• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ore Monogatari

4d1ca41fe0.png

My face when reading this series

Seraph of the End 23
tumblr_n8d6vpowvF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I wonder if this was an end of the volume chapter, seemed like a perfect place with the long speech made and the plans for the Nagoya invasion and such. Everyone expressing their definition of family and how betrayal would affect it was sweet. The message in the manga is great and really shows my favorite part of the manga.

Favorite scene was the three waking up and small talking in the hallway as well as the Kimizu moment in the kitchen, if only since hes so close to Yui, though hes also with Mika, decisions.

scy

Is it really that bad? I'm planning to read it :(

It's more that it's rather dumb in the ways it drags itself out. A lot of manufactured "drama" and other stupid events to stretch things out. It stands out compared to, say, Nisekoi or others that drag on forever because it actually does have "plot development" but uses it to reset things as opposed to nothing happening in the first place.

Basically, a lot of dumb decisions for ~260 chapters.

Quasar

Prunus Girl - Rather quite enjoyable, though I guess I did all along keep expecting them to reveal that Kizuna is a girl after all. Not that I necessarily wanted that, just that I expected it. Or that gender really would get in the way of the relationship.

Charade

Man, this thread's moved fast. I feel like around this time last thread we were already coming up with names for the next one...

You thought this was going to be an OT name, didn't you? :D

Zephyx

It's more that it's rather dumb in the ways it drags itself out. A lot of manufactured "drama" and other stupid events to stretch things out. It stands out compared to, say, Nisekoi or others that drag on forever because it actually does have "plot development" but uses it to reset things as opposed to nothing happening in the first place.

Basically, a lot of dumb decisions for ~260 chapters.

I suppose those dumb stuff are fillers padded just to keep the manga going. I'm fine with dumb content and fillers, gonna go ahead and read it. I'll give it a shot this weekend and post impressions. Thanks!

Well, I'm just teasing :p
But if Zephyx starts reading it I may start believing it!

LOL. It worked though. :p

scy

I suppose those dumb stuff are fillers padded just to keep the manga going. I'm fine with dumb content and fillers, gonna go ahead and read it. I'll give it a shot this weekend and post impressions. Thanks

If it was just filler, it wouldn't really be a problem (maybe). Like I said, it's more manufactured drama rather than just "nothing happens, wheeee twenty chapters wasted!"

I guess you'll see.

Zephyx

If it was just filler, it wouldn't really be a problem (maybe). Like I said, it's more manufactured drama rather than just "nothing happens, wheeee twenty chapters wasted!"

I guess you'll see.

We'll see. :p I'm gonna read it with low expectations so I think I won't be disappointed.

Big One

Banned
Kingdom Tonryuu Rebellion arc FINISHED

At first I thought it was kind of BS to bring Seikyou back, but this arc redeemed it. Seikyou turned out to be a pretty fantastically developed character overall with an awesome character arc. It also integrated very well how much Shin and the others have improved over the years. Huge fan of Shin using the glaive and becoming a straight badass motherfucker.

Overall a great introduction arc after the timeskip and also a great introduction to what's to come from Ryo.

Charade

I can't make up silly emoticons for the |OT| part because I'm not on my computer :(

But your new laptop?

P to JK 6

Ah, I had a feeling this guy would return. I kinda like him now, but please don't be a love triangle! He should get with her friend or something.

To aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki 01

A middle aged man plays a VRMMO using unconventional skills.

It's amusing, choosing skills that other people would deem useless (this game sucks if archery is considered useless) and probably becoming the best due to a good combination of them.

Big One

Banned
Kingdom FINISHED

Well, that was an awesome right. My thoughts on this manga are the same as before. Awesome shit. Love it. Easily in my top 10 favorites right now.

Soul Eater - END

Well, that was reaaaaallyyyy confusing.

At least we had some great Black☆Star action. When will we have a spin-off entirely based on him ?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soul Eater - END

Well, that was reaaaaallyyyy confusing.

At least we had some great Black☆Star action. When will we have a spin-off entirely based on him ?

I'm still waiting for the sequel. Too many things felt unfinished.
Hopefully he finishes NOT soon.

Gakkou Gurashi 1-9

I started Walking Dead recently, so this is an interesting contrast. I like how subtle it is with portraying the characters' inner conflicts beyond delusional girl.

I'm still waiting for the sequel. Too many things felt unfinished.
Hopefully he finishes NOT soon.
Is there really a need for a sequel ? Except for the
Crona being imprisoned in the Kishin's darknes which could be a potential sequel hook
I don't see any other unfinished business.

What's NOT ? An alternative series ?

Stealth Symphony 19
Holy shit what a chapter. You really feel the series has been axed but at the same time you can only wonder how it would have gone if it continued...

BatDan

Is there really a need for a sequel ? Except for the
Crona being imprisoned in the Kishin's darknes which could be a potential sequel hook
I don't see any other unfinished business.

What's NOT ? An alternative series ?

There's other Great Old Ones out there still unrevealed.
I recall other plot points but can't think of them off the top of my head...

Soul Eater NOT is a prequel series targeting the "moe" audience. It recently got an anime (instead of giving Soul Eater the proper FMA:Brotherhood treatment).

BatDan

Wait, is the NOT! manga incomplete? Was that a bones original ending to a mediocre tie-in series?

It's still ongoing.
I'm not sure if we got another Bones ending or if it just stopped at a story arc. It's not completely scanned.

Ore Monogatari!!

Suna is such a fucking bro *cries*

Takeo is fun as well and its nice to see things going his way for once (although he was so blind to it LOL).

scy

After scy posted that he read some chapters of Rescue Me, I realized it was a flag to never trust him.

In my defense, I've never recommended this to anyone!

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 4 - Yandere little sister. Swimsuits. Bath scene.

...oh. This is why I can't be trusted. I get it now.

Ore Monogatari!!

So Suna's sister also liked him, damn he does really have it after all. Given his personality though it shouldn't be surprising but still

Also LOL @ the drama buildup.
At least her not being a 100% pure girl is a nice change especially when she did some of that stuff just to see him again (and shes like 90% pure anyways :p)

Welcome Brother, to our new Ore Monogatari Cult.

the small chapter count is starting to bum me out as i'm getting closer :(

Charade

It's lame that Suna wasn't in the Nisekoi crossover.
Their relationship is honestly my favorite part of the series.

iirc he was in the background or something. But yeah, I thought that was a missed opportunity too. I remember after reading the first part thinking that he had to be featured in the second part, but nope :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom