• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece Chapter 508
Meh, I could take Kizaru.

edit: A beeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaam!

Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun 01

WHAPncG.png

An angel did this.

So the story of two people given bad names and I guess how they either take over the school or become friends.

Not bad. The angel punches first and asks questions later and it could be pretty funny and cute.

kasane

Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun 01

An angel did this.

So the story of two people given bad names and I guess how they either take over the school or become friends.

Not bad. The angel punches first and asks questions later and it could be pretty funny and cute.

i thought this was a beelzebub page at first

survivor

Banned
Ctrl + T

An artbook from famous Inio Asano, it contains two short stories.
Wish for spring. Very short, but it's a decent bittersweet story about a girl moving out. There isn't a lot of context, but even then you can extract the character's feeling and feel some empathy.
The sunflower. A guy suffering depression after his parents deaths, but he has a visit... It kind of interesting, it tries to cross narrations and be smart about it, but it's confusing and not that good.

Of course, the art is as good and as sharp as always.
The Solanin teasing in Wish for Spring was killer, but thankfully Asano showed restraint.

I really wish the artbook was longer, lots of great illustrations in it.

Revo

7 seeds overall thoughts

Well, this has certainly been a ride. It took a long time for me to finish this but I am sure glad that I read it. Pretty much all of the manga is good, from the characters to the setting to the general plot. So I think i'll focus more on the negatives.

Of course, there are the SHOUJO EYES. The main culprit behind that it took forever to get far into this series. After 125 chapters I think I'm pretty much over them, but it still urks me from time to time. They aren't the worst eyes that could have been done but there are certainly better ones.

Another complaint is something that has appeared multiple times. The way that 7 seeds story is set up is that we have to spend time with each group, generally sticking with them until the general arc is over (or switching between when multiple are in the area). However, this leads to a fair amount of hype undercutting. The arc is riding high on how I think about it and then bam, new situation. It really is a steep drop when it happens and has almost made me stop for a period of time when it happens.

Overall, another highly recommended manga to everyone.

Spoilered plot stuff ahead:

So far, I think my 3 favorite arcs have been past Ryugu shelter, Summer A school training, and the vertical boat arc. I think these parts are far stronger than the other parts. I also cried like a little girl when the dogs spread the fire. I genuinely cared more about the dogs than most of the 7 seed members. The current arc looks promising as well, perhaps exploring one of the less developed characters as well as notching out the other groups. Not to mention that everyone colliding at one point will be hype as well. I can't wait for more.

_hekk05

Banned
Good luck kurita ♪(┌・。・)┌

Don't be like me. I actually failed one of my finals. Now waiting for the bell curve, since loads of people failed with me.

Fairy Tail

I know Fairy Tail enough to guess this is (probably) not permanent but still cool move.

TBH i did not like the move at all. It contradicts with Lucy´s character of her protecting all of her friends including the spirits. She chose her real FT friends instead for the spirits, which is uncharacteristic for her. Remember when Lucy challenged the spirit king because of Leo? Of course it´s not permanent :D

_hekk05

Banned
Just to expand on what i said. I thought she would have summon the king without sacrificing anything, because her strong friendship with the spirits.

Nonono. The point of it is, she is only able to summon the spirit king because of her strong friendship with the spirits.

I'm willing to bet that she would have to do a quest for the spirit king to reforge the key though

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece Chapter 524
GO FOR IT, LUFFY!
SHE WANTS THE MONKEY D.

Yesss Luffy and Buggy Tag team

Nonono. The point of it is, she is only able to summon the spirit king because of her strong friendship with the spirits.

I'm willing to bet that she would have to do a quest for the spirit king to reforge the key though

I understand that, but i thought it would happen the same way it happened with Leo, when the spirit king arrived and pardon Leo because of his strong bond Lucy. Of course he will reforge it, which will make the whole scene useless.

I understand that, but i thought it would happen the same way it happened with Leo, when the spirit king arrived and pardon Leo because of his strong bond Lucy. Of course he will reforge it, which will make the whole scene useless.

I quit reading FT, but I always assumed Lucy's bond with Leo was largely because he was technically also a FT member.

I've always found that FT is best read as propoganda for a fictional cult called FT. A lot of plot choices and elements make a lot more sense from that perspective.

So, I finally started it.
Aunt Tits #1 - 50
I've had a huge grin on my face since chapter one.
I mean, DAMN. I would bite the hell out of them buns.

That's cheating, even I could name my favorites in that case lol

Nausicaä
Akira
Kingdom
Yotsubato (ssshhh up-kun)
7 Seeds
REAL

How is cheating?

I only named the ones I never read anything of them, and I suspect they can be very good.
I didn't name stuff that I finished or that I started reading.

Also, read Nausicaa and Akira. Now.

Aunt Tits 1-123
NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE
I am done for 1 month

WHO ARE YOU

YOU POSTED LIKE ONCE BEFORE OR SOMETHING RIGHT

YOUR TOP 5 PLEASE

hmmmm....
5.Trinity Seven/Tora Kiss/Tsuki Tsuki/Dragons Rioting (can't decide....)
4.Break Blade/Sidonia No Kishi
3.Fullmetal
2.One Punch Man (redrawn)
1.Iris Zero

_hekk05

Banned
hmmmm....
5.Trinity Seven/Tora Kiss/Tsuki Tsuki/Dragons Rioting (can't decide....)
4.Break Blade/Sidonia No Kishi
3.Fullmetal
2.One Punch Man (redrawn)
1.Iris Zero

MY MAN WITH IRIS ZERO!!!!!!

ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ︵╰(^ω^)╯︵ ┌(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Nordicus

Paperweight Eye 11 (end)

NOOOOOOO.gif

FUCK THIS MANGA! Not only is this manipulative, deceptive god complex control freak kidnapper portrayed as a misunderstood saviour at the end, Marie ending up in sort of vegetative state at the end is supposed to be taken as a positive conclusion because now she can't remember those painful childhood memories anymore. She has not overcome her problems at all, just run away. Oh sure, she won't cut her wrists anymore, but she can't bloody walk or talk either! Just smile brainlessly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom