• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Here's a pretty cool imagine of Naruto I've seen making the rounds. The power levels had increased drastically over the years but it was so seamless, we didn't notice it much.

That's some multi country level shit.

Over the years? That shit all happened in the same arc.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So what do you think is the best manga you have yet to read ManGAF and what are you waiting for?
I guess Hunter x Hunter or something... It's daunting to read a long series like that, especially if I know I won't be able to put it down, so I'm waiting for my exams to be over. So maybe after next Wednesday. That gives me a week or two until my finals start.

Also I wanted to finish Attack on Titan before that, I'm a little less than half way through I think, but I don't really have motivation to finish it up.

So what do you think is the best manga you have yet to read ManGAF and what are you waiting for?

To cheese my way out of this, I'm probably who knows how behind in Gintama so might as well say I haven't read this yet.

I'm still reading Ookiku here and I haven't even pass what the anime adapted yet. Having volume long chapters makes reading it very daunting.

I guess there's also Haikyuu!!, Assassinate Classroom, Kuroko no Basket, probably something else that's super long and I'll never get around to reading anytime soon.

Over the years? That shit all happened in the same arc.

I mean real time. The War arc is done after they defeated obito, there's not alliance or Zetsu clones or Edo zombies. The tome shift dramatically with the introduction of the Sage of Six Paths relatives and Madara's power up.

The war happened in like 2 or 3 days, is crazy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have read all the good manga there is to read.

Revo

mmm

Well I'm in the middle of stuff like 7 seeds (85/125 chapters completed) and Oyasumi Punpun (107/147). Those 2 are probably the most recommended series I have that I have yet to read/finish.

For 7 seeds kinda lost the urge after I read like 70 chapters in a sitting then stopped to do something else. I think I'll get back to that right now actually.

For punpun quite frankly at points I just really don't want to continue. So I put it off forever until I do another few chapters. Eventually I'll just man up and read it all one afternoon.

Probably Akira. Need to get started on that.

I mean real time. The War arc is done after they defeated obito, there's not alliance or Zetsu clones or Edo zombies. The tome shift dramatically with the introduction of the Sage of Six Paths relatives and Madara's power up.

The war happened in like 2 or 3 days, is crazy.

2-3 days = 2-3 years, that's shonen pacing in it's prime

Stulaw

Can't See Can't Hear But Love 40-45

Picked this up again after 2 years, I think I was revising for Uni exams and just forgot to pick it up again.

Sori is still the best thing in it, followed by the ambulance driver, the chapters really show how hard dementia can be on people, especially pets that don't know what's going on, turns out that the dog "Jolly" that Sori and Geun-Soo own was originally that cross dressing man's dog "Mong", due to his dementia, he left Mong in the park waiting for instructions, making the dog feel like it did something bad, and until Sori found it it was starving and injured. Chapter 45 ended quite sweetly though.

Mmm

Boys on the Run
Ciguatera
Fushigi na Shounen
G Senjou Heaven's Door
Gunjo
Moteki
My Girl
No 5
Ode to Kirihito
Old Boy
Piano no Mori
Ran to Haiiro
Ressentiment
Seizon Life
Ultra Heaven

I'm waiting to have enough time of course. Right now I'm finishing shorter stuff, like oneshots, and 1-2 volumes, in a pair of weeks I will start some of them. edit: and in the case of some of those, I'm holding up to see if they finish the serialization one day, and can read it from start to finish.

Akito

Mmm

Boys on the Run
Ciguatera
Fushigi na Shounen
G Senjou Heaven's Door
Gunjo
Moteki
My Girl
No 5
Ode to Kirihito
Old Boy
Piano no Mori
Ran to Hajiro
Ressentiment
Seizon Life
Ultra Heaven

I'm waiting to have enough time of course. Right now I'm finishing shorter stuff, like oneshots, and 1-2 volumes, in a pair of weeks I will start some of them.
That's cheating, even I could name my favorites in that case lol

Nausicaä
Akira
Kingdom
Yotsubato (ssshhh up-kun)
7 Seeds
REAL

Akito

Ashita no Joe v3
Eh, still not really feeling this, which is why I'm taking this much time between each volumes. This really is like a manga version of Rocky, Joe is also a kid with no apparent redeeming qualities other than tanking damage like a madman and hitting like a truck to win once the opponent is tired. Not to mention that the quality of the scans is seriously bad right now.

kasane

Ashita no Joe v3
Eh, still not really feeling this, which is why I'm taking this much time between each volumes. This really is like a manga version of Rocky, Joe is also a kid with no apparent redeeming qualities other than tanking damage like a madman and hitting like a truck to win once the opponent is tired. Not to mention that the quality of the scans is seriously bad right now.

I only discovered this because of bakuman

or more accurately i was only interested in it because of bakuman

Revo

7 Seeds Ch89

Nooooooo.....even though the first test was my favorite arc so far. Well, as long as Semimaru lives, I'm okay with anything that happens.

Akito

I'm mostly interested in seeing the buildup for that one moment but somehow I really doubt that it will be satisfying.

Scum

Unbalance x Unbalance

http://i.imgur.com/EC2kKDq.jpg
Slutty wedding dress? What a classy cover for the last volume! /rolleyes
And is that supposed to be the teacher? The face is different!

What it bothers me more of the series is the cliché of the MC being manly (like, the woman sprain an ankle and he carries on his back for a long distance, in fact they use variations of that a few times!) and the woman blushes and thinks "ohh he's better than I thought, so good and adult and manly, maybe my heart is going dokidoki for him". In a way, it seems the idea of romance written by someone who is still mentally a teenager.

It's also fun how the woman think "yeah I won that!" when she gets MC's attention over a rival. Seems they know they are in a harem series! After she goes tsun tsun because until the end she won't admit her feelings, of course.

But that's small shit. The final volume is much more wtf. What the heck was that with the already graduated girl going crazy. It totally clashed with the rest of the story and it's a bit too late to introduce a new plot, just 100 pages before the end. Even more when it's a really really stupid plot twist to create drama just in the end. Just wtf. But at least it leaves us with this image
WPVx6LP.png

At 10 volumes, it's too long for its own good. 10 aren't so many, but the series doesn't tell anything as interesting as to occupy 10 volumes. Less filler, less other secondary girls that don't do anything except provoke misunderstanding and sigh for MC's dick, less teacher being headstrong, and it could have been done a almost decent high school romance in 5 volumes. Almost, the dialog also would have to improve.

In summary, I should have read a Taiyo Matsumoto manga that I had on queue instead of this.

Lim Dall-Young.

wtzgU.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece 498
That's quite the ladylike pose Bonney has in the first panel she appears in.

Akito

Doubutsu no Kuni v01
One day a tanuki named Monoko stumbles across a baby abandoned by its mother. Having no family of her own, she raises the baby to the best of her ability even though they originate from different species. Hardships and enemies face the tanukis but that doesn't stop Monoko protecting the baby at all costs. Many trials await this baby as it grows and communicates with the animal world.
Already much more compelling than Ashita no Joe, plenty of dem feels moments already in the first volume. It's from the author of Zatch Bell so the weirdness is still there if that's something that bothers you.

Freezing

wait, that's the guy who does Freezing right? Is that series the same way?

It basically switches gender roles to the females kicking all sorts of ass and killing each other while the males mostly help limit their powers (for safety).

Also main female who is strong and a loner with personal issues is attracted to the main male since he's a kind and friendly guy to her plus he also has a different kind of strength.

Basically that pic multipled by a million :p

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Vol.01

In a school where your grades determines how good your classroom is, they have summon battles where classes can fight each other using summon spirits based off their grades.

Pretty enjoyable. Doesn't have the nice visual flair that the anime has which made it funny but the dialogue is still pretty fun. I do like seeing all the test answers they do at the end of every chapter. I also forgot how quick they go through the challenges, going through three battles just in one volume.

kasane

Freezing

It basically switches gender roles to the females kicking all sorts of ass and killing each other while the males mostly help limit their powers (for safety).

Also main female who is strong and a loner with personal issues is attracted to the main male since he's a kind and friendly guy to her plus he also has a different kind of strength.

So basically that pic multipled by a million :p
freezing has awesome plot

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
7 Seeds 97
All I can think about is Katy Perry's Firework
just imagine him having sparklers attached to his nips

or is that a different video of hers

Freezing

Basically that pic multipled by a million :p
but is there still like, casual sexism? or like instances where they have like no sense of self-worth and think their love interest is so much better than them? with that kind of set up I doubt it, but you never know

I might not read it anyway since it's got a harem tag on it though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

She'll get her summons back, she doesn't have all 13 yet.

just imagine him having sparklers attached to his nips

or is that a different video of hers

but is there still like, casual sexism? or like instances where they have like no sense of self-worth and think their love interest is so much better than them? with that kind of set up I doubt it, but you never know

I might not read it anyway since it's got a harem tag on it though

IIRC not exactly.

the only part i could point was a flashback for the main lead (during her abusive childhood) but what she took from that was the opposite (she will be strong and never be forced in such a vulnerable position again).

And maybe the dude had it cross his mind since he want's to be strong so he can protect her? but iirc he strives to make that happen with his own power

but hey i kinda stopped reading.

As for the harem the last time i checked it out it was 2 girls (main girl and another who appears later) who were really interested in him, not sure if that increased. Plus he also only "sees" the main girl anyways

edit: apparently there is a 3rd one so welp :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom