo, already? I mean he had a... 'fight' already, but I was expecting him to demolish anyone but the big bad. Didn't he take out several sternrittners pre training?

Naruto

I actually said 'UGH' out loud at you know which part. Ugh. Moving on, the senseless power spam battle continues and we reach a new milestone from what it seems. I think these fights will be better animated if they get a good director.

One Piece

Great chapter, so much stuff going on. I liked the glimpse into Dofla's life and his crew. Franky is the boss, and glad to see the big trio getting into it right away. Looking forward to seeing the voice choice for Pica in the anime.

Does anyone remember which fighter in the Colosseum was from the kingdom Koala was investigating?

Jintor

I do wish the yandere kanojo art was better but it does what it sets out to do and I can easily tell characters apart and stuff so I can't say it's bad really in my books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom