• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
I can't imagine what that object would be in OP's world, though. It can't just be treasure, because there's been too many "this is my treasure" things where it's a dream or a person or whatever. So what could it possibly be that would drive so many people to their death at seas in pursuit of it?

It has to either be Aizen or a Dragon Ball.
it will be one piece of something big and the world government will have the other piece.

bjork

it will be one piece of something big and the world government will have the other piece.

So they'll find the one piece, learn of this, and then there will be the sequel series: The Other Piece.

I would really like to think that, aside from a chapter or two showing the crew going back home, and ending with Luffy talking to some crazy little kid in a bar or something, that the One Piece is revealed at the very end of the series. I want it to be a reward for all the questing they've done, not something the have to fight about after the fact.

I can't imagine what that object would be in OP's world, though. It can't just be treasure, because there's been too many "this is my treasure" things where it's a dream or a person or whatever. So what could it possibly be that would drive so many people to their death at seas in pursuit of it?

It has to either be Aizen or a Dragon Ball.

HAHA I'LL TAKE THIS AS A TIME TO TALK ABOUT MY CRAZY CRACKPOT THEORIES

I say it's an ancient weapon. Whitebeard said that One Piece's discovery would turn the world upside-down. One with the power to sink the Red Line (crushing Fishman Island, fulfilling that prophecy) and creating All Blue, effectively bringing all the ocean's together in "One Piece." This theory has been passed around for years now and never really been disproved, but I remember reading a gigantic theory that wove together the Void Century and the Spaceys, as well as all the Skypein tribes into One Piece. But I don't remember how it went.
At this point in the story, I find it very hard to say what it will be but I can say what the most likely contenders are right now.
An Ancient Weapon. As I said above.
Luffy's Hat. Used to belong to Roger. Raftel needs a key to open it? (has been implied)
The Rio Poneglyph. I doubt it, but it would certainly fulfill what Whitebeard stated. And if you consider the fact Roger could apparently speak the language written on them...
However, other possibilities like "A single gold coin" or "a mountain of treasure" are just as likely as most of this theorycraft I've seen could be dispelled at any given chapter.
However, there are some things to consider. Oda confirmed it's a tangible object. Whitebeard said that it's discovery would "turn the world upside down". There seems to be some sort of key or special way needed to enter Raftel. It's said that if one had followed the Poneglyphs prior, the Rio Poneglyph will be revealed at Raftel. It seems that Roger and his crew knew how to read the Poneglyh, and his crew also knew the Secret of the Void Century, written on the Rio Poneglyph...
I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but I can't think of something to wrap everyone of these into one piece.

So they'll find the one piece, learn of this, and then there will be the sequel series: The Other Piece.

I would really like to think that, aside from a chapter or two showing the crew going back home, and ending with Luffy talking to some crazy little kid in a bar or something, that the One Piece is revealed at the very end of the series. I want it to be a reward for all the questing they've done, not something the have to fight about after the fact.

I would think that the One Piece would be second to last. After that would be Marineford 2.0 or Marejois, as the last enemy. However whatever One Piece actually is could change that entirely.

Silver Spoon 99
yayxHks.png
Best kouhai ever

smurfx

get some go again

whitebeard said whoever finds one piece will end up starting a huge war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bFb5h9hl9Ig#t=65

this is why i think one piece has a lot to do with the world government and why the final battle will be against them and not a pirate.

bjork

I kinda hope that it isn't that, though if
Marineford was considered the halfway point and arcs need to end with a giant battle, I guess it makes sense. But I'd rather it wasn't a weapon. I was figuring that by the time Raftel is in the crew's sight, they'd have already toppled the government or helped Dragon do so or whatever. Perhaps there's an eternal log pose in Marejois that points to Raftel?

But the fun is in the voyage, etc. I just hope the series finishes before I die, tbh.

whitebeard said whoever finds one piece will end up starting a huge war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bFb5h9hl9Ig#t=65

this is why i think one piece has a lot to do with the world government and why the final battle will be against them and not a pirate.

That's kind of a bummer. I wish it would be like, Robin translates everything and they find the weapon or whatever, but then it's stolen by someone else (BB possibly), and that person tries to use it against the government. So then Luffy says they have to fight with the government to stop the thief, and in shutting them down, they gain the respect of the government and have their bounties abolished or something. I kinda don't want another Marineford, really. Maybe it's information that the world government was started by pirates, so the marines have to capture themselves now, hah.

I kinda hope that it isn't that, though if
Marineford was considered the halfway point and arcs need to end with a giant battle, I guess it makes sense. But I'd rather it wasn't a weapon. I was figuring that by the time Raftel is in the crew's sight, they'd have already toppled the government or helped Dragon do so or whatever. Perhaps there's an eternal log pose in Marejois that points to Raftel?

But the fun is in the voyage, etc. I just hope the series finishes before I die, tbh.

The way I see it, currently there are two "final battle/villain" scenarios.
Blackbeard and his crew on Raftel or Akainu and his Marines on Marejois.
Like I said, this could be completely wrong. The final boss could be Shanks or Dragon, I don't know.

bjork

The way I see it, currently there are two "final battle/villain" scenarios.
Blackbeard and his crew on Raftel or Akainu and his Marines on Marejois.
Like I said, this could be completely wrong. The final boss could be Shanks or Dragon, I don't know.

I think we'll find out more about at least one of these, after this arc ends. Or I hope so. :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece 558
I love the reactions that Mihawk and Hancock have to the news that Luffy is Dragon's son. :3

Nordicus

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 6

Looks like Chise really couldn't give a fuck whether or not Ellias has more sinister motivations than having her as his apprentice/wife.

Also, I keep thinking of Moomin whenever I see the cartoony version of his face for some reason. It's just such a cute design.

Nisekoi 27:
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.
HOLD. THE FUCKING. PHONE.

Edit: Nisekoi 28:
WOAH WHAT

Edit 2: Nisekoi 29:
COME ON.
NO.
STOP.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I CAN'T READ THIS ANYMORE
I CAN'T TAKE IT GUYS

Edit 3: Nisekoi 31:
I can't.
Done. Doooooone.
Nope. Done.

Zweizer

Banned
Wa! ch14-End

Well, that was fun and somewhat cute. It ended a bit too quickly in my opinion, but at least it wrapped things up without too much trouble, instead of just going around in circles. #2meta4me

Mind. Blown. ( ゚д゚)

_hekk05

Banned
Nisekoi 27:
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

WOAH WHAT

COME ON.
NO.
STOP.
I CAN'T TAKE IT GUYS

I can't.
Done. Doooooone.
Nope. Done.

Its a trap.gif

Its OK. We've all experienced it at some point

Aizo

Banned
Bro Mr.Charmander (IF thats your real name) I'll show you a top five:

1. KNIM
2. GE
3. Digimon
4. Yu-Gi-Oh!
5. Mass Effect 2: Shadow Broker

Genuine Top 5:

1. Berserk
2. Last Game
3. Nana to Kaoru
4. Otoyomegatari
5. Something else.

PS. I know EndlessSky
Before I saw the genuine one, I was going to decide to never read your recommendations.
Just like I do with DTL. I'm sorry, baby.
Nisekoi 1-19:
AAAAAAAAAAH~
IT'S SO CUTE! EVERYTHING IS CUTE!
I LOVE THIS~
You say that now, you crazy dog face...
Nisekoi 27:
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

WOAH WHAT

COME ON.
NO.
STOP.
I CAN'T TAKE IT GUYS

I can't.
Done. Doooooone.
Nope. Done.
Aaaand that's the reaction I expected eventually.

upandaway

So I was scrolling through Sunday raws for something and suddenly Hip Whip Girl shows up, and... man. I mean that's, phew. Apparently translation is dead, too. This day is the worst day.

Warning those links are not Kurita approved.

Fixed the description. Couldn't contain my excitement and had to go change my pants.

I suspected as much. They did a cover for each other previously, and I recognized some of the 3 gatsu no Lion characters.

edit: Btw, 3 Gatsu no Lion is super far away from the last chapter, I have much less than 100 chapters of it.

dramatis

I'm not really looking for some crazy shoujo with completely unbelievable love stories, but just some lighthearted "daily life of a few friends" type thing that has some romance driving it. If you can recommend some good manga that fit this bill, it'd be much appreciated.
Well, there's Yamada and the 7 Witches. But it does include an element of crazy.

Akito

So I was scrolling through Sunday raws for something and suddenly Hip Whip Girl shows up, and... man. I mean that's, phew. Apparently translation is dead, too. This day is the worst day.

Warning those links are not Kurita approved.
slowpoke.jpg
You can be our Lord and savior by decrypting the moonrunes.

Akito

Kodomo no Omocha end
Well that was kind of an underwhelming ending. I expected wedding bells or something.

It was a pretty decent read. Definitely had an old school feel, which was refreshing to me since I hardly read older manga like this. The beginning was good, when she couldn't stand him and when he only really started to get along with her after she got dirt on him... Though he was kind of partial to her before then anyway. I thought it was sweet that he "declared war" on his childhood rivals (his best friend and her manager) and actively tried to get rid of them.

The acting subplot always felt pretty sloppy. Yeah, it was used effectively enough as a plot device to separate them or to cause drama in general, but the way the MC kept taking and refusing jobs at her own caprice seemed really unrealistic. But it's a shoujo manga, so shame on me for expecting realism of all things from it.

Speaking of drama, a lot of it was forced and unnecessary. The misunderstandings caused by the love rivals, the stalker dude of the male lead, the random illness that made no sense whatsoever?? The stupidity due to the male lead not being able to ditch the female lead's friend was especially painful. I also can't believe the female lead was so freaking dense when the guy kissed her twice, even. The other love rival was alright I guess. I didn't feel anything towards him anyway. Male MC's friend and especially his girlfriend faded out of relevancy in the middle school days, so that sort of sucked.

I'd say I passively enjoyed the manga up until they went to middle school I think, which is coincidentally when the 'real' love rivals were introduced. Then I just started to wonder when the misunderstandings would finally be resolved and when it would end. But I think the beginning was decent enough.

edit: also most of the pages were only half-translated which really fucking sucked.
Even though I also prefer the first half, I didn't have much problem with the second half either. The stuff with Fuuka wasn't too bad cause it didn't last that long/other important stuffs were happening at the same time and they had a bonus with me being still in middle school. The disease was kinda dumb but as I said, Akito and Sana matured a good deal through it so. The ending was good enough for me as well cause showing weddings/adult life for something that started out as a children story would have been too much probably.
That said I was wetting my pants when I first discovered Deep Clear.

Looks easy and fun enough, sure maybe after Anagle Mole if you know where the raws are.
Probably still hanging around with other raws behind a paywall.

xxxHOLiC Rei

This is ending soon right? Someone please explain to me WTH is going on.

I am guessing this is the future?
Which Sakura is the tree suppose to be?

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 1-6
I am intrigued. There are alot of themes here that can be used splendidly, it is just the matter of using it or not.
I will be keeping tabs on this one.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch386-387

Surprised Ten's situation didn't get any further than that. Otherwise, we got a better glimpse of Ten's motivations, as well as Shin's clarification on their relationship. Is that a friendzone? But he said she was like his sister, so sisterzone? But they aren't real sibling! Which zone is this? (゚Д゚;≡;゚Д゚)

Next chapters should be interesting. I seriously hope Ouhon gets a large serving of humble pie. It's like his character has got zero progression since he ever appeared, and it's not even a remotely great character either.

Revo

Kingdom 386-387

Yes, we get there's a love triangle for Shin author. No, you don't need to insert kyoukai everytime shin and ten are together or are being talked about.

Kurita

I'm still not sure how to feel after reading Punpun volume 11.
Why is this manga so good.
I'm glad I've avoided spoilers all this time.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 27:
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

WOAH WHAT

COME ON.
NO.
STOP.
I CAN'T TAKE IT GUYS

I can't.
Done. Doooooone.
Nope. Done.

Can't wait for your further reactions!

One Piece vol 50

Maybe because it was only a quarter of the length, and there wasn't a massive drawn out battle at the end, but I liked this Thriller Bark arc a hell of a lot more than Water 7 which just seemed to go on f-o-r-e-v-e-r. It looses points for the "we have 30 minutes left!" happening a solid 10 chapters before the time passes, but I love the questions we are left with at the end with Zoro, and the feeling of actual plot progression happening almost instantly afterwards

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Even though I also prefer the first half, I didn't have much problem with the second half either. The stuff with Fuuka wasn't too bad cause it didn't last that long/other important stuffs were happening at the same time and they had a bonus with me being still in middle school. The disease was kinda dumb but as I said, Akito and Sana matured a good deal through it so. The ending was good enough for me as well cause showing weddings/adult life for something that started out as a children story would have been too much probably.
That said I was wetting my pants when I first discovered Deep Clear.
I just found it irritating because after Akito found out Sana was still currently in love with him, he stuck it out with Fuuka, even though he was hurting both of them by doing so. And I don't know what Fuuka was expecting, he never kissed her or went on dates alone with her. I mean she could tell Akito was hung up on Sana the whole time, but I guess it took finding out the extent of Akito's and Sana's relationship for her to break off their nonrelationship. I also found it mildly irritating when Sana broke off her friendship with the other child actor temporarily, even when he was looking out for her as a friend. Yeah the disease begot some good development for the two, but it was such a hacky way of going about it. I couldn't take it seriously at all.

And I just expect weddings at the end of any shoujo manga, lol.

Stealth Symphony 12

This doesn't really seem that it will be cancelled soon. I would to see it to keep going but going by the ToC, it's only a matter of time.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 27:
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

WOAH WHAT

COME ON.
NO.
STOP.
I CAN'T TAKE IT GUYS

I can't.
Done. Doooooone.
Nope. Done.
yep this is exactly where it all started to break down. Or maybe it was when Tsugumi started falling for him

Akito

I just found it irritating because after Akito found out Sana was still currently in love with him, he stuck it out with Fuuka, even though he was hurting both of them by doing so. And I don't know what Fuuka was expecting, he never kissed her or went on dates alone with her. I mean she could tell Akito was hung up on Sana the whole time, but I guess it took finding out the extent of Akito's and Sana's relationship for her to break off their nonrelationship. I also found it mildly irritating when Sana broke off her friendship with the other child actor temporarily, even when he was looking out for her as a friend. Yeah the disease begot some good development for the two, but it was such a hacky way of going about it. I couldn't take it seriously at all.

And I just expect weddings at the end of any shoujo manga, lol.
In the case of Fuuka I think she was too proud to let Akito "go" at the first chance. She was probably too stubborn and wanted to maintain a relationship at any cost after how things turned out with her last crush.
On the other hand Akito was too considered of her feelings cause she is a pretty ok gal and didn't really do anything wrong without realizing that he only makes things worse by doing so. They were being stupid yeah but they were also pretty young.

Revo

Crepscule 153

Time for astral projections. Because why not.

Liar Game 175

Lots of mystery teases. Don't think I enjoy a 'for my lols' reason for yokoya in this final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom