• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
More people should read biomeat nectar. It explores a really interesting aspect of genetic modification, or what we may end up with if we ever go too far. Seriously folks, making animals that can eat almost anything and can breed so fast is a terrible idea.

Kurita

Help me out Manga-gaf, I'm pretty new to manga and looking for a new series to start. I just finished reading Bakuman and loved it, so I'm looking for a series sort of similar to that or Silver Spoon in that it's a shonen (or even seinen) with some romantic elements (but not a smut series). Also, no ecchi or anything with a significant amount of fan service (ie. High School of the Dead) please.

So far I've read Bakuman, Silver Spoon, Death Note, and part of Attack on Titan. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Nobunaga no Chef
SKET Dance
Makai no Ossan

Shengar

I just came back from Japanese festival at Little Tokyo in Jakarta. Went into old book bazaar in the same area and bought these:

CIMG0832.JPG
Ten volumes of Emma for $10 and Pluto for $20
(I have to tell you that this isn't particularly cheap for me)
Well, time to put it on shelf,
never read it, and read scantlation instead
It's not what you think it is.

The fact it was posted by Lain makes the bait and switch 100% more effective.
But man, dem feels!

jman2050

Nisekoi 123

YA BLEW IT KOSAKI. AGAIN.

Hey an Onodera chapter that has some actual real character development this time. I mean yeah, it's the bare minimum and it really does a better job fleshing out everyone other than Onodera than it does herself but it's the thought that counts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Like the exact opposite of ahegao cat manga.

I just came back from Japanese festival at Little Tokyo in Jakarta. Went into old book bazaar in the same area and bought these:

Ten volumes of Emma for $10 and Pluto for $20
(I have to tell you that this isn't particularly cheap for me)
Well, time to put it on shelf,
never read it, and read scantlation instead

The fact it was posted by Lain makes the bait and switch 100% more effective.
But man, dem feels!

Indonesia has a better collection of mangas than Malaysia. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ended up trying out Kiwaguro no Brynhildr

Currently just finished chapter 26...hacking girl so lewd.

But enjoying this series so far.

Soma

Tsugumomo Ch. 21

This series is a bit of a guilty pleasure with all the fanservice.

But damn it can provide some impressive fight scenes when it wants to.

Nanatsu no Taizai 77.5

Poor King.

I would totally read a complete series of this set in high school.

kewlmyc

Nisekoi 123

Why is Onodera so freaking dull? I usually like girls like her, but there's nothing to her character whatsoever. Hell, she doesn't even have a dream.

Chrono Monochrome 01

EXTREME. ONLINE. CHESS. PLAYING.

I dunno, besides all the chess imagery not sure where this is gonna go. I guess play chess in some unknown world or something, who knows.

So half/half if I want to keep on reading.

Rhapsody

Banned
I must be the only one that likes Onodera here. US seems to hate her lol

Anyway, time to start on Negima again later today. Just gonna start at the beginning.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kiwaguro no Brynhildr 27-46

Still lewd.

So far we've had more light shed on these aliens, but only just a tad. And only one week has passed so getting more drugs has not been figured out yet. Murakami cracked the code on the device and now can call some german person but he's still put it off for now.

The storyline now is Kazumi will die thanks to the organization bringing in an AAA foresight girl.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 02

rIfzEffl.png

That building romance.

Nice of a series to stop making it misunderstandings city though interested in seeing where this will go now.

upandaway

Takkoku ch1

Whoa! What's this?! Whoa whoa whoa! Whew! Whoa!!

You guys who are interested should take this chance to give the series a read (or reread) as Akito puts them out. They'll keep on coming up until the end, so hang in there. (don't you dare read up on the current translations because they're, um, not okay! (sorry!))

It's pretty neat! It's also upandaway's favorite shonen romcom!! If you liked Law of Ueki or Anagle Mole, or just fun silly comedy shonen, you'll definitely like this.

It's also a bit hot blooded.

Charade

Takkoku 1

Hm. Interesting premise. Top-notch translation and editing. I think I'll keep reading (only Akito's releases of course).

Kamidori

A phantom thief teams up with a god of pestilence.

First thing up, all that manservice was well welcomed.

Oh, ahem, anyway, it's an one-shot done by the mangaka of Kurogane and I liked it. Nice premise set in Feudal Japan and involves Gods and has a likable lead. I'll welcome this as a new Jump series.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 74-75

l1W1rSC.png

Man that's awkward. At least Soul Gems actually look kinda pretty, unlike these creatures.

Anyway, everyone miraculously survived in one piece (a very gooey piece in Hatsuna's case), so that's a plus. On the downside, the reason for 1107's significance is finally explained, and if it's a switch Ichijiku intends to press then they'd better freakin' hope he teleported somewhere nearby.

Revo

Takkoku!!! 1

Her racket must be amazing to withstand that impact force. Interesting greeting he learned as well.

Zweizer

Banned
Nukoduke! ch1-8

To be honest I was expecting some slice-of-lifey silly over-the-top manga similar to Nekogurui, in an adorable way, but it's actually very different in concept, as the "cats" are actual anthropomorphized animals.

However, it is extremely cute, with the pets and the master forming a heartwarming household. On a side note, the manga seems to keep track of the time passed, so I wonder if it will have some plot progression.

That about sums it up.

Charade

Will give a look later.

Don't expect an ancient Greece setting though :D

It's basically a josei 4-koma, mixed with a little romance. Not much in terms of "progress" happens, but you usually learn a little bit more about the characters each chapter.

Kumamiko - Girl Meets Bear 1

Great start. Natsu is hilarious.

upandaway

Someone started translating Takokku again? Neat. Why did they have to start from the beginning though :/
Whoa you said you don't like sports manga before. Well I knew you like Fukuchi though. Keep your eyes on the Anagle Mole page sometime within the next century.

And yeah those jerks starting from ch1, unbelievable. What are they even thinking? They're so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom