• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolworm

Oh My Goddess 308 (END)

Well, that was straightforward enough. I wonder what his next work will be, it might just be that dorm manga that he had on and off a little while back.

Oh My Goddess 308 (END)

Well, that was straightforward enough. I wonder what his next work will be, it might just be that dorm manga that he had on and off a little while back.
Ah My Goddess ended ? End of an era ! (I was like 10 when I first read it). Maybe I'll catch on, but I doubt it'll be very interesting.

Ana Satsujin 4-18
...what.

Unbalance x Unbalance 47

ZIriHnX.png

The series jerks off a bit about how the MC is a superior man (tm) and how all women recognize it and all that, all to please self-inserting readers of an harem series. It's a bit pathetic. There is a decent amount of sexist undertones in the dialog about men and women, I suppose that's Korea being Korea.
Mmm can be called harem? It's pretty clear they will get together.

Ana Satsujin 24

Standard reaction.

Do not blame him in the slightest for trying to use emergency procedure #2: Willingly or Unwillingly poison yourself to escape a grave situation.

.........Is it bad that the first thing that popped into my head from seeing the last page is Micheal Jackson?

Don't really want to offend the image of the man who brought Thriller into this world.

Revo

Yandere Kanojo Overall thoughts

Nearly all the time, it's pretty cute. Don't really like the Stuco president chapters. Not really sure how I feel about the current developments.

But it's so much better than Nisekoi, so it's got that going for it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yandere Kanojo Overall thoughts

Nearly all the time, it's pretty cute. Don't really like the Stuco president chapters. Not really sure how I feel about the current developments.

But it's so much better than Nisekoi, so it's got that going for it.
stuco president is seriously the worst character in the manga. So annoying.

Unbalance x Unbalance 47

The series jerks off a bit about how the MC is a superior man (tm) and how all women recognize it and all that, all to please self-inserting readers of an harem series. It's a bit pathetic. There is a decent amount of sexist undertones in the dialog about men and women, I suppose that's Korea being Korea.
Mmm can be called harem? It's pretty clear they will get together.
Ew. Straight to the 'shit that I'll never read' pile.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I can pick out LN manga by their summaries now I guess

Kazehaya Kamito has been summoned to the girl's school, Areishia Spirit Academy, which teaches noble young ladies how to make contracts with powerful spirits. On his way, he has the misfortune of catching sight of one of these lady spiritualists bathing. She is Clair Rouge, and she is contracted to a spirit named Scarlet, though she has her sights set on a more powerful spirit. Kamito convinces her to lead him to the school, but she stops on the way to make a contract with this powerful spirit...

for Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's getting an anime adaptation next season~
Seriously? It seems like it's the same as that <Rikka>/[Asterisk] thing, with the MC walking in on the heroine changing, just swap out magical star sword things with spirits.

Anyone would falter! /swoon
yeah no, that's plain stupid.

Witch Meets Knight 3
Megane girl is a straight up yuri fanatic. Sort of annoying.

Also again I feel like if this was set in the west instead of Japan, this wouldn't have lesbian vibes as much. Skinship between girls always seems fine here.

Revo

Race stuff was alright.

Besides the game center meeting it just felt like his character existed just to add needless perversion to the story.

kasane

i hope kurita crams in like a manga character does

his harem is gonna come to his home and his gf is gonna flip so he won't learn anything at all

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun 1
Thought this would have something to do with actual angels and demons, but no, it's just two kids cursed with shitty names. Girl is violent as shit, but the romance has potential. I'll keep an eye on it.

Charade

I thought it is Manga drama adaptations. Once again, for better or worse.

so a manga adaptation of a drama? What will they think of next :D

I can pick out LN manga by their summaries now I guess

Ever since his childhood crush rejected him, Kenji Kumara has vowed to become an enemy of love everywhere. Known around school as the <Devil Cupid>, Kenji derives pleasure in the misfortune of would-be lovers, going out of his way to stomp out all relationships. One day, he finds an ornate letter in his locker addressed to him. Thinking it's a love letter, he gleefully arrives at the chosen spot, ready to turn her down. But he's surprised to find a strange-looking woman there instead, with wings and a golden bow. Suddenly, she strikes his heart with an arrow declaring that he has now joined the ranks of the <Cupids> and will become an agent of spreading love and joy!

This one should get an anime :D

Unbalance x Unbalance

http://i.imgur.com/EC2kKDq.jpg
Slutty wedding dress? What a classy cover for the last volume! /rolleyes
And is that supposed to be the teacher? The face is different!

What it bothers me more of the series is the cliché of the MC being manly (like, the woman sprain an ankle and he carries on his back for a long distance, in fact they use variations of that a few times!) and the woman blushes and thinks "ohh he's better than I thought, so good and adult and manly, maybe my heart is going dokidoki for him". In a way, it seems the idea of romance written by someone who is still mentally a teenager.

It's also fun how the woman think "yeah I won that!" when she gets MC's attention over a rival. Seems they know they are in a harem series! After she goes tsun tsun because until the end she won't admit her feelings, of course.

But that's small shit. The final volume is much more wtf. What the heck was that with the already graduated girl going crazy. It totally clashed with the rest of the story and it's a bit too late to introduce a new plot, just 100 pages before the end. Even more when it's a really really stupid plot twist to create drama just in the end. Just wtf. But at least it leaves us with this image
WPVx6LP.png

At 10 volumes, it's too long for its own good. 10 aren't so many, but the series doesn't tell anything as interesting as to occupy 10 volumes. Less filler, less other secondary girls that don't do anything except provoke misunderstanding and sigh for MC's dick, less teacher being headstrong, and it could have been done a almost decent high school romance in 5 volumes. Almost, the dialog also would have to improve.

In summary, I should have read a Taiyo Matsumoto manga that I had on queue instead of this.

Here's a pretty cool imagine of Naruto I've seen making the rounds. The power levels had increased drastically over the years but it was so seamless, we didn't notice it much.

That's some multi country level shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom