• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an alternate interpretation of the ending of koe no katachi 43

So someone gets their back broken and needs to be sent to a foreign prison where a inmate can heal his/her back and lets him/her train for months to become the ultimate caped crusader?

Phew.

stephen-colbert-wipes-sweat.jpg

The way people were posting it sounded like someone permanently lost their legs.

Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki 03-06

Magic is awesome!

I am really enjoying this. Having a character with basically unlimited magic is fun and seeing him learn about it is interesting. Also, I like this fantasy world and its amusing to see real life concepts get applied to it. A fun series.

scy

Koe no Katachi 43 - I feel the events that got us to here were way too rushed.

Also, I think people falling off buildings doesn't do anything for me anymore.

bigkrev

folks here who own Kindles

what manga/LNs that you think I would and/or should read are available on Kindle? I already know about the Book Girl series which I will be picking up.

it's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm getting a Kindle. Want to fill it up

are you getting an e-ink Kindle? I had an old DX, it was probably my favorite device to read manga on ever. Most of the stuff on the Kindle shop won't actually work on a e-ink device, you need to use a program like Mangle or KCC to make files to put on your device.

Shurabara! 11

So uh, basically the two other fake relationships just dissolved and we get one route I guess?

I was expecting a battlefield with this series and I was surely disappointed.

Quasar

all the horrible teachers i had back then was just horrible teachers. At least they were decent human beings

The worst I ever had was ones that didn't really care rather than actively negative. Such as the english teacher who just gave out work, and then just hung out and chatted with the soccer kids about soccer all lesson and ignored everyone else. he was more baby sitter than teacher.

Mortemis

Banned
Shurabara! 11

So uh, basically the two other fake relationships just dissolved and we get one route I guess?

I was expecting a battlefield with this series and I was surely disappointed.

It's based off an LN, and I read a summary on another site saying that the manga just basically skipped through all of the battles (apparently he dates each girl) and they go straight to the ending route, which is still the redhead, whatever her name was.

Vetsunova

Girl enters a virtual reality game thanks to her sister.

Not a bad oneshot? It kinda feels messy, while the plot doesn't run over the plot, it still feels like it is going everywhere at once.

kasane

The worst I ever had was ones that didn't really care rather than actively negative. Such as the english teacher who just gave out work, and then just hung out and chatted with the soccer kids about soccer all lesson and ignored everyone else. he was more baby sitter than teacher.

Oh my god i had that kind of guy back then

it was math and what he did was he gave us books do 1 example per class and make us do jack shit. I had no idea where he pulled his grades but i almost failed him since i skipped his class

Charade

Koe no Katachi 43

Welp. If the reason for her suicidal thoughts was that she became a bother to him and others, then this can't be good at all.

Big One

Banned
Finally got my RK volumes in! Going to crack into them and finish the series.

Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 6

This was kind of a meh volume. I guess the stories in it are solid but it feels like filler more than anything even though we get to know more about Sano's past somewhat.

Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 7

Oh man, things are starting to get really good. Everything about this volume is just pure awesome and sets up for even greater things. Best volume in the series I've read thus far.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soma feeds off the dead bodies of the ongoing trend of unsuccessful Jump series as its source of power.

No that's World Trigger.

Hahahaha, beaten by dakku.

But yeah, Stealth Symphony joins Barrage, Takamagahara and Cross Manage as the corpses caused by the International Jump Curse.

one piece spoilers

Doflamingo appears, and Luffy attacks him, questioning why he's here.
He says he came to "save" them, as he easily slaps Luffy's attack away.

Doflamingo then shoots Ucy with his Tamaito (bullet strings), knocking him out and making Luffy & Law fall in the water
Luffy cares for Ucy, but Law tells him to forget the bull.
Doflamingo laughs saying how pathetic, anyone can kill them.

Doflamingo is amused at Luffy's "special" power to make allies, but find Luffy himself too soft and stupid.
He questions Law why he chose the Straw Hat.. you were far more cruel and cunning when you were young! Who made you fangless?
Law replies he doesn't want to be like Doflamingo... his life was saved!
By who? My brother Corazon? Replies Dofla. He then proceeds to finish them off...

But Jeet and Abdulla appears from behind, attacking Doflamingo!
Jeet's sword slices Dofla's body in half, and Abdulla's spear pierces through his upper torso.

Of course, the body was nothing but a string clone. Doflamingo's clone turns back into strings and disappear.

Koe no Kitachi 1 - 18:
why am i even reading this
so much sadness
why does it hurt so much
why must i cry

Koe no Kitachi 28:
OH MY GOD

Koe no Kitachi 30:
OH COME ON
STOP

Koe no Kitachi 32:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH
THAT'S FUCKED UP

Koe no Kitachi 42:
STAPH

Koe no Kitachi 43:
NONONONONONONONONONONONO

I'M NEVER READING ANYTHING YOU GUYS RECOMMEND AGAIN D:

Mortemis

Banned
I feel like reading a big dumb shonen again. Are Kongou Banchou, Magi and Needless (I know that's a seinen but it fits in here) any good?

I haven't read the first, dropped Needless after a few chapters and I can't even remember why, but Magi is fairly good. The first few arcs are really fun and great, it turns into shounen "wtf is going on" later on but it's a fun ride.

Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki 1-6
lolwut google search.
This is basically OPM except magic.

Koe No Katachi 43

I feel like reading a big dumb shonen again. Are Kongou Banchou, Magi and Needless (I know that's a seinen but it fits in here) any good?

Kongou Banchou is fantastic and hot-blooded.

Magi is pretty good for a while, but recent boring developments have made me put it on hold.

If you can look past the loli-esque fanservice (hearing that a lot lately), Needless is also fantastic and hot-blooded.

You could also look in this thread I made if you haven't seen it before (it's linked in the OP here). Does need updating, though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto

So since naruto regenerated obito's eye, obito's going to end up giving it to kakashi again, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom