• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I think some of you would have really enjoyed my day today. It was yukata day at my uni.

During my college day, me and my buddy make a yukata rental stand during culture fair. Customer can rent yukata and take a picture for a price. I have greater appreciation for those who work in service industry that day....

Aunt mammary gland

Glasses still on. Oh yeah my boy!
Dat cliffhanger!
threesome imminent since her BF think Minamoto is cute?

Charade

I love oneshots.

I just accept that they'll be paced terribly most of the time :x
In a way, that's part of the charm. Just kind of rushes through events

Well I can't deny that :p
It's manga for impatient busy people!

And speaking of oneshots...

The Thief and the Jewel Girl (Oneshot)

I feel like this would've been a lot better with a smoother translation. But still kinda cute regardless, I guess.

I love oneshots.

Indeed.

and sometimes its due to pace that the story will have some defining moments for me (like some plot twist or swerve at the last moment)

Attack on Titan 59

Armin slowly developing his serial killer characteristic

Even though the chapter was establishing the uneasiness within the MP with some members that are hesitant and judging of their current actions (questioning if they are in the right or wrong) particularly the regular force this chapter could've at least reduced around 20 chapters of just extra unneeded fluff

the press part was stretched longer then necessary

Shengar

If Mistborn were to received manga adaptation, noone will notice that it was from novel. All things I read so far is very close to many shounen-tropes out there.

Aunt Ass Tits 131
Oh boy they can't hide from this one aren't they?

World Trigger 66
tumblr_n8d3bkuwZz1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Good battle. Mr. Viza v Yuma is the best fight of the series (well up there with the Hyuse fight), all of Yuma seals, bolts and anchors, along with Mr. Viza's way to cut through them and calmness with the fight and some panels without even words made it feel like a really good entry into the battle series.

I think the arc may be ending since the eight rabids are on the field. If so then I believe its getting to a good point that the upcoming anime could stop at.

Just confused over the line about Mr. Viza lying, I dont understand what part about what he said is a lie.

Revo

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol 11

Mayumi, don't go. You don't need to graduate. Stay at school. Please. The story needs you. Tatsuya needs you. I need you :(((((((((

But woo entirely Mayumi ending.

Small downturn from Vol 10 as there was no way it could beat Valentines Day antics. Bit sad that the Parasites seem to be something that might continue forward. A little sad to see Lina go but Shizuku is back so no complaining from me. Also interesting that Raymond interfered directly instead of using Shizuku. Guess they will also become a big thing. And go away Minami. Go far away. The fighting sequence was good enough.

Overall, decent-good. But Mayumi, please stay. Don't goooooooooooooooooooo.

Lain

Giant Killing volume 21
9ST.jpg

The match between Yamagata and ETU got really heated. After Hotta
got expelled for that foul
it really became a hard match and seeing Tatsumi
being at a loss about what to do to turn things around as he was going to sub Hotta out
really made things switch around from the previous volume.
Naturally Tatsumi being Tatsumi it looked like he has concocted some sort of plan, though I'll have to wait for the next volume to see the results of his actions.

Shingeki no Kyojin 34

omg a titan in the wall! :p

Yes, chapter 34. I'm re-continuing the series. Actually I started with the manga, but left it on hold when Annie Titan appeared, because waiting for a chapter each month was torture. Later the anime was announced, and with it I reached a more forward point in the story.
And now finally I come back to following the manga again.
I know a pair of spoilers, but I hope there are still surprises for me.

I love oneshots.

Having a page limit works wonders it seems, most of the time.

But one shots are great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I saw a Gray Wolf at Yellowstone. That is all. See you next Monday.

Zweizer

Banned
oh man you should read Kimi no Iru Machi.

it's great. Legitimately a must read.

We're not all masochists like you. Go back to scy's dungeon island you!

Attack on Titan ch1-43

Started reading this as the anime was interesting enough and while the pacing is slightly superior, I have to say the adaptation was surprisingly faithful to the manga. Lots of shit going on after the anime ended as expected, but otherwise it's mostly the same old killfest and weird art. Not too bad.

Pokemon Adventures Black/White Vol.04

mGRjY7zl.jpg

Of course the Victini event that's kinda boring, the boring Pokemon Musicals that no one cares about, Elisa's gym and some hometown introduction of her and finally N comes back to ruin's everyone day.

I will say this is definitely the start of White's character development which is a welcome sight.

Stealth Symphony

Goddamn LOL.
Main character gets iced in a very gory non-shounen hero way? You can tell this one's going to the chopping block.

Lain

What the wolf girl said is true.
If you haven't read Seo at least once, you haven't lived.
Grab KNIM and start reading today, and be a real member of Manga GAF like the rest of us!

scy

Stealth Symphony 19 - I like to think it very symbolic that he gets his head chopped off suddenly right in the middle of him coming to terms with himself.

iShoujo 03

Oh, so this is basically short stories of relationships being fixed by an app.

Well not bad then. I guess relationships actually occurring is too much for Jump readers to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom