• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Someone just showed me this:
3sVl9kX.jpg

:O

GaimeGuy

One Piece 551

Oh shit. Dat Whitebeard pirate fleet. :O

Edit:

What a weak ass power. A little shaking never hurt anything.

kasane

That's not a new revelation.
Dr. Kureha mentioned it back in Drum Island.
Though now it carries more weight now that we know the power the "D" holds.

Wait wait wait

Nobody knew he was Gold D. Roger?

I thought everybody knew

or im confused

GaimeGuy

We're all going to be so old before this series ends. Oh my god.

But earlier today one of the chapters I read had Oda say that we were in the middle third of the story. which means that at worst it'll be like 1500 chapters (probably closer to 1000).

GaimeGuy

That's not a new revelation.
Dr. Kureha mentioned it back in Drum Island.
Though now it carries more weight now that we know the power the "D" holds.

the revelation that ace was his kid? I don't remember that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He was always Gol D. Roger.
But the (in-universe) media started getting it wrong and called him Gold Roger.
Spoiler tagged for GaimeGuy's sake
Roger himself even addresses this in Whitebeard's flashback as he dies.

the revelation that ace was his kid? I don't remember that.

Oh I thought you meant his name having a D... never mind.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kodomo no Omocha end
Well that was kind of an underwhelming ending. I expected wedding bells or something.

It was a pretty decent read. Definitely had an old school feel, which was refreshing to me since I hardly read older manga like this. The beginning was good, when she couldn't stand him and when he only really started to get along with her after she got dirt on him... Though he was kind of partial to her before then anyway. I thought it was sweet that he "declared war" on his childhood rivals (his best friend and her manager) and actively tried to get rid of them.

The acting subplot always felt pretty sloppy. Yeah, it was used effectively enough as a plot device to separate them or to cause drama in general, but the way the MC kept taking and refusing jobs at her own caprice seemed really unrealistic. But it's a shoujo manga, so shame on me for expecting realism of all things from it.

Speaking of drama, a lot of it was forced and unnecessary. The misunderstandings caused by the love rivals, the stalker dude of the male lead, the random illness that made no sense whatsoever?? The stupidity due to the male lead not being able to ditch the female lead's friend was especially painful. I also can't believe the female lead was so freaking dense when the guy kissed her twice, even. The other love rival was alright I guess. I didn't feel anything towards him anyway. Male MC's friend and especially his girlfriend faded out of relevancy in the middle school days, so that sort of sucked.

I'd say I passively enjoyed the manga up until they went to middle school I think, which is coincidentally when the 'real' love rivals were introduced. Then I just started to wonder when the misunderstandings would finally be resolved and when it would end. But I think the beginning was decent enough.

edit: also most of the pages were only half-translated which really fucking sucked.

kasane

His name is "Gol D. Roger" but the World Government told everyone his named was "Gold Roger" to hide the D. initial.

I think Oda already said one piece is a tangible object.

So one piece is a time traveling device

Oda's plan to make money forever by connecting every jump manga ever

Shengar

So one piece is a time traveling device

Oda's plan to make money forever by connecting every jump manga ever

Isn't it, at this point he already richer than Akira Toriyama?
Actually not sure about that since Toriyama is the artist for Draqon Quest series.

Shengar

D: Is it possible to make kakigōri out of Aokiji? P.N. Baka-Inu

O: Yes, it's possible. After-all, he's ice. But, eating it might be a different story. He might return to Aokiji in your stomach and take control of you.

Holy shit, even until today SBS questions is still absurd and hilarious.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
D: Is it possible to make kakigōri out of Aokiji? P.N. Baka-Inu

O: Yes, it's possible. After-all, he's ice. But, eating it might be a different story. He might return to Aokiji in your stomach and take control of you.

Holy shit, even until today SBS questions is still absurd and hilarious.

Oda always picks the craziest ones too. It's great :lol

Shengar

Oda always picks the craziest ones too. It's great :lol

Sometimes he also pick something that hilarious and serious in nature at the same time such as this:

D: In Chapter 700 there is a reporter named "Absa", that's referring to Absalom right? Right? And if you look closely, there's even the pirate ship. What other kinds of eroti... amazing articles... What other kinds of eroti... I mean, moving articles... What other kinds of erotic articles does he write? P.N. Makino♡LOVE

O: Yes, that is Absalom. How nostalgic. In fact, he was also at the Battle of Marineford. After the battle, Doflamingo stated that something strange happened to Moriah. I wonder why? Perona is also worried. Did Moriah really die? The only thing that I can reveal right now is Absalom, going by the name "Absa", has been reporting a lot of big news using his Suke Suke no Mi; this is true. He can take many interesting photographs with that ability. His articles are very popular right now.

Alright, with that I'm ending the EroBS. See you next volume!!

Oda have good sense of humour that's for sure.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Mizu no Yakata 1-3
Huh. Well that was interesting. Also it reminded me that I liked the subplot between her manager and the older actress. And it's cute to see them all goofing off.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Faster than a Kiss 1 & 57 (end)
Oh, I didn't know the main character is a yankee girl in love. I thought she was your typical shoujo heroine. And I forgot the main guy was a former yankee, thought he was a normal teacher.

But despite it having an unfeminine lead, I'm really not into teacher-student romances. I was rooting more for his brother anyway because he was her age. It has good art though, and I've only heard good things about it, so try it out.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Little brother is a boss

Does anyone on here read Horimiya or Hibi Chouchou? I read both of these over the past couple of days and am wondering when/how frequently new chapters come out.
Both series are monthly. Horimiya is caught up so you'll have to wait for the magazine to print new chapters, not sure about Hibi Chouchou because I dropped that shit.

like literally everyone

lol

Yeah I just went back and read the OP and saw Horimiya up there.

I don't wander into the community threads much lol. I'll probably start posting in here though, since I've been way more interested in manga and manhwa than usual lately. (as opposed to anime or other tv shows)

Both series are monthly. Horimiya is caught up so you'll have to wait for the magazine to print new chapters, not sure about Hibi Chouchou because I dropped that shit.

Thanks for the info

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
seriously one of the most boring shoujo protagonists I've ever read about

and I've read a whole goddamn lot of shoujo manga

Silver Spoon 102
this manga never fails to deliver on amazing monologues and metaphors for life ;_;

seriously one of the most boring shoujo protagonists I've ever read about

and I've read a whole goddamn lot of shoujo manga

heh i'm enjoying it, but maybe it's because I haven't read enough Shoujo. Usually I'm all about the Shounen/Seinen, but recently I really wanted to read some romance stuff

Charade

heh i'm enjoying it, but maybe it's because I haven't read enough Shoujo. Usually I'm all about the Shounen/Seinen, but recently I really wanted to read some romance stuff

Hey Pegosaurus, welcome to the thread! If you don't mind me asking, what's your top 5 favorite manga? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom