• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom

Hmmm

is it ever wise to take what Shin says at face value? LOL :p

also its unfortunate that he's still lacking strategy wise but at least one person saw that and is trying to help.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 59
BnUcKdo.png
Uh. Well then. If I didn't know better, I'd swear this is ending next chapter with the group getting atomised. The NEW CHALLENGER is evidently leagues above anything they've faced up 'til now. If
Kotori
has some secret world-destroying powers then now would be a pretty good time to bust them out.

Question: Is Prunus Girl considered :DTL?
IIRC he read and enjoyed Himitsu no Akuma-chan, so yes.
Aikawa's clearly a guy and there's no debate about it. None. lalalalala I can't hear you.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've been so engaged by this arc of OP that I haven't bothered posting.

Chapter 590

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

Zweizer

Banned
The only solution is to read it.

But I already did!

you need more training

So I need to read more :DTL? I don't think my body will be able to handle that.

I've been so engaged by this arc of OP that I haven't bothered posting.

Chapter 590

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

So which chapter was the most shocking to you until now?

Revo

Fushigi na Shounen 12

That was certainly one of the more interesting companions he's found so far. A little surprised he would choose that option if the first story was untrue.

Mortemis

Banned
UQ Holder 35

Touta might as well give himself up to Fate to avoid getting everyone massacred. Fate's top 10 most OP characters in this, and Eva is the only one said to be alive that has a chance of taking him on and not getting curbstomped. (Negi, Nagi, or Jack haven't been confirmed alive).

Just offer up your body yourself Touta, if Fate can't get Negi his grandson works out for him I guess.

survivor

Banned
Kimi wa Pet vol 1
The story of a disgruntled office worker who finds a cute guy living in a box and takes him in as her pet. Pretty absurd concept, but outside of the master and pet relationship, the rest is josei angst which is decent enough to keep reading. I'm also trying to figure out where this dead eyes style of the art is from. I know I have seen it before, but I can't pinpoint which manga exactly.

Charade

Fushigi na Shounen 12

That was certainly one of the more interesting companions he's found so far. A little surprised he would choose that option if the first story was untrue.

Yeah that one is one of my favorites, along with Yurika, Socrates, and the Antarctic expedition one. I felt like there was an element of truth to some of his stories, but I'm not quite sure. But that mysteriousness was the reason he was so compelling I think, even the boy kinda questioned whether he was really human.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Inugami-san to Sarutobi-kun wa Naka ga Warui 1-4
The male MC is intolerable. Reminds me of the stuco president from Yandere Kanojo. Damn it. This set up would be amazing with a better male MC

kasane

Kimi wa Pet vol 1

The story of a disgruntled office worker who finds a cute guy living in a box and takes him in as her pet. Pretty absurd concept, but outside of the master and pet relationship, the rest is josei angst which is decent enough to keep reading. I'm also trying to figure out where this dead eyes style of the art is from. I know I have seen it before, but I can't pinpoint which manga exactly.

at least it was pretty fun

i hated kiss and never cry

gosh remembering that is making me rage

Akito

Doubutsu no Kuni v3
Aw shit dat timeskip, so good. This manga is moving fast and I like that a lot. The fight against the black lion was pretty dope and Capri is hilarious, good for Tarouza I guess. And then there was the sidestory with Kurokagi, oh man dem feels.

Jintor

Shishunki no Iron Maiden v1

I've starting this practice of putting manga on a watchlist that I think look interesting and then forgetting about it for a few weeks, then coming back and just reading them blind. You end up with some really interesting results... anyway, I really got trolled by the first full chapter of this where I thought it was going to be a generic ecchi comedy and the 12-13-14 year old protag was freaking out about 'that time of the month', and his generic childhood neighbor friend who he drifted apart from as he grew up blah blah blah, but then at the end of the first chapter she sprouted iron spikes all over her body.

So that was cool, it's drawn well, it's tolerably paced but unfortunately it's still not very interesting all up. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Monster Hunter - Senkou no Kariudo 00

Hey, another Monster Hunter manga.

Always interesting to have the first chapter be the end of the series and I guess we're going to go back and see how this team banded together through all their hijinks.

Also, beats playing the actual game.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Jyoshikausei 1-15
ORQmSyC.png

Me when I'm anywhere near a scale.
It's really good. I love when stories are told without using words. Very down to earth, too; even when something ridiculous happens, it never gives off a feeling of "that would never happen in real life" or anything. It starts off slow, but really picks up when her friends are introduced. but fuck does it make me miss my friends sometimes. ;_; It definitely makes me feel a little nostalgic. It's a sweet manga overall.

edit: the male gaze was kind of annoying sometimes though, but it got toned down in later chapters I think.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hmm, I'm not sure if I like the post-timeskip art of the characters. Hopefully it's just a case of me and/or Oda getting used to the new designs

Hmm, I'm not sure if I like the post-timeskip art of the characters. Hopefully it's just a case of me and/or Oda getting used to the new designs

He has and continues to do a pretty poor job with them post timeskip, actually probably with the whole manga post time skip. Theres really only been like two positives in the whole post timeskip one piece ecosystem.

You're not the only one. But I love Franky's timeskip design, and I think his was the most jarring and complained about when the chapter came out.

bjork

I definitely don't like the way the women generally have the same shape and in some faces, the same face.

Shengar

I definitely don't like the way the women generally have the same shape and in some faces, the same face.

I want my Skypea-Robin back. She's still fairly unique post Enies Lobby, but I really like her old self. She really stands out back then personlity and appearance wise, now she doesn't look too different from Nami. Heck, every female character except the absurd ones have Nami's face.

Oda, I know you're a boobs-man but that doesn't mean you can copy the same face onto other character just because she have big boobs.

I want my Skypea-Robin back. She's still fairly unique post Enies Lobby, but I really like her old self. She really stands out back then personlity and appearance wise, now she doesn't look too different from Nami. Heck, every female character except the absurd ones have Nami's face.

Oda, I know you're a boobs-man but that doesn't mean you can copy the same face onto other character just because she have big boobs.

Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous. Nami, Robin and Rebecca all look almost the same. You can only tell them apart by hairstyle and outfits.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
UQ Holder 35

Touta might as well give himself up to Fate to avoid getting everyone massacred. Fate's top 10 most OP characters in this, and Eva is the only one said to be alive that has a chance of taking him on and not getting curbstomped. (Negi, Nagi, or Jack haven't been confirmed alive).

Just offer up your body yourself Touta, if Fate can't get Negi his grandson works out for him I guess.

That's some twilight shit right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom