• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liar Game 175

All those mysteries. lol at Yokoya reason for buying Nao: just to make her suffer.

Next week is on break, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Everyday Monster Knights of Hades 24

If this was virtually any other series D would be auto best girl, but the competition here is pretty exceptional. Still holding out hope for a Minako end.

Deathtopia 1
EaGpO1y.png
Oh boy oh boy, it's a new series from the Cage of Eden author. The MC is turned into partial roadkill while carrying out his MC duties (chasing thieves), then ends up in hospital where tests reveal him to have some kind of MC superpower. For some reason a hooker with an eyeball fetish tries to asphyxiate him, but fortunately Charlie's Angels arrive on the scene and blast her out of the window. Or something. There were no dinosaurs.

Nisekoi 122

Chapters like this largely hinge on how you feel about the characters / their interactions. Found it pretty hilarious, which just reinforces that Chitoge & co are actually fairly high tier as far as romcom casts go, despite my complaining.

Kannagi 51.5

Zange is a commercial genius and I'd gladly confess to her. Think I'm gonna put the main story on hold for now, since it's getting weird and the gaps between chapters are making it hard to follow.

Not Entirely a Father-Daughter Relationship 1

Entirely a father-daughter relationship.

Sachiusu 4

Misako's concept of 'normal friends' is unquestionably the superior one.

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom 387

Well this blows, so much for Shin showing us if he got any better at actually leading his army instead of just swinging around his glaive. You ain't gonna catch up to Ouhon anytime soon at this rate. Yeah yeah, Shin learning strategy or even becoming an instinct commander this early will make Ten a useless character, but I'm sick of stupid Shin tbh.
Nisekoi 27:
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.
HOLD. THE FUCKING. PHONE.

Edit: Nisekoi 28:
WOAH WHAT

Edit 2: Nisekoi 29:
COME ON.
NO.
STOP.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I CAN'T READ THIS ANYMORE
I CAN'T TAKE IT GUYS

Edit 3: Nisekoi 31:
I can't.
Done. Doooooone.
Nope. Done.

Wtf even happened in these chapters. Damn, I really don't remember much of Nisekoi.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
In the case of Fuuka I think she was too proud to let Akito "go" at the first chance. She was probably too stubborn and wanted to maintain a relationship at any cost after how things turned out with her last crush.
On the other hand Akito was too considered of her feelings cause she is a pretty ok gal and didn't really do anything wrong without realizing that he only makes things worse by doing so. They were being stupid yeah but they were also pretty young.
Well yeah, now that you explain it like that, it makes sense... Still irritating as hell though.

Kenkouki - Hi no Kuni Daiteikokugun Kurenai Ikki Tousentai 1
Girl you aren't going to fool anyone with shorts that short.

So this reads as Japanese war propaganda for the early 1900s, although they refer to it as the "Empire of Day" in the story (which is an obvious permutation of Land of the Rising Sun but whatever). The enemies have blue eyes to boot, because obviously all white people have blue eyes. The twist here is that the Japanese have super soldiers with magical foot weapons I guess? It's hard to tell what's going on a lot though so I might be wrong.

Our protagonist is a girl looking for her father, who enrolled in the military ten years ago, but no one's heard of him and he's not listed in the registry. On her way back home she gets attacked, but one of aforementioned super soldiers saves her and lets slip that he knows her father's name at the very least, but he won't tell her anything because she's a girl and women are treated like shit in this country because hello patriarchy. So she decides to sneak into the military as a man to find her father.

Honestly, I only read this because the comments were comparing it to Mulan, and Mulan was the shit. The title sets off all kinds of warnings in my head that this is going to be a horrible LN manga, but damn it I want my empowered female leads fighting against the system so I'll take it. I won't be entirely happy about it, but I'll take it.

Karen 1-4
tumblr_mb3xvltIcn1qdlmr2o1_500.jpg

One of the better yakuza type stories. The true brolove going on was great especially with art from the one that does Kamitoki no Resist. Sadly, the plot did follow like many of the other stories with making us think that it is true family but then say that one was actually adopted with no blood ties :( Always happens. Yukata scene in 4 was good if only it could go both ways.

Comments made me chuckle: "I know! Its disgusting right? Like, keep your icky hetero out of our yaoi!"

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Deathtopia 1
Oh boy oh boy, it's a new series from the Cage of Eden author. The MC is turned into partial roadkill while carrying out his MC duties (chasing thieves), then ends up in hospital where tests reveal him to have some kind of MC superpower. For some reason a hooker with an eyeball fetish tries to asphyxiate him, but fortunately Charlie's Angels arrive on the scene and blast her out of the window. Or something. There were no dinosaurs.
I am intrigued
by how shitty this is because Cage of Eden seemed like a pretty shitty harem series

Not Entirely a Father-Daughter Relationship 1
Entirely a father-daughter relationship.
It has the romance tag dude, it'd going down that route eventually. Although she's just his foster daughter and he's probably in his twenties or something, so not that bad? Not that good either.

Wtf even happened in these chapters. Damn, I really don't remember much of Nisekoi
27 - Raku asking Onodera if she was promise girl
28 - Chitoge telling him about zawse in love
29 - the key breaks
31 - the picture of Marika

Sai

Caught up on Masamune-kun no Revenge

I can't help but feel this is going to end in a terrible way for PIggy.

Also, Koiwai is best girl.

Mortemis

Banned
Deathtopia 1

Did this guy not learn how to draw different characters or at least differentiate old characters and background characters, that's clearly the teacher and Mariya from Cage of Eden... Unless he wants us to be all "oh this is the same guy from Cage of eden" since he's in a different magazine.

Anyways can't say much about this yet, first chapter was eh. Crazy stripper hunting Kurapika eyes, luckily his first 3 harem characters save the day. Lol, I wonder if this will shit the bed early or later, judging from Cage of Eden it'll shit the bed sometime.
27 - Raku asking Onodera if she was promise girl
28 - Chitoge telling him about zawse in love
29 - the key breaks
31 - the picture of Marika

Ugh.

scy

Deathtopia 1

will not read until rectified

Zweizer

Banned
stayed up till 6am reading nisekoi
so sleepy -_-

Was it worth it?

Kono Oto Tomare! ch1-3

Well, the premise seems rather cliché, with the usual 'win the nationals' with a middle-mannered MC, a total novice-but-actually-talented and a cold genius, about some instrument I didn't give a shit before (and has yet to give a shit). However, it kind of works. Let's see how it'll go.

It's rather slow though, and the chapter length doesn't help with that.

Setsuna

Does anyone know the name of a manga that started within the last like year about swords that took the physical form of girls, or something like that?

Lain

Though not otakus, 2 girls came to Comiket to play for three days by brilliant thunder

Somehow I get the suspicion Comiket doesn't work like that, especially in how to sell some manga. On the bright side, this was surely filled to the brim with content.

Stulaw

I read the first page of Billionaire Girl 15 and stopped, I knew what was going to happen and couldn't bare the rest.

Edit: Going to start reading Lemonade.

Zweizer

Banned
Though not otakus, 2 girls came to Comiket to play for three days by brilliant thunder

Somehow I get the suspicion Comiket doesn't work like that, especially in how to sell some manga. On the bright side, this was surely filled to the brim with content.

I wonder what kind of manga has such a title...

...T-This kind of recommendation is allowed here? (ಠ_ಠ)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's a very fine line. We're talking spider silk.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what kind of manga has such a title...

...T-This kind of recommendation is allowed here? (ಠ_ಠ)
It's Lain, what do you expect

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 1-13
Not bad. It's a little insincere in the way that it's tries to manipulate my emotions, but it's still pretty good. Violinist is totally going to kick the bucket though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God is in heaven and all is right with za warudo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom