• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Gokukoku no Brynhildr Overall Thoughts

First off I would like to say that typing out Gokukoku no Brynhildr is such a pain. I've had to fix Gokukoku like 20 times today.

Surprisingly, considering my thoughts from the first episode of the anime was that it was trash I actually quite enjoyed the past half dozen or so hours that I spent reading it. In fact I was enjoying it enough to not go to sleep 4hrs ago. Most of the later girls were quite good, although I never really got behind Kuroneko and Kotori. Besides the last technohacking, I thought the solutions were grounded enough that I never had complaints with them.

Kazumi is still the best, though.

Congrats on not getting cancelled!

I guess World Trigger is now safe for a bit, wwwwww

Best news today, cant wait to see anime Yuma faces
tumblr_mw415jB3n71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, for being simulpub it's kind of weird that crunchyroll got beaten by the scanlators this time when it comes to UQ holder.

Forkball

Can anyone recommend any samurai/feudal Japan manga? Yes, I know about Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal. And Basilisk. Is Azumi any good?

_hekk05

Banned
Can anyone recommend any samurai/feudal Japan manga? Yes, I know about Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal. And Basilisk. Is Azumi any good?

Nobonaga no Chef is the obvious recommendation.

Maybe Sengoku Youko?

EDIT: DAMMIT BEATEN BY THE PANDA

Double edit: I remember reading Gamaran last year. What happened to it?

upandaway

While we're on the subject, Oda Nobuna got a chapter released a couple days ago apparently. I doubt this is the start of an actual faster pace but it's nice to hope for it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Still no soma anime

ok

Remember it had a decent ending

The more you know

Soma is a widget series. Its not that surprising. I'm fairly sure one will show up once we get past the tournament arc, though.

Zweizer

Banned
What is a widget series?

"A Widget (WJT) is marketed as a Weird Japanese Thing, relatively offbeat compared to what is considered mainstream or popular. This has become more inclusive as anime and manga have developed a more mainstream presence, but usually exploits culture differences. The Widget Series often consists of Surreal Humor or a Gag Series. "

From TvTropes

Also includes:
WTF (A Weird Thing from France)
W(H)AT (A Weird (Humorous) American Thing)
Wabbit (Weird British Thing)
Wicket (Weird Canadian Thing)
STANZA (Strange Thing from Australia/New Zealand/Australasia)
EIEIO (Excessively Irish Example of Intentional Oddity)
WST (Weird Scandinavian Thing) and WIT (Weird Icelandic Thing).
PEGS (Peculiar & Eccentric German Subject)

Antiwhippy

I dunno if soma is that weird or japanese. Cooking shows, especially competitive reality TV shows, are popular world wide, and let's face it Soma is basically Iron Chef.

The only thing that might be weird about Soma is the obsession with gigantic boobs, but that's not really an exclusively japanese thing either.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"A Widget (WJT) is marketed as a Weird Japanese Thing, relatively offbeat compared to what is considered mainstream or popular. This has become more inclusive as anime and manga have developed a more mainstream presence, but usually exploits culture differences. The Widget Series often consists of Surreal Humor or a Gag Series. "
Okay.

Also includes:
WTF (A Weird Thing from France)
W(H)AT (A Weird (Humorous) American Thing)
Wabbit (Weird British Thing)
Wicket (Weird Canadian Thing)
STANZA (Strange Thing from Australia/New Zealand/Australasia)
EIEIO (Excessively Irish Example of Intentional Oddity)
WST (Weird Scandinavian Thing) and WIT (Weird Icelandic Thing).
PEGS (Peculiar & Eccentric German Subject)
This is fucking retarded fuck TVTropes.

Antiwhippy

I knew about the widget thing before, but I didn't realise that tvtropes have also gone into the deep end with other countries.

Kurita

I dunno if soma is that weird or japanese. Cooking shows, especially competitive reality TV shows, are popular world wide, and let's face it Soma is basically Iron Chef.

The only thing that might be weird about Soma is the obsession with gigantic boobs, but that's not really an exclusively japanese thing either.

Kind of related, I wonder why sports is such a big genre in Japan but other countries's comics almost never have stories like, say, Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21...

Antiwhippy

Kind of related, I wonder why sports is such a big genre in Japan but other countries's comics almost never have stories like, say, Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21...

Same reason why superhero comics dominate the NA comic market I guess.

bjork

I think I read this, some years ago. It rings a bell.

I read about ten chapters or whatever about a week ago? The girl's dad is runs a host club but he's a crossdresser or something. And she faints whenever this guy touches her. I can't remember the name, but I don't think I was going to continue anyway. Did find that panel funny, though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait, World Trigger is getting an anime? BEFORE Soma and AssClass? What is this?

Ugh...
Mediocrity continues to be sustained.

bigkrev

Because for every sport but soccer, the best leagues in the world are all in America. Sports "fiction" (Playmakers, Friday Night Lights, ect) never hit it too big because they are competing against the real thing.

upandaway

Wait, World Trigger is getting an anime? BEFORE Soma and AssClass? What is this?

Ugh...
Mediocrity continues to be sustained.
The more popular stuff always take a while to get an anime. The less popular stuff usually get nothing at all, but if they do, it's not that crazy to get it early.

I assume Jump wants to handle the more popular series more carefully.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Found the spoiler info at ArlongPark.

Apparently he's taking two weeks off to rest at the hospital.
He needs to stop smoking. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom