• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Dungeon ni Deai I forgot the Rest of the Title

I think poor Goddess-chan has the wrong idea about her vassal liking her back... uh oh.

In the rabu-rabu way, I mean.

Aizo

Banned
Space Ship

What a trip.

Woman is dissatisfied with her work and life, she feels trapped in the mundane. She dreams of exploring space.
One day, she hijacks a spaceship (?) and then is rescued by an alien giant space ship, where it seems to meet her soul mate who is involved in a epic battle. And I'm making it sound more normal than it is, it's kind of aimless, way weirder: this is 80% drug-fueled shit.

We can call the art "sketchy", I think. Reaaally sketchy. Though it has some nice color pages at the start
It's actually called Space Ship EE, and it's written by Takano Aya, who works for Kaikai Kiki. She's not only a professional artist, but also an academic essayist. Really awesome woman. Anyway, her art is surely sketchy in the manga for a reason. The reason is up to the reader to decide, though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Horimiya ch1-9
Pretty cute. I like the premise and the various interactions are rather fun to read. I guess however that due to its rather slice-of-lifey nature it doesn't really go anywhere? Definitely continuing this though.
I mean it does go somewhere, but by nature of it being a school life manga, it's not necessarily as exciting/blood pumping as your average fantasy manga. Horimiya primarily focuses on character relationships and development over everything else.

I recommended those manga in particular because Spirit Circle would make you forget by drowning you in feels, Horimiya would cleanse your palate, and Kono Oto Tomare I recommend regardless of what you actually want to read.

Kodomo no Omocha 1
Man this male lead is an ultra brat. Female lead is sort of bitchy, but in a good way. She's not taking any shit and is looking out for the other girls, so I like her.

Poor sensei,

Aizo

Banned
So what do you think is the best manga you have yet to read ManGAF and what are you waiting for?

Does this include those that we've read partially, but haven't finished?

I'm pretty sure that I'll be in love with the following series when I finish them:

Oyasumi Punpun
Eyeshield 21
Eden: It's an Endless World!
The Five Star Stories
Kingdom

I have a tendency of holding back from finishing things that I know I'll love. This is why I still haven't beaten BioShock Infinite, The Witcher 2, NieR, Psychonauts, or Tactics Ogre. Or, the reason why I haven't finished watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Zeta Gundam, Ashita no Joe, Ikebukuro West Gate Park, or The Wire yet.

survivor

Banned

I'm pretty sure that I'll be in love with the following series when I finish them:

Oyasumi Punpun
Eyeshield 21
The Five Star Stories
Kingdom

I have a tendency of holding back from finishing things that I know I'll love. This is why I still haven't beaten BioShock Infinite, The Witcher 2, NieR, Psychonauts, or Tactics Ogre. Or, the reason why I haven't finished watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Zeta Gundam, Ashita no Joe, Ikebukuro West Gate Park, or The Wire yet.
Bro go beat Nier. It's the only JRPG this past gen with a good story and writing.

kasane

Paperweight Eye 11 (end)

NOOOOOOO.gif

FUCK THIS MANGA! Not only is this manipulative, deceptive god complex control freak kidnapper portrayed as a misunderstood saviour at the end, Marie ending up in sort of vegetative state at the end is supposed to be taken as a positive conclusion because now she can't remember those painful childhood memories anymore. She has not overcome her problems at all, just run away. Oh sure, she won't cut her wrists anymore, but she can't bloody walk or talk either! Just smile brainlessly!
sounds like pure shit

It's actually called Space Ship EE, and it's written by Takano Aya, who works for Kaikai Kiki. She's not only a professional artist, but also an academic essayist. Really awesome woman. Anyway, her art is surely sketchy in the manga for a reason. The reason is up to the reader to decide, though.

Yep, very literally, the spaceship is called EE.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
For the sake of keeping the peace in mangaGAF, I'll take it back...
but I would actually be okay with that
. I've only read the manga, but I feel like it's just okay, not great or anything.

Kodomo no Omocha 4
Guessing that he's the reason his mom is dead, and that's why he's suicidal.

_hekk05

Banned
I read that so many years ago... possibly, one of the first shojos I read.

I think mine was either fruits basket or tsubasa chronicles. Can't remember which, also can't even be sure if tsubasa is a shoujo. Maybe its simply a CLAMP

Saucy go read danmachi. Its actually on stupid moon, you gotta manually search for it though. Doesn't show up at the sidebar

Aizo

Banned
Bro go beat Nier. It's the only JRPG this past gen with a good story and writing.
I know, I know, I know I'll love it! I bought it on the day it came out, and I've listened to the soundtrack more times than I could possibly count... I just tend to hold off on things I know that I'll really enjoy, as if I'm saving them for something. I'll get to it, but I haven't had as much time for my hobbies lately. :/
Yep, very literally, the spaceship is called EE.

I was being a stickler, because that's the full title of the manga. ^^;

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Saucy go read danmachi. Its actually on stupid moon, you gotta manually search for it though. Doesn't show up at the sidebar
I'll get to it one of these days.

I think my first shoujo series was Sailor Moon, but I saw it as an anime and never read the manga. Same with Card Captor Sakura. I don't remember what my first real shoujo manga was...

I know, I know, I know I'll love it! I bought it on the day it came out, and I've listened to the soundtrack more times than I could possibly count... I just tend to hold off on things I know that I'll really enjoy, as if I'm saving them for something. I'll get to it, but I haven't had as much time for my hobbies lately. :/
Prepare for many, many feels.
Nier would've been a lot better game if all the data in Grimoire Nier was in the actual game though.

Ana Satsujin 18-24
ew ew eeeeew

Zweizer

Banned
I mean it does go somewhere, but by nature of it being a school life manga, it's not necessarily as exciting/blood pumping as your average fantasy manga. Horimiya primarily focuses on character relationships and development over everything else.

That's what I was wondering. So it does have some development. I guess I'd better catch up to it then.

I recommended those manga in particular because Spirit Circle would make you forget by drowning you in feels, Horimiya would cleanse your palate, and Kono Oto Tomare I recommend regardless of what you actually want to read.

I see. Thank you for the recommendations. I'll check the other two series after I've caught up with Horimiya then.

Those are fighting words.

But yeah, go beat Nier. It's an amazing game as far as story and music go.

UberTag

Dolls Fall 1-7

Dolls Fall Chapter 1
Genres: Horror, Mystery, Psychological, School Life, Shounen

In Dolls Fall, we have an orphanage called Jiaiin Girls Dormitories that takes in middle school girls without families. The matrons are nice and teach the children to view each other as sisters, while they act as their mothers. Very welcoming place, and there's only two absolute rules you must follow:

1. At night, lock your doors and don't leave your room.
2. Never enter a matron's room.

What happens if you break one of the two? Well, find out for yourself by reading this manga. The first chapter in this new series doesn't disappoint.
It's been a while since anyone has commented on this manga but I marathoned its initial batch of chapters today and was suitably entertained. It's fun seeing how Makoto Kedouin has taken the lessons learned from adapting the Corpse Party games into a wholly original creation. The art from Amido Sansyoku is pretty sweet as well.

Also, the best part of these 7 chapters is easily this...

MotherfuckinUnicorn_zps761cacb8.png

Akito

Oyasumi Punpun
Eyeshield 21
The Five Star Stories
Kingdom

What about Tsukiyo no Toratsugumi, ya think ya'll like it?
:>

Durarara!! 3 Way Standoff -Alley- 07

Our protag finds out about a website that tracks Shizuo and his first thought is that it is a great way to find out where he is. Uh huh

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece 530

I love Garp's reaction to the news of Luffy's break-in. XD

Old man is completely amused by his family's hijinks

_hekk05

Banned
So Kingdom 388 raws are out. Not gonna spoil anything this time.

Also was randomly surfing the net and found out that sekai maou has 40 chapters of raws. Holy crap

LeleSocho

Banned
Kenichi - 569
Betrayalon! Gimme some 1vs1 action, this is all i ask from this manga.

Naruto 676
Sasuke has not the "simple" rinnegan, he can stop it. Or maybe he activated it before Madara to make him that he actually succeded.

Toriko 277
Gero gero gero, gero gerorin!
Gero gero!

Baby Steps 215-217
I like this fast release schedule.

Koe no Katachi - 36
I don't like this slow release schedule, these boring chapter are even more boring if you have to wait them for weeks.

woo someone else is reading it!
I usually read the whole thread and try everything other gaffer read and do not know of. It usually permit me to discover quite the number of manga without asking every 40 posts "I'M BORED ADVISE ME SOMETHING TO READ ASAP".
I try to read everything dakkumauji reads but fail every time. The man's a beast.

Speaking of GTO :
GTO Paradise Lost 1
  • Onizuka being awesome ✓
  • Onizuka showing his crafting skills (Shonan Greatest Sand Statue Maker baby) ✓
  • Onizuka having a pre-pubescent stache'n'beard ✓
  • Thugs looking for trouble ✓
  • Onizuka kicking their arse ✓
  • Onizuka still being a virgin ?
  • A troubled class ✓
  • Middle schoolers looking like 20 years olds ✓
  • Girls looking like each other ✓

Yep, it's the GTO we know and love. Yet I can't wait for the next chapter.

Zweizer

Banned
Horimiya ch10-21

It seems their relationship will develop faster than i thought. I hope they'll confess soon, their clueless flirting is kind of painful at times. Shindou is such a bro thought. Not cool Miyamura to treat your friend like this.

Scary-

Also, Miyamura is freakin' light.

What recent chapter of Toriko that shows beasts and their capture level? I want to re-read it and compare it to recent one, but i can´t find it, and i don´t remember what chapter was it.

Edit: I found it.

Duction Man 10-19
This is some Christian Bale level getting-into-character hijinks there yo.
Shame there's only 4 volumes of it though, I'm already at the beginning of volume 3 :(

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I usually read the whole thread and try everything other gaffer read and do not know of. It usually permit me to discover quite the number of manga without asking every 40 posts "I'M BORED ADVISE ME SOMETHING TO READ ASAP".
I try to read everything dakkumauji reads but fail every time. The man's a beast.
I'm just happy someone's reading my recs and I'm not just shouting at the void, tbh
also Dakku is like lv 80 when the rest of us are like 10-40

Duction Man 10-19
This is some Christian Bale level getting-into-character hijinks there yo.
Shame there's only 4 volumes of it though, I'm already at the beginning of volume 3 :(
There's only 4 volumes? I didn't know it was going to end so soon :(

Kodomo no Omocha vol 3
Damn, male MC is cleaning up the love rivals. But I'm glad his friend moved on from fem MC

Zweizer

Banned
Horimiya ch22-27

Oh god why.

Why
( ´Д`)

Why did he have to become Generic Romcom MC #123.
His rather unique design was one of his good points dammit.

The father's awesome though, and things seem to have progressed to the next level. Yay! ( ゚ヮ゚)

:DTL :DTL :DTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom