• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sorachi is one of the best shounen mangakas around because he could something so stupid or funny and just change the mood of the manga to something touching by the next page.

Charade

Actually I'll probably read it soon (haha), but it is getting an anime adaptation (Donten ni Warau) and considering I'm only two chapters in the spinoff and loving it, I know I'll like the first series.

Well then, I'll have to check them both out sometime.

Koe no Katachi 30.5

Aw, nice little bonus chapter. Kinda a behind the scenes.

Well then, I'll have to check them both out sometime.

It has my seal of approval.

Rengoku ni Warau 03

tbTZEXg.jpg

The twins are such sneaky characters, it's pretty amusing.

But that end of the chapter :OOOOOOO

Defuser

Sorachi-sensei is free to tease and troll me all he wants.

I am absolutely loving this arc.
WAIT WAIT WAIT, another arc that involves Tsuki and Gintoki furthermore it involves some teasing? Fuuuuuuck! I really need to read up the manga but I rather wait for a new season if sunrise ever get around. Sorachi is embracing the fujyoshi hatred and I'm loving it.

I think Griffith is very interesting, but undeniably evil.

That's a matter of perspective. He's protecting the people of Falconia and made them happy, which is undeniable. He also united humans and demons and brought them together to fight against a common enemy and to protect each other.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's a matter of perspective. He's protecting the people of Falconia and made them happy, which is undeniable. He also united humans and demons and brought them together to fight against a common enemy and to protect each other.

A common enemy which he personally engineered?

wonzo

Banned
Sukeban Deka 4

If there's one thing this and Prof. Munakata have taught me, it's that rural Japan is a really fucked up place.

also this author has a thing for awful shit happening to schoolkids
what.png

Aizo

Banned
Your love for his beautiful hair clouds your vision. If you don't think a man who sacrificed many of his friends for power is evil, that's quite strange. Perhaps you could still make an argument that he's doing it for a better cause. You cannot, however, justify rape. Ever. That's evil. Also, it's far too early to believe he is doing something wholeheartedly good for the people. Falconia is insanely suspicious.
Exactly.

Which is better then when humanity was massacred by demons and each other? Griffith's army also saved the land from those invaders. Truth is the world is far better under his protective wing then it'll be if Guts gets his petty revenge, if anything Griffith could probably cure Casca and they could then live happily together

Antiwhippy

Which is better then when humanity was massacred by demons and each other? Griffith's army also saved the land from those invaders. Truth is the world is far better under his protective wing then it'll be if Guts gets his petty revenge, if anything Griffith could probably cure Casca and they could then live happily together

Like, I dunno, you really don't expect a power-hungry maniac to have some weird ulterior motive by putting what is essentially the entire world under his wings along with hordes of demons?

A person whose CV includes being a rapist, sacrificing people who trusted him as a leader to get absolute power, not to mention being part of a group whose sole purpose seems to be bringing tragedy to the human world?

Your love for his beautiful hair clouds your vision. If you don't think a man who sacrificed many of his friends for power is evil, that's quite strange. Perhaps you could still make an argument that he's doing it for a better cause. You cannot, however, justify rape. Ever. That's evil. Also, it's far too early to believe he is doing something wholeheartedly good for the people. Falconia is insanely suspicious.

Exactly.

I'm not defending Griffith's actions before he was reborn. That was clearly not the same being. But the person he is now has stepped out of the darkness and became the light to guide everyone else. It's not hard to see that, really.

Aizo

Banned
I'm not defending Griffith's actions before he was reborn. That was clearly not the same being. But the person he is now has stepped out of the darkness and became the light to guide everyone else. It's not hard to see that, really.
My response:
Like, I dunno, you really don't expect a power-hungry maniac to have some weird ulterior motive by putting what is essentially the entire world under his wings along with hordes of demons?

A person whose CV includes being a rapist, sacrificing people who trusted him as a leader to get absolute power, not to mention being part of a group whose sole purpose seems to be bringing tragedy to the human world?

We really don't know enough either way, but considering his past, it's hard to believe that he will be a good person.

Antiwhippy

Also I do have a theory on why he want to gather humans into one, big, singular spot. Probably something to do with using behelit in some way. Go
full metal alchemist
on it. Sacrifice the whole world.

wonzo

Banned
A Girl by the Sea 15-20 END

This kinda goes in a weird direction for a while but I think that's more to me forgetting a large chunk of volume 1 more than anything else. Either way, this really was a far more restrained (well, apart from the sex) version of Aku no Hana without most of the angsts whilst still tackling the lives on horny teenagers struggling through puberty (and mental illness for some.)

speaking of aku no hana

Aku no Hana 57 END

A rather unconventional ending, though it really makes me want to re-read the series focusing on Nakamura's perspective which I'm definitely gonna do once the last volumes out in english!

bravo oshimi, bravo

Honey & Honey 34 END

i hope someone translates her next series as it hurts knowing this series is over for reals ;-;

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 108

Let's do thiiiiiiis! Always love that new tournament feel.
I also like the fact that the author doesn't forget the girls teams during the tournaments.

Parasyte 1-10

t6dsrzG.jpg

Parasyte is the story about the high school kid Shinji and Migi, the shapeshifting parasite from space.
After a failed attempt to take over Shinji's body, Migi now controls Shinji's right arm. While having some troubles at the beginning, these two quickly learn how to live with each other. Since Migi is dependent on his host's health, he also needs to protect Shinji from all kind of danger out there, including other parasites, who've taken over other humans and are killing and eating humans left and right.

BDRHpKN.jpg

This is some twisted version of "Invasion of the body snatchers" and while it can be a bit gorey and nasty, it does have its hilarious moments. Mostly because of the interactions between Shinji and Migi.

I wonder how this manga landed n my reading list in the first place. Huh.

Shengar

My response:

We really don't know enough either way, but considering his past, it's hard to believe that he will be a good person.

Even if he turned out to be good, it'll feels like an asspull rather than a natural outcome of the character with that kind of CV.
I haven't yet to read Berserk (boooo and I proclaim myself as a bigfan of Demon's Souls) so this is just kneejerk response as an outsider from reading your guys posts alone. Take it with massive grain of salt.

Zweizer

Banned
Boku Girl ch17

Things are getting interesting. I wonder if it'll really go with the Idol Pretender route or Loki will do something more interesting (all things point to the latter, fortunately).

I'm counting on you, Loki ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Kona Kanojo wa FIction desu ch24

New girl has some interesting powers. Let's hope it won't go down the cliché harem route.

She can even make this guy look (somewhat) cool.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch22

Man to man to man/woman to woman/man to man/woman talk. Shirou is a rather honorable person, despite his stubbornness, but Shiho is still superior. At least that promise thing has been resolved.

/dead

wonzo

Banned
mmy 22.5+23.5

um yeah. i can see why noone bothered to translate this for so long ._.

Berserk 335

ot even the grand visages can make up for the shonenesque pacing. cmon island wen???

hiatus x hiatus 341

yeah i'm gonna give it half a chapter until that immortal dude kills everyone in the facility

Kurita

Since I'll be in Japan in two months I think I'll grab a Mob Psycho volume. ONE deserves my money.

(if I still have money left after buying a shit ton of CDs)

Shengar

Parasyte - End
What a great manga, as the closure is perfect. I can't believe myself for taking so long to read this. I wish I could write more about it but it already took many of time from my paper.

Shengar

Since I'll be in Japan in two months I think I'll grab a Mob Psycho volume. ONE deserves my money.

(if I still have money left after buying a shit ton of CDs)

Two months? The last time (first time) I was there, I'm staying for ten days only. What're you doing there?

Accoun

Reading Initial D. I realized that only yesterday I've read about 200 chapters.

I guess it's a fast manga, one way or another.

Kurita

Two months? The last time (first time) I was there, I'm staying for ten days only. What're you doing there?
I meant that I'm going in Japan IN two months, not FOR two months :p I'll just stay three weeks. Just going there as a tourist, with my parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom