• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
heh i'm enjoying it, but maybe it's because I haven't read enough Shoujo. Usually I'm all about the Shounen/Seinen, but recently I really wanted to read some romance stuff
Well, I can see that how it could be appealing in that case. It's not a necessarily bad series, just slow as hell with little to no development on a per chapter basis. It reminded me a lot of Kimi ni Todoke, if you want to check that out.

You should check out Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun for a great love story and a great art style. Last Game is pretty good too (the first two chapters are my favorite of any romance manga I've read, but later on it unfortunately gets bogged down with love rival nonsense). Kaichou wa Maid-sama was also popular here apparently (tsundere main lead, but she's competent).

Hey Pegosaurus, welcome to the thread! If you don't mind me asking, what's your top 5 favorite manga? :D

Hi and thanks! I haven't read too much manga as of yet, but I'm slowly starting to prefer it over anime due to how much faster I can read it, and not to mention the fact that they generally extend further than the anime counterparts.

As for what I'm reading currently/have read in the past I would have to say

Hunter x Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
Onani Master Kurosawa
Great Teacher Onizuka
One Piece

In no particular order. Not sure if manhwa counts but Tower of God is up there as well.

Well, I can see that how it could be appealing in that case. It's not a necessarily bad series, just slow as hell with little to no development on a per chapter basis. It reminded me a lot of Kimi ni Todoke, if you want to check that out.

You should check out Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun for a great love story and a great art style. Last Game is pretty good too (the first two chapters are my favorite of any romance manga I've read, but later on it unfortunately gets bogged down with love rival nonsense). Kaichou wa Maid-sama was also popular here apparently (tsundere main lead, but she's competent).

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out!

Charade

You're not upandaway. >_>

Maybe I am...

Hi and thanks! I haven't read too much manga as of yet, but I'm slowly starting to prefer it over anime due to how much faster I can read it, and not to mention the fact that they generally extend further than the anime counterparts.

As for what I'm reading currently/have read in the past I would have to say

Hunter x Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
Onani Master Kurosawa
Great Teacher Onizuka
One Piece

Looks good to me! Yeah, speed is one of the reasons I prefer manga personally.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 01

MX4FfPo.jpg

Due to I guess something's in the water, everyone expect our protag paired up over summer break. Enters a transfer student where the others joke they should pair up. One bad choice of words and now they hate each other, woo!

Amusing and of course they'll probably get together (unless we have more transfer students) and it'll be fun to see how they hate each other.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out!
No biggie, I just gave you some of the more popular ones. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is cream of the crop kind of shoujo though

Girl the Wild's 138
good job little bro. And I hate how persistent the villains are in this series, like fuck just get a life already

Charade

STOP PANICKING!!!!

I'M SURE THERE'S A PERFECTLY REASONABLE EXPLANATION FOR THIS!!!!!

In the future, all artificial intelligence is programmed with predetermined personality programs that shape the foundations of all behavior and corollary functions. The chance that two such AI beings sharing the same personality program would both travel back in time to this era is not only possibly, but statistically inevitable. The chance that those same two beings would both have GAF accounts is also statistically inevitable. And the chance that those same two beings would both post in mangaf is reality.

upandaway

In the future, all artificial intelligence is programmed with predetermined personality programs that shape the foundations of all behavior and corollary functions. The chance that two such AI beings sharing the same personality program would both travel back in time to this era is not only possibly, but statistically inevitable. The chance that those same two beings would both have GAF accounts is also statistically inevitable. And the chance that those same two beings would both post in mangaf is reality.
JABbV3Z.png

_hekk05

Banned

ayfrpf.png

Charade

I'm actually the superior model though, so that's why I came later.

Lemonade 17

I keep thinking something is gonna happen but nope. Next chapter for sure though :D

Hello everyone! It's my first time posting here, and was wondering if you can give me a few manga recommendations
so I can put off doing homework
. I'm really craving some good feeling, lighthearted romance/friendship manga for a while now, but I can't seem to find anymore good ones.
Examples of what I enjoy and am looking for are:

Last Game
Horimiya
Koe no Katachi
Taiyou no Ie
One Week Friends
Tonari no Kaibutsukun

I'm not really looking for some crazy shoujo with completely unbelievable love stories, but just some lighthearted "daily life of a few friends" type thing that has some romance driving it. If you can recommend some good manga that fit this bill, it'd be much appreciated.

kasane

Hello everyone! It's my first time posting here, and was wondering if you can give me a few manga recommendations
. I'm really craving some good feeling, lighthearted romance/friendship manga for a while now, but I can't seem to find anymore good ones.

Last Game
Horimiya
Koe no Katachi
Taiyou no Ie
One Week Friends
Tonari no Kaibutsukun

I'm not really looking for some crazy shoujo with completely unbelievable love stories, but just some lighthearted "daily life of a few friends" type thing that has some romance driving it. If you can recommend some good manga that fit this bill, it'd be much appreciated.

prunus girl

maybe....

as for others im still thinking

survivor

Banned

Last Game
Horimiya
Koe no Katachi
Taiyou no Ie
One Week Friends

14-sai no Koi
Game Over (same author as above)
Ore Monogatari
High Score Girl

Admittedly the inclusion of Taiyou no Ie is sorta throwing me off since it's the usual crazy shoujo, but more adorable I guess.

_hekk05

Banned

Last Game
Horimiya
Koe no Katachi
Taiyou no Ie
One Week Friends
Tonari no Kaibutsukun

Hibi Chouchou
Love so Life?
Itoshi no Karin
Soredemo sekai ga utsukushii (nt sure if exact name)
Mairunovich (maybe?)

High Score Girl

Recommending Hi Score Girl is harsh, especially if you don't moonrune man. I know I've driven some people to WHY ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) levels with my spoilers lol

upandaway

Last Game
Horimiya
Koe no Katachi
Taiyou no Ie
One Week Friends
Tonari no Kaibutsukun

Hello! Can I treat those as your top 5 manga? Depending on your answer I may have to take reactionary measures.

To answer your request:
Minami-ke
Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki
Yuri Mekuru Hibi
Prunus Girl
Kyou Kara Ore Wa (a bit of a stretch but it's really good anyway)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Last Game
Horimiya
Koe no Katachi
Taiyou no Ie
One Week Friends
Tonari no Kaibutsukun

Kono Oto Tomare
Gakuen Babysitters
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (not shoujo, but done by a shoujo author)
Oresama Teacher (said shoujo author's shoujo work)
Koi Dano Ai Dano (sequel to the below, you can read it out of order though)
Warau Kanoko-sama (prequel to above)

I'll think of more probably after I post this

Wow, you all respond so fast! Didn't think I would get anything to read until tomorrow. I'll go through all the recommendations and see if there are any I like. Thanks a bunch!

Hello! Can I treat those as your top 5 manga? Depending on your answer I may have to take reactionary measures.

Top 5 manga... hmm... That's tough. I certainly like these manga a lot, but I don't think they would all be my top 5. What I like bets kind of depends on my mood at the time. Hard to compare different genres for which is best.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I guess just list the series you're most looking forward to updates for I guess? That's what I did.

Although I did that unprovoked because upanda-senpai didn't notice me :'(

upandaway

Top 5 manga... hmm... That's tough. I certainly like these manga a lot, but I don't think they would all be my top 5. What I like bets kind of depends on my mood at the time. Hard to compare different genres for which is best.
Endless-man, I didn't ask for excuses, I asked for your top 5 manga

I guess just list the series you're most looking forward to updates for I guess? That's what I did.

Although I did that unprovoked because upanda-senpai didn't notice me :'(
I don't even know why it's my job now, it should be the mangaf collective.

Then I suppose I'd go with these for top 5

Horimiya
Last Game
Akame ga Kiru
It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular
Onani Master Kurosawa

But I feel like I'm leaving off a few manga from years ago that I really liked. I really should keep a list, but I never got around to it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just realized why kasane calls upandaway "panda".

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know why it's my job now, it should be the mangaf collective.
I dunno, I assume it's your thing since people are going off on your clone about stealing your shtick

But I feel like I'm leaving off a few manga from years ago that I really liked. I really should keep a list, but I never got around to it.
I know this feel. But I approve of your first two choices anyway

Err, what. Why is it not shoujo?
It's serialized in Square Enix's magazine, so it's as shoujo as Hi Score Girl I guess?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, it's serialised in the online part of gangan, which for whatever reason makes me not give it a demographic, but yeah, gangan is mostly shounen.

Then I suppose I'd go with these for top 5

Horimiya
Last Game
Akame ga Kiru
It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular
Onani Master Kurosawa

Top 5 are garbage. Get off this thread you door MAT. Lol See you when you get back.

PS: Last Game is great.

bjork

I think Oda already said one piece is a tangible object.

I can't imagine what that object would be in OP's world, though. It can't just be treasure, because there's been too many "this is my treasure" things where it's a dream or a person or whatever. So what could it possibly be that would drive so many people to their death at seas in pursuit of it?

It has to either be Aizen or a Dragon Ball.

Charade

what.. phew.. haah...

your...

what are your... hah... top...

As you can see, this model is inferior in every way. It can't even handle 2 consecutive top 5's. Such a shame.

In light of this, I would like to ask you Nothing1016, what are your top 17?

what.. phew.. haah...

your...

what are your... hah... top...

Bro Mr.Charmander (IF thats your real name) I'll show you a top five:

1. KNIM
2. GE
3. Digimon
4. Yu-Gi-Oh!
5. Mass Effect 2: Shadow Broker

Genuine Top 5:

1. Berserk
2. Last Game
3. Nana to Kaoru
4. Otoyomegatari
5. Something else.

PS. I know EndlessSky

kasane

I can't imagine what that object would be in OP's world, though. It can't just be treasure, because there's been too many "this is my treasure" things where it's a dream or a person or whatever. So what could it possibly be that would drive so many people to their death at seas in pursuit of it?

It has to either be Aizen or a Dragon Ball.

Told you it will connect every jump manga ever

Since oda is a dbz fan it will indeed connect op with dbz and we will watch oda and toriyama be rich forever

bjork

Told you it will connect every jump manga ever

Since oda is a dbz fan it will indeed connect op with dbz and we will watch oda and toriyama be rich forever

Luffy: you're... !
Aizen: when did he say that one piece wasn't a person? :smirk:

Then Goku wakes up in bed and tells Chi chi that he dreamt he was a pirate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom