• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

I meant that I'm going in Japan IN two months, not FOR two months :p I'll just stay three weeks. Just going there as a tourist, with my parents.

Damn, Parasyte really took heavy toll on my reading comprehension there. But three weeks is still almost the double of my time there.

AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei 100-160
Its good to see that some chapters were not focused on the MC, but gave some spotlight to Hiroko.
Goddamn Minoru/Minori, betting his/hers(i don't know kay?) idol life not once, but TWICE. But of course being the MC, he/she managed to pull one off, and just starting another. MC too OP, please nerf!
Now I am just waiting for the time where his identity gets public, and I am sure the author would put it during his peak just for the lulz.

Aizo

Banned
Since I'll be in Japan in two months I think I'll grab a Mob Psycho volume. ONE deserves my money.

(if I still have money left after buying a shit ton of CDs)

I'm gonna stalk you and watch your CD shopping spree while you're here.

Shengar

That reminds me, do you guys recommend Claymore? Is it good? Or is it "good until certain part" type of manga like Berserk?

Revo

I think the beginning and some the middle was alright to somewhat good. I barely remember it, though.

The recent stuff has been such a drag for me, though.

_hekk05

Banned
Man, Sidonia no Kishi is pretty much dragged down by the harem crap in it.

So tired of girl rescues too.

wuuuut

As a series about the survival of the human species, it must explore some of the basic tenants of human instincts.

Food: photosynthesis
Sleep: basically still sleep
Sex: photosynthesis (if you know what I mean lol)
Fight or flight: kill gaunas vs run away and hope they don't chase us movement

I went to bed at 11:30 PM and didn't get to sleep until 6 AM because I was in excruciating pain and I'm in the wars today

someone make me feel better

good manga would be nice too. I'm effectively a vegetable in a bad mood today. A sad tomato

or something

a tomato isn't even a vegetable

idk

kill me now

someone

I went to bed at 11:30 PM and didn't get to sleep until 6 AM because I was in excruciating pain and I'm in the wars today

good manga would be nice too. I'm effectively a vegetable in a bad mood today. A sad tomato

or something

idk

kill me now

someone

Love So Life.

Oresama Teacher.

Basically, cute/romantic shoujo shit helps.

Aizo

Banned
That reminds me, do you guys recommend Claymore? Is it good? Or is it "good until certain part" type of manga like Berserk?
I think it is an average shounen manga. I got bored and dropped it after ~130 chapters. All the characters are just too flat to interest me. I'm not impressed easily, though, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

or something

idk

kill me now

someone
The wars??
You can PM me if you need someone to talk to.
That goes for any of you in Manga GAF.

Revo

Whenever I'm sad I read comedy.

So
Tonari no Seki-kun
Kyou kara Ore wa!!
Mob Psycho 100
Nichijou
Sakamoto desu ga?

are some

Love So Life.

Oresama Teacher.

Basically, cute/romantic shoujo shit helps.

added to list

Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane

i like cute things, shoujo ai and glasses

i guess i'm in

The wars??
You can PM me if you need someone to talk to.
That goes for any of you in Manga GAF.

I'm fine, I'm just very tired and in quite a bit of physical pain

just one of them days. jaw pain too stronk :(

thanks for the offer though mate :)

Shengar

I think it is an average shounen manga. I got bored and dropped it after ~130 chapters. All the characters are just too flat to interest me. I'm not impressed easily, though, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

That's not a problem since I'm the same too. Though I can get easily and overly impressed when a manga does something that completely unexpected and it's considered as excelency of writing in my book, though in reality it shouldn't be special at all.

Maybe I should read Barakamon after my Finals done, but with the anime in sight I'm not sure.

dramatis

wuuuut

As a series about the survival of the human species, it must explore some of the basic tenants of human instincts.

Food: photosynthesis
Sleep: basically still sleep
Sex: photosynthesis (if you know what I mean lol)
Fight or flight: kill gaunas vs run away and hope they don't chase us movement
Sure, but the harem crap still sucks. It's boring, there's a whole line of girls whose names you can barely remember and on top of that you can barely remember how they look too, because they all share the same face. All of the girls meet the main guy and magically crush on him even though he's terribly dull too.

The sci-fi stuff is interesting, marred by a really boring cast with generic interactions. 'Photosynthesis' isn't going to hide that.

Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla 4
tumblr_n6huedMqX91qbxqfpo1_500.png

The shift in the relationships is finally starting to happen with a shift between Take, Mine, and Hiroi, kind of leaning towards wanting a Take Mine outcome, though unfortunately, that means Hiroi would get a bad end. Seems like one will be in tears end of manga anyway unless a fourth character happens to appear in the remaining chapter.

_hekk05

Banned
Sure, but the harem crap still sucks. It's boring, there's a whole line of girls whose names you can barely remember and on top of that you can barely remember how they look too, because they all share the same face. All of the girls meet the main guy and magically crush on him even though he's terribly dull too.

The sci-fi stuff is interesting, marred by a really boring cast with generic interactions. 'Photosynthesis' isn't going to hide that.

Dude lived with his older clone for a decade plus. If he was interesting then all the uninteresting folk in the world will commit suicide. Besides, in the olden days, males found mates by being strong in a hostile world. I feel like the series draws a nice parallel. After all, humankind are relatively weak and fighting to survive.

Regarding similar faces, wasn't it revealed that the disaster years ago drove populations down to the hundreds. Wouldn't surprise me if all the children are related to each other in some way, and even less how they look slightly similar.

I also kinda like how the Honoka sisters are all clones and hence can understand each other to a certain extent, but are different enough to each have their own individual personalities. Makes for some interesting girl talk

Aizo

Banned
I'm fine, I'm just very tired and in quite a bit of physical pain

just one of them days. jaw pain too stronk :(

thanks for the offer though mate :)
The offer is always open.
That's not a problem since I'm the same too. Though I can get easily and overly impressed when a manga does something that completely unexpected and it's considered as excelency of writing in my book, though in reality it shouldn't be special at all.

Maybe I should read Barakamon after my Finals done, but with the anime in sight I'm not sure.
I've gotten the feeling before that we may have similar tastes. I could be wrong, though.

haha

basically a colloquialism for having a shit time/shit day, generally through pain and stress.

guess that one was a bit too Irish for you folk
You're Irish? I feel like I knew this before. I love Irish accents. Take me now, Costigan.

oh god

between Kasane and AlabastreAizo

am I developing my own harem??????

i'm sorry but unless you're secretly female I'll have to turn you down :(

Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane 1-5

this is hilarious and dumb and cute and basically exactly what i needed

thank you hekk-kun

I was watching some D. Gray-man anime, and i remembered the Musician OST. It´s genius. I have also read that the manga was cancelled due to the bad health of Hoshino :(. I really hope she gets better. She was struggling with disease for a long time.

To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator 06

Darn you insulation, blocking electricity!

And I guess we suddenly get more background on Academy City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom