• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No chapter in issue 27?

No, there's a chapter in 27.
There's no chapters in 28 and 29. It will be back in issue 30.

Soooo going by official Jump release dates:
June 2nd: 749
June 9th: Absent
June 16th: Absent
June 23rd: 750

Going by "Wednesday" releases.
May 28th: 749
June 4th: Absent
June 11th: Absent
June 18th: 750

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Its just a weird, very Japanese thing. Think Katamari Damacy.

Soma counts because its an over the top battle series about making food.

Maybe that would be weird in the West, but Japan is the country that gave us Yakitate Japan, Iron Chef, and Dotch Cooking Show. Japan is absolutely at home with over the top cooking competitions so I don't think that's any kind of obstacle towards an anime.

I'd say the primary reason we haven't seen one yet is because there's just not that much material to adapt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe that would be weird in the West, but Japan is the country that gave us Yakitate Japan, Iron Chef, and Dotch Cooking Show. Japan is absolutely at home with over the top cooking competitions so I don't think that's any kind of obstacle towards an anime.

I'd say the primary reason we haven't seen one yet is because there's just not that much material to adapt.

Still, there's only so many widget series that can be run at once vs. shit like Attack of the Titans.

Soma is like 100% certain to get an anime, but yeah, it isn't even far enough into the plot to justify a full season. The other issue is that if its popular, they'll want to make another season and there won't be any material. I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be popular. Its hot-blooded and full of busty tsunderes.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Yeah, i say we wait two or three volume, then we might get Soma anime.
And the cooking session. I bet they're going to show the recipe and all that on live action like Yakitate Japan on some bread

Haly

Still, there's only so many widget series that can be run at once vs. shit like Attack of the Titans.
I don't think Japan cares that much about mindshare like Hollywood is, no one is going "okay let's air our shit during one of the slow seasons".

I could be wrong, but I never encountered something like this in all my years of anime watching. It's rather frustrating, actually, because some seasons are great and you don't have enough time in the day to watch everything and some are just absolute trash/backlog seasons.

Soma is like 100% certain to get an anime, but yeah, it isn't even far enough into the plot to justify a full season.
Didn't stop them from adapting Nisekoi!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some insane maniac made this helpful chart of Nisekoi chapters split by haremite and plot relevance:

DI0jRF6.jpg

Didn't stop them from adapting Nisekoi!

Nisekoi's adaptation went up to Chapter 50. So they still have 50 more chapters of crap to adapt for Season 2.

Mortemis

Banned
The way I think about it is, series with mangas early on are more of an advertisement for the manga and the animation studio are likely to not give a shit, but series that wait longer are more likely to have faithful adaptations of the manga instead of a quick 1 cour shitfest. I have no evidence to back this up though, so feel free to ignore this until I look stuff up after I get home from school.

Also wtf, is my dream of reading HxH and OP on the same day every week just that, a dream? I hope OP doesn't go bi-weekly. I dont want this to finish in 10-20 years.

Angry Grimace

The way I think about it is, series with mangas early on are more of an advertisement for the manga and the animation studio are likely to not give a shit, but series that wait longer are more likely to have faithful adaptations of the manga instead of a quick 1 cour shitfest. I have no evidence to back this up though, so feel free to ignore this until I look stuff up after I get home from school.

Also wtf, is my dream of reading HxH and OP on the same day every week just that, a dream? I hope OP doesn't go bi-weekly. I dont want this to finish in 10-20 years.

It wasn't going end in less than 10 anyways unless Oda dies, in which case you can look forward to the Brandon Sanderson penned ending.

I dont know if thats really a correlation, things like baby steps with tons of chapters still only gets a 2 cour anime with original story by pierrot, or something like zetman gets only 13 episodes even though it had >200 chps, Code Breaker too with its 12 episodes even though >150chps, coppelion is another example.

upandaway

Wait whoops it wasn't the introduction, but still it was the chapter that basically added her to the cast (more of an introduction that the previous introduction). I just checked it, no way that's skippable. It would make any further appearance of Paula a complete confusion.

None of the chart is to be trusted

She is as likely to win as I am of growing wings and learning to fly
But she's the best character

Angry Grimace

So have you already switched to dere mode for Nisekoi?

Shinshuki no Iron Maiden 1-33

Eh, not really feeling this one, can't really put my finger on why.

I don't hate Nisekoi at all, so long as I understand it isn't really designed to be plot driven. Not to mention they've started lampshading how ridiculous it is that Raku is basically a Gary Stu now.

Haly

all according to keikaku

Keikakuspren.

That would've been a huge tipoff, actually, if L and Kira were just sitting around chilling and L scopes out all that keikakuspren floating around Kira's head.

Mortemis

Banned
It wasn't going end in less than 10 anyways unless Oda dies, in which case you can look forward to the Brandon Sanderson penned ending.

I'm honestly hoping it speeds up and finishes before 10 years though. But I guess 30 years of serialization isn't an overstretch but a actually inevitable.
I dont know if thats really a correlation, things like baby steps with tons of chapters still only gets a 2 cour anime with original story by pierrot, or something like zetman gets only 13 episodes even though it had >200 chps, Code Breaker too with its 12 episodes even though >150chps, coppelion is another example.
Yeah its just something I thought up without really looking into it, I just guess it has more to do with jump choosing the best offer from an animation studio and less about how long its been out. Hopefully jump chooses well for Soma.

upandaway

That's the second Grimace enlightenment I can remember. First one was Tadokoro, although that one was more gradual. Nisekoi came out of nowhere.

Yeah its just something I thought up without really looking into it, I just guess it has more to do with jump choosing the best offer from an animation studio and less about how long its been out. Hopefully jump chooses well for Soma.

Hopefully they won't choose the cheapest offer otherwise it would get Toei'd

Mortemis

Banned
Some insane maniac made this helpful chart of Nisekoi chapters split by haremite and plot relevance
Wow, only about five Onodera chapters are non-skippable. But it makes sense, most chapters with "plot" are focused on Chitoge ( or at least they used to). Now that we mostly get skippable chapters we have a bunch of more Onodera and harem chapters.

And we haven't gotten an important Chitoge chapter since the birthday arc? Wow to that too.

Hopefully they won't choose the cheapest offer otherwise it would get Toei'd
Toei and studio Pierriot need to stay the fuck away. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom