• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

The cover was nice and the story wa actually promising for a while, but I will not stand for this kind of ending, especially since Marie's one friend from before being kidnapped is all "Oh, she's basically a doll now. This man before me is the one that kidnapped her months ago and marie will never be the same again, but I'll just go with it. LOOK AT MAH MARIONETTES!"

Shengar

The cover was nice and the story wa actually promising for a while, but I will not stand for this kind of ending, especially since Marie's one friend from before being kidnapped is all "Oh, she's basically a doll now. This man before me is the one that kidnapped her months ago and marie will never be the same again, but I'll just go with it. LOOK AT MAH MARIONETTES!"

That sounds pretty sick, especially considering this is a supposedly a regular manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Banana no Nana ch1-End

What the fuck.

It's like every bad shonen trope has been crammed together into this. Holy shit.
Why did I read this.

What do you have to say for your defense, MangaGAF?

Akito

How is cheating?

I only named the ones I never read anything of them, and I suspect they can be very good.
I didn't name stuff that I finished or that I started reading.

Also, read Nausicaa and Akira. Now.
I was thinking more of the one best manga but it's my fault for not clarifying that.

bjork

Banana no Nana ch1-End

What the fuck.

It's like every bad shonen trope has been crammed together into this. Holy shit.
Why did I read this.

You should be reading quality instead, like Golgo.

_hekk05

Banned
Banana no Nana ch1-End

What the fuck.

Why did I read this.

You mean a title like Banana no Nana doesn't rouse your interest? MangaGaf is also SmutGaf.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Banana no Nana ch1-End

What the fuck.

Why did I read this.

It's not like people actively recommended it. In fact I remember describing it as super super super dumb.

bigkrev

finals were the best gaming time :3

Finals of freshmen year were supposed to be for studying, but I ended up playing Enzai 100% in Fall, and the Halo 3 Beta in Spring.

I shaped up after that debacle! (although Persona 3 portable nearly destroyed my final spring semester)

Aunt Tits 1-123
NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE
I am done for 1 month

So, I finally started it.
Aunt Tits #1 - 50
I've had a huge grin on my face since chapter one.
I mean, DAMN. I would bite the hell out of them buns.

Always glad to see more satisfied customers. I'm like 15 chapters behind, but I want to wait a little longer so I don't blow my load in 30 minutes. Whoever decided to make this like 6 pages a week is EVIL.

So what do you think is the best manga you have yet to read ManGAF and what are you waiting for?

7 Seeds, Akira and Medoka Box are all things I would like to read at some point. I'd also love to read a Soccer manga, but there are too many of them out there to even pick one and start with

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds, Akira and Medoka Box are all things I would like to read at some point.
The Akira manga's pretty bloated (and pointless when the fantastic movie exists) and Medaka Box is a real mixed bag so you're not missing much. 7 Seeds tho
rejoice.png

Akito

7 Seeds, Akira and Medoka Box are all things I would like to read at some point. I'd also love to read a Soccer manga, but there are too many of them out there to even pick one and start with
I don't think there is even a standout soccer manga in the first place so no big loss there. Watch Shoot if you have to.

Zweizer

Banned
You should be reading quality instead, like Golgo.

Golgo 13? I should resume it I guess.

You mean a title like Banana no Nana doesn't rouse your interest? MangaGaf is also SmutGaf.

That'll teach me to not trust you guys (´・ω・`)

It's not like people actively recommended it. In fact I remember describing it as super super super dumb.

It's worth reading just to see how dumb it is.

Trust me on this.
(#゚Д゚)
It delivered a bit too much.

Space Ship

What a trip.

Woman is dissatisfied with her work and life, she feels trapped in the mundane. She dreams of exploring space.
One day, she hijacks a spaceship (?) and then is rescued by an alien giant space ship, where it seems to meet her soul mate who is involved in a epic battle. And I'm making it sound more normal than it is, it's kind of aimless, way weirder: this is 80% drug-fueled shit.

We can call the art "sketchy", I think. Reaaally sketchy. Though it has some nice color pages at the start

Banana no Nana ch1-End

What the fuck.

Why did I read this.

I tried reading chapter 1. I am now on page 43.
words cannot describe what I am feeling now............
officially dropped forever in my book....

_hekk05

Banned
I tried reading chapter 1. I am now on page 43.
words cannot describe what I am feeling now............
officially dropped forever in my book....

Whenever some crazy ass bullshit happens to you in real life, just read a chapter or 2 of banana no nana. I guarantee you real life becomes an improvement in context

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soredemo machi wa mawatteiru 111

2ln9TuG.png

D'aaaaw.

Also black hair kon futaba. My heart can't take it.

Then again, any kon futaba chapter is bad for my heart.

Detective Conan 897:
I know there was a little bit of hinting at this in some of the previous chapters, but this is a really lame way to resolve things here. Why did we spend so much time on Bourbon if he's just going to be another undercover agent?

Flower

Tza0qMV.png

It isn't about flowers but about masks! Plot twist!

In a strange tribe, full of customs of ritual dances, there are problems between the mask craftsman, whose heir in the job is his middle son Tsubaki instead of the more talented loner and younger son Yuri, and the rain dancers who use the masks, who have to call down the rain, one of them the talented but still green Mozu, the eldest son.

Yuri is a bit "touched by the gods". He seems autistic or something close, but in that condition he can connect with the spirits easily, and I suppose that's why he can craft the marvelous masks, even he is recluse in his home.
The father wants him to go outside and know the real world, he considers to be lacking in that department to be his true heir, even if everyone already praises Yuri's masks.

Very... Taiyo Matsumuto, definitively.
After reading Zero and watching Ping Pong, it's clear he likes issues like talent vs lack of it, and the frustrations, expectations and ambitions that surge from, in this case mixed with all the family issues.

Alas, this ia short story of 100 pages, it isn't as developed as it could be done. In fact all it's resolved much faster than i thought.

upandaway

Detective Conan 897:
I know there was a little bit of hinting at this in some of the previous chapters, but this is a really lame way to resolve things here. Why did we spend so much time on Bourbon if he's just going to be another undercover agent?
So is there still hype for 900 or is the dream over?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Banana no Nana ch1-End

What the fuck.

Why did I read this.

...is this the "yuri sex on the moon! (with a banana)" manga?

you did this to yourself dude

Ah! My Goddess Final
All's well that ends well, I suppose. Shame we'll never get to see what live will hold for them after this though.

25 years is one hell of a run though.

Charade

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 1

When summer break ended, high schooler Ichijou Hajime found out that everyone in his class but him has gotten a girlfriend or a boyfriend! Hajime suddenly finds himself as a "loner", but then Ninomiya Chitose transfers into his class...!?

Pretty cute. Can't see it stretching out too far beyond them getting together, but I guess we'll see. The potential for that fluffy factor is certainly there.

Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure 1

Strangely compelling.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, that reminds me that spirit circle is on crunchyroll, except that chapter 15-19 are missing. :(
the bastards, they're missing the Houtarou arc, which was the best one so far.

Strong Chase Weak Animato 0
0pAS9Xg.png

lewdest pure manga yet. Artist is the same guy who does Horimiya, I think

Revo

Knight Run 79

Time for the build up.

Baby Steps 217

Well, this makes it even less likely he'll win.

Girls of the Wilds 138

The problem basically being solved like that is bluh and this guy coming back is bluh

So bluh all around.

_hekk05

Banned
Danmachi 13

Rabbit-kun is getting stronger!! Poor kami-sama. All those misunderstandings. She'll never be Rabbit-kun's waifu.

The loli will appear soon

Zweizer

Banned
Someone read Banana no Nana?

And is blaming us?

...well, okay, that's probably fair.

Where else would you know about this thing's existence?

Read something legitimately good like Spirit Circle, Horimiya, or Kono Oto Tomare.

Horimiya ch1-9

Pretty cute. I like the premise and the various interactions are rather fun to read. I guess however that due to its rather slice-of-lifey nature it doesn't really go anywhere? Definitely continuing this though.

The little kid gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom